Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just finalized the previously discussed deal of my Cooper($31) and CJ Anderson($11), for his Ebron, Funchess, and a 4th rounder. That cuts $38 off my cap, bringing me to $305. If I cut Evans($55), I'll be exactly at the $250 cap. Then I just need to clear a few more bucks for the rookie draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

Just finalized the previously discussed deal of my Cooper($31) and CJ Anderson($11), for his Ebron, Funchess, and a 4th rounder. That cuts $38 off my cap, bringing me to $305. If I cut Evans($55), I'll be exactly at the $250 cap. Then I just need to clear a few more bucks for the rookie draft.

Cut him then. You will be able to buy him back cheaper in FA.

Who else are you going to move to cap space now though?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I will definitely cut him if need be. I'm gonna see if I can at least get a decent player on a cheap salary for him first though.

Besides Evans, the next options to try to move are probably Luck($13), Crabtree($17), and D. Thomas($21) depending on who ends up being the QB there.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Anyone able to chime in on Trubisky this year? I watched none of his play. I'm thinking of targeting him in some dynasty 2 QB leagues on the basis that he'll be fairly cheap and still have lots of slack to develop and prove himself given his draft pick, but not sure where to project him in terms of production. Is low QB2/high end QB3 (say, QB20-25ish) too optimistic?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

I will definitely cut him if need be. I'm gonna see if I can at least get a decent player on a cheap salary for him first though.

Besides Evans, the next options to try to move are probably Luck($13), Crabtree($17), and D. Thomas($21) depending on who ends up being the QB there.

D Thomas is cuttable at his salary. I'd still hold on to Luck, because you can always cut him later. But if we actually get proof he can throw, his value could still go up. I know everyone is convinced he is dead, but he's still a hold for me.

I'd trade Crabtree for the right price, but I also like holding him.

RVProfootballer posted:

Anyone able to chime in on Trubisky this year? I watched none of his play. I'm thinking of targeting him in some dynasty 2 QB leagues on the basis that he'll be fairly cheap and still have lots of slack to develop and prove himself given his draft pick, but not sure where to project him in terms of production. Is low QB2/high end QB3 (say, QB20-25ish) too optimistic?

As a Bears homer, he is going to be amazing! :v:

Realistically, I like buying low on him. He looked good, but I still haven't seen enough to feel great about him. What I will say is the Bears have done some really exciting things with their coaching staff, which makes me feel like it could be a high upside play. There's a lot to like about the staff Nagy has assembled.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Bucs fan so I'm obviously biased, but y'all are triggering me with the massive disrespect for Mike Evans. "Disappointing season" still ended with 1K yards, and he had an injured Winston or Fitzpatrick throwing to him for 10 games.

Dude has amazing body control and catch radius, and he's fast for a man his size.

Mike Evans is a top 5 receiver in the NFL and I will hear nothing against him. :colbert:

Now the Bucs as a whole and Winston's consistency is a whole other story...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
My Evans issue is fantasy alone, he seems fantastic. But he always goes for so much in an auction league and I can't justify that for a guy being thrown to by Jameis

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

Bucs fan so I'm obviously biased, but y'all are triggering me with the massive disrespect for Mike Evans. "Disappointing season" still ended with 1K yards, and he had an injured Winston or Fitzpatrick throwing to him for 10 games.

Dude has amazing body control and catch radius, and he's fast for a man his size.

Mike Evans is a top 5 receiver in the NFL and I will hear nothing against him. :colbert:

This is the person in your league you wanna trade Evans to for some good value pieces.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Leperflesh posted:

This is the person in your league you wanna trade Evans to for some good value pieces.

Point to the lie and also I'd tell you to make me an offer in our dynasty league but I already have two of the only receivers I'd keep over Big Mike and no cap space as it is.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My evans is $37 salary, so $41 next season, and that's far more affordable. I may still decide to move him, though, I haven't really started figuring out who I want to cut ties to. I'd certainly entertain offers.

A lot is also gonna depend on whether I decide to target a free agent or rookie WR this year. Haven't put much thought into that yet, either.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Epi Lepi posted:

This is very relevant in Fantasy. When I say I want nothing to do with him, it's taking into account where he's being drafted. If he falls to me well past his ADP, well yes obviously I will draft him. But I'm not drafting him in the second (or maybe even third) round when there are plenty of more consistent/reliable options available to me that are going to get close to his production.

I am also not using over 20% of my cap on him in a dynasty league, period, which is the situation that spawned all of this.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

IcePhoenix posted:

This is very relevant in Fantasy. When I say I want nothing to do with him, it's taking into account where he's being drafted. If he falls to me well past his ADP, well yes obviously I will draft him. But I'm not drafting him in the second (or maybe even third) round when there are plenty of more consistent/reliable options available to me that are going to get close to his production.

I am also not using over 20% of my cap on him in a dynasty league, period, which is the situation that spawned all of this.

