Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

IcePhoenix posted:

Don't forget Thielen

I'm hoping people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Cousins made Reed good in the limited time he was able to play. Davis was relevant too.

I think this'll be Kyle Rudolph's year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Who was the guy who burned a dynasty first round pick on Jordy at the beginning of last season for a starter league? This is why you don't spend first round picks on dynasty players over 30 years old. :D

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sataere posted:

Who was the guy who burned a dynasty first round pick on Jordy at the beginning of last season for a starter league? This is why you don't spend first round picks on dynasty players over 30 years old. :D

Jordy went #1 overall in my main redraft league last season.

Yuge lol at him going first round in a dynasty league.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In my keeper league (Each team gets 2 keepers for a max of 2 years each), last year I traded Jordy and a 7th round pick for David Johnson :getin:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

IcePhoenix posted:

Don't forget Thielen

Good catch. I think Diggs will benefit more though; Cousins has a great deep ball.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good catch. I think Diggs will benefit more though; Cousins has a great deep ball.

Cook is going to benefit the most. I don't see Diggs or Thielen producing any more than they did this year. Diggs might have an additional 1-2 TD's but that's it.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Jerick McKinnon to San Francisco is such a perfect landing spot I did not see coming. I'm already feeling ashamed at how many shares of him I'm going to have next season.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Tiptoes posted:

Jerick McKinnon to San Francisco is such a perfect landing spot I did not see coming. I'm already feeling ashamed at how many shares of him I'm going to have next season.

He's getting paid, so he'll get volume. He's a great third down back, I just worry about his rushing efficiency.

I'm shocked they paid him more than Hyde, honestly.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I'm guessing Shanahan views his receiving back profile as a better fit for the offense he wants to run with Jimmy G. And that does make sense to me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Chris Harris talked with authority about the inevitable Kirk Cousins 3INT game.

He literally has one since becoming the starter in 2015, but it was his most recent game so that's all Harris remembers lmao.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

my dynasty team is in tatters

OK not really but I've seen a few players drop in value in the last three days and I'm not liking it

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

my dynasty team is in tatters

OK not really but I've seen a few players drop in value in the last three days and I'm not liking it

Who you got?

I think there's been a few unambiguously bad value moves, mostly Browns related (Tyrod is lateral or even slight improvement, but Hyde, Landry, Coleman, and Gordon all get downgraded), Moncrief, Jordy, maybe Crabtree, probably Dion Lewis and Derrick Henry hurting each other's stocks.

Most other moves seem at worst lateral on value (Watkins, Allen Robinson), or decent to great ones (McKinnon, Bears offense, Vikings offense, Graham, Brate, Keenum and Bradford for their respective offenses as starters or vets behind early rookie QBs >>> Siemian and Stanton or whoever).

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Powell, Crabtree, ebron, maclin, Olsen if he goes into broadcasting.

I’m not sure Gordon’s value really went down. He got a better qb. He isn’t really the slot guy so I don’t think Landry hurts him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zauper posted:

Powell, Crabtree, ebron, maclin, Olsen if he goes into broadcasting.

I’m not sure Gordon’s value really went down. He got a better qb. He isn’t really the slot guy so I don’t think Landry hurts him.

Powell is fair, though he's firmly in the "meh" tier of mediocre/old RBs whose value couldn't move either way too much (JStew, Crowell, Martin).

Ebron wasn't getting it done in Detroit, but seems likely to get another chance, so I'm fine with him. I basically see it as this means his range of possible upsides is now above the 50-600-4 he had in Detroit, and if he doesn't achieve that, it isn't a big loss since it isn't like he was a stud before.

Maclin is an FA, was always getting cut, and like Ebron, it's not much of a loss that he isn't on the Ravens any more, even if he doesn't bounce back.

Olsen for sure if he retires, but I thought I read it wasn't expected he'd retire now, just go into broadcasting sometime down the road?

For Gordon, it isn't that he directly loses slot targets to Landry, it's that Landry should command a bigger share of targets than their putrid receiving corps did last year. Though looking again at who the Browns actually had last year, I think you're right that there's plenty of targets to go around between Gordon, Landry, Duke, and TEs.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
So, I'm just guessing here but the Jets moving to #3 means Barkley will be in blue.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

powell deserved a chance to be a bellcow and he never got it
olsen I think is gonna be a big downgrade even if he plays, because everyone knows now that he's not gonna take big risks in his final year and his team will have to start working in some kind of replacement TE1, so I think he becomes a JAG level TE regardless now.
ebron is my other TE,just a backup while olsen was (too often) hurt. I usually dont want to carry three TEs, so if neither guy retires I probably have to dump one or the other regardless.
I had crabtree for $3 this year which was a huge value for derek carr's favorite red zone target. Now, I just don't know.
maclin I dont really care, he's just a fill in bench guy to me
I also have jalen richard, who i hoped could step up if beast mode isnt the guy any more, but now they have hamster so who knows what is gonna happen with that poo poo, I have zero confidence in john gruden.

all that said, deshaun watson is coming back, so I'm still gonna win the championship this year

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

So, I'm just guessing here but the Jets moving to #3 means Barkley will be in blue.