Receivers I’d take over Evans: Julio Jones, AB84, Hopkins, maybe AJ Green, Jordy Nelson and OBJ. Who else do you take? There’s probably enough RBs that are worth a first this year that Evans is probably a second round pick but I don’t see him lasting to the third in most leagues. I am probably forgetting some guys since we’re so far out from the season but I don’t know which other receivers are that good and consistent. Keenan Allen when he doesn’t have a freak injury? Were there any oustanding rookies last year that I’m forgetting?

I’m bullish on the Bucs because I have to be or I will cry, but it’s a fact that when he was healthy this year Winston was playing his statistically best football. He just was only healthy for 6 games. Our running game will hopefully improve now that the Doug Martin experiment is over.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

Receivers I’d take over Evans: Julio Jones, AB84, Hopkins, maybe AJ Green, Jordy Nelson and OBJ. Who else do you take? There’s probably enough RBs that are worth a first this year that Evans is probably a second round pick but I don’t see him lasting to the third in most leagues. I am probably forgetting some guys since we’re so far out from the season but I don’t know which other receivers are that good and consistent. Keenan Allen when he doesn’t have a freak injury? Were there any oustanding rookies last year that I’m forgetting?

I’m bullish on the Bucs because I have to be or I will cry, but it’s a fact that when he was healthy this year Winston was playing his statistically best football. He just was only healthy for 6 games. Our running game will hopefully improve now that the Doug Martin experiment is over.

Definitely Keenan before Evans, and also Michael Thomas, maaaybe Davante Adams (but I probably wouldn't), and some people will probably say Tyreek Hill (but I wouldn't), and then yeah I think that's it. Is anyone taking guys like Baldwin, Thielen, Diggs, Hilton, Landry, Gordon, Dez, etc, ahead of him?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Epi Lepi posted:

Depends a bit on whether we're talking dynasty or redraft.

In redraft, I'd take:
Hopkins, AB, AJG, KA, MT, OBJ, and maybe Fitz before Evans.

In dynasty, I'd probably take:
Hopkins, KA, MT, OBJ... over Evans.

Obviously if I'm in more of a win now mode, I'd also take AB.

I'm generally down on Julio, he's too much of a boom/bust WR for my top WR personally. I also would consider Landry, depending on landing location. I'd think about Adams, but even though he's the top RZ target for GBP (2nd most passing offense in the RZ), I would probably steer clear.

To me, the biggest determiner of WR consistency year/year is going to be volume. In 2016, Evans had the most targets in the league. In 2017, he was 11th. Either way, he's in a good place. His YAC is weak -- largely because of how many contested balls he's catching, but he's winning those battles, and I don't really think he's at risk of losing that volume

Evans is an obvious 1st/2nd round value. Maaaaaybe 3rd round in a superflex league.

Obviously depends a bit on PPR settings.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 4, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
From 2014 to 2016 Julio Jones was #2 in targets. In 2017 he was #7.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

From 2014 to 2016 Julio Jones was #2 in targets. In 2017 he was #7.

I recognize that. But his ff scoring is highly variable. In a 1/2 round pick I prefer someone with consistent production.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zauper posted:

I recognize that. But his ff scoring is highly variable. In a 1/2 round pick I prefer someone with consistent production.

Zauper posted:

Evans is an obvious 1st/2nd round value. Maaaaaybe 3rd round in a superflex league.
:thunk:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

Receivers I’d take over Evans: Jordy Nelson

DaFuq?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I'll accept some bias, but at the end of the day I'd prefer the player that was a WR1 5x and a WR2 1x last season over the guy that was a WR1 3x and a WR2 3x for consistency. And it's not like Julio dunked on Evans in the weeks they weren't wr1/2. My recollection is Evans was a wr3 more often, in spite of missing a game.

And if you were asking me for next season, I'd pick the guy that averaged 1.5 PPG less playing with backup or injured QBs over the guy who doesn't get RZ targets for whatever reason.

Convienently, same guy.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

I flat out think Evans is the better receiver but Rodgers to Jordy can be pretty sweet. Hence the maybe. If both are on the board I’m taking Evans but I can see people taking Jordy. Personally I think this is an argument to why Evans is good as he still put up numbers in his rookie year when Mike Glennon and Josh McCown were throwing to him. Rodgers gets hurt and Jordy turns to poo poo.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

I flat out think Evans is the better receiver but Rodgers to Jordy can be pretty sweet. Hence the maybe. If both are on the board I’m taking Evans but I can see people taking Jordy. Personally I think this is an argument to why Evans is good as he still put up numbers in his rookie year when Mike Glennon and Josh McCown were throwing to him. Rodgers gets hurt and Jordy turns to poo poo.

Jordy isn’t even the WR1 on his own team Rodgers or no Rodgers.

A 32 year old wide receiver who could barely run isn’t anyone id take in dynasty or redraft league.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

Jordy isn’t even the WR1 on his own team Rodgers or no Rodgers.

A 32 year old wide receiver who could barely run isn’t anyone id take in dynasty or redraft league.

Dynasty, I agree, but redraft I'm still happy to take Jordy pretty early. I'm not convinced Adams stays top of the depth chart, Rodgers will be back, and Jordy is one year removed from a 100-1250-14 season immediately following an ACL tear.

Edit: Though I don't remember any impressions from actually watching Jordy last year, so maybe I'm missing an obvious on field decline?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Welp, I'm picking 9th. .5 PPR, would this be a realistic top 10 draft for the upcoming year?

1- Gurley
2- Bell
3- Johnson
4- Zeke
5- AB
6- Hopkins
7- Hunt
8- OBJ
9- Kamara
10- Fournette

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Welp, I'm picking 9th. .5 PPR, would this be a realistic top 10 draft for the upcoming year?

1- Gurley
2- Bell
3- Johnson
4- Zeke
5- AB
6- Hopkins
7- Hunt
8- OBJ
9- Kamara
10- Fournette

I could see it more like:

1-Gurley
2-Bell
3-Zeke
4-DJ
5-Hunt
6-Barkley (if he goes anywhere but the Browns)
7-Fournette
8-AB
9-OBJ
10-Kamara

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Nuk should be he first WR off the board in any kind of PPR.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Is OBJ still a top 10 pick coming off injury and paired with a rapidly declining QB?

Where does Derrick Henry fit in the top 12 now that Murray is gone?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

Is OBJ still a top 10 pick coming off injury and paired with a rapidly declining QB?

Outside of it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

Nuk should be he first WR off the board in any kind of PPR.

I don't think I can put any receiver above Brown in redraft still.

coronaball posted:

Beckham still definitely top 10, for those reasons I think he's definitely behind Brown, Hopkins, and...that's it? Pretty sure that's it for me, anyway.

I'm happy with Henry as a fringe RB1. I'd be really uncomfortable with him as my top RB, but really happy with him as my RB2.

Edit: Just realized you meant top 10 picks and top 12 picks, right? I initially read that as top 10 WR for Beckham and top 12 RB for Henry. Beckham should sneak into the top 10 overall in many drafts I think, but seeing 7+ RBs, Brown, Hopkins, and a mystery guy ahead of him I'm sure will also happen fairly often. Henry is definitely not top 12 pick, but late 2nd or early 3rd round seems ok for a risky but high upside RB like him, no?

Actually, though, looking at RBs, maybe fringe RB1 is too optimistic. Gurley, Zeke, Bell, DJ, Kamara, Fournette, Hunt, Cook, Gordon, Freeman, Howard, McCoy probably, Barkley almost certainly, Hyde and Ingram and Ajayi arguably, pending off season moves/lack of moves, McCaffrey in PPR. I guess RB12-16ish is probably about right.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 9, 2018

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

sourdough posted:

I don't think I can put any receiver above Brown in redraft still.

Beckham still definitely top 10, for those reasons I think he's definitely behind Brown, Hopkins, and...that's it? Pretty sure that's it for me, anyway.

I'm happy with Henry as a fringe RB1. I'd be really uncomfortable with him as my top RB, but really happy with him as my RB2.

Brown is definitely still WR1 in redraft.

Henry is a 2nd round pick at best IMO.

Many of the lists above overvalue Kamara and Hunt to my eyes.

I think pick 9 is probably someone like MT or maybe one of like freeman/Gordon/etc.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Alfalfa posted:

I could see it more like:

1-Gurley
2-Bell
3-Zeke
4-DJ
5-Hunt
6-Barkley (if he goes anywhere but the Browns)
7-Fournette
8-AB
9-OBJ
10-Kamara

I'm hoping our group forgets about Barkley and he slides to #20. Probably wishful thinking.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Where do we put Julio Jones now

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

Where do we put Julio Jones now

I'm not grabbing him at all, but probably in the 10-13 range?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
So, Jarvis Landry to the Browns happened.

Also, Mike Evans got a big extension, should put to rest any long term dynasty-ish worries about him falling out of favor with the team or whatever.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Tyrod Taylor is now a Brown.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Tyrod Taylor is now a Brown.

Browns bitch

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Will Odell Beckham be suspended for this video fiasco?

I'm starting to regret trading for him in our keeper league :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RCarr posted:

Will Odell Beckham be suspended for this video fiasco?

I'm starting to regret trading for him in our keeper league :(

Wait what did he do now?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Inspector_666 posted:

Wait what did he do now?

he was on a 3 second video with a woman cutting lines and he had a jazz cigarette in his hand

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Cousins is now a Viking. Diggs is gonna be an auto-draft for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Cousins is now a Viking. Diggs is gonna be an auto-draft for me.

Don't forget Thielen

• Locked thread