I don’t see Barkley coming off the board until pick 7+. Maybe the colts at 6

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

I don’t see Barkley coming off the board until pick 7+. Maybe the colts at 6

I thought the general assumption was Barkley at 1 or 4 to Cleveland? I guess the Hyde signing may change that?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Zauper posted:

I thought the general assumption was Barkley at 1 or 4 to Cleveland? I guess the Hyde signing may change that?

It does. No reason to sign Hyde if you were planning on drafting a 3 down back like Barkley.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

pubic works project posted:

It does. No reason to sign Hyde if you were planning on drafting a 3 down back like Barkley.

Consensus seems to say that it's not off the table because hue likes multiple RBs. May be slightly less likely, but still an option. I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/16/browns-g-m-saquon-barkley-not-necessarily-off-radar-with-hyde-signing/

Duke / Hyde feels like a great combo, hard to see how they effectively add Barkley to that, but you never know.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Also Dorsey never takes RBs in the 1st

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Also Dorsey never takes RBs in the 1st

This. Most are predicting something along the lines of:

1 - QB - Browns
2 - QB (after signing Solder) - Giants
3 - QB - Jets
4 - DE/Chubb - Browns
5 - QB (if Keenum competition) or OL - Broncos
6 - ILB/DE - Colts
7 - Barkley - Bucs

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I figured there’s no way the Giants pass on Barkley.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 19, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RCarr posted:

I figured there’s no way the Giants pass ok Barkley.

If they like 2 QBs I could see them passing. If they only like one of them and Cleveland takes him they'd better fuckin' take Barkley.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
#JusticeForEric

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/975610697521364992

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

It's true that they have similar targets and receiving stats, but very different teams and QBs.

There's a general sense that Lee is a solid wr2 and ebron isn't a good te1 as a result. Stafford is a good enough QB to use ebron, so I doubt he's the problem.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I'm looking for someone who would be interested in being co-owner with me in a contract dynasty league.

QB, WR, RB, TE, 3 Flex spots

96 Teams (6 Copies of each player) no divisions which gives you 95 different trade partners.

Here is the link to the league - http://www62.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/68479

League uses GroupMe for the most part and I can get us set up together on it.

My current roster is: http://www62.myfantasyleague.com/2018/options?L=68479&F=0028&O=07

Shoot me a PM or let me know on here how to contact you if interested.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Haha a manager in my dynasty league sent an offer this offer to an owner and it was accepted.

He gives up Jay ajayi, Kyle Rudolph, and pick 2.07

He gets from the other manager, Stephen gostkowski.

The other manager accepted it and now the first manager is saying he meant to send it for gronkowski not gostkowski lol.

E: I processed it anyway.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 19, 2018

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

MacheteZombie posted:

Haha a manager in my dynasty league sent an offer this offer to an owner and it was accepted.

He gives up Jay ajayi, Kyle Rudolph, and pick 2.07

He gets from the other manager, Stephen gostkowski.

The other manager accepted it and now the first manager is saying he meant to send it for gronkowski not gostkowski lol.

E: I processed it anyway.

I would insta-quit if that wasnt reversed.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

coronaball posted:

I would insta-quit if that wasnt reversed.

Yeah, that's an easy and good one to reverse, guy has legit explanation of a mistake. If he's fine owning his mistake, though, I'd be fine with that too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He's the reigning champ, he doesn't get to mistakes.

(I'll probably reverse it when he realizes I processed it)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

He's the reigning champ, he doesn't get to mistakes.

(I'll probably reverse it when he realizes I processed it)

Lol, this I approve of. Just make sure the other guy understands ahead of time that it's going to be reversed, so he doesn't get pissy. But also that you are going to drag it out to gently caress with the champ.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

Lol, this I approve of. Just make sure the other guy understands ahead of time that it's going to be reversed, so he doesn't get pissy. But also that you are going to drag it out to gently caress with the champ.

Yeah that was definitely the first thing I did before processing it.

Interestingly, the champ hasn't made a comment about it since I processed the trade so maybe he doesn't care. :shrug: He still has the best roster in the league imo even after that dumb trade.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Time to go buy Zay Jones on the cheap (if you are desperate and in a dynasty league)

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/976249425336004614

:goatdrugs:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'll be releasing him, because I am sure I can now get him cheaper.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

*kicks down door to thread*

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/976585059393265664

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh hey THIS time it will work, right?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

You fool! That was Charles Sims' door!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh hey THIS time it will work, right?

15th Time's the Charm - The C-Mike Story

• Locked thread