Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Ultimate Josh Gordon buy low today imo

dont do this

Josh Gordon, CMike, ASJ. The late rounds are absolutely loaded this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Ultimate Josh Gordon buy low today imo

dont do this

My crafty dynasty addition is falling apart on me!

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Are there any alternatives to Fantasypros for connecting to MFL and tracking what players are still available against a set of rankings?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
free josh gordon

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Teemu Pokemon posted:

free josh gordon

Still too expensive

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/846389999293599744

He's not coming back because we don't deserve him. :cry:

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Perhaps a dumb question: is there a beer sheets-equivalent for IDP? My dynasty league is introducing defensive players and the draft is this weekend. I am woefully unprepared. Anyone have some recommended resources?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Butter Hole posted:

Perhaps a dumb question: is there a beer sheets-equivalent for IDP? My dynasty league is introducing defensive players and the draft is this weekend. I am woefully unprepared. Anyone have some recommended resources?

Depends on scoring, but in the most common settings, you really want to draft for tackles. These often aren't the flashiest names. Look for MLBs who wracked up tons (100+) last year and are still on the same team. If there's a slot for DB, a strong safety is your best bet there. On the line, it's trickier since DE sack numbers can often make up for lower tackle production, but that tends to be swingier.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Butter Hole posted:

Yeah, due to scoring differences between leagues, there's really no good rankings that are accurate across positions. I'd recommend going to fftoday.com, plugging in your league's scoring, and then seeing how both each position compares to others, as well as how the scoring gradient changes as you go down the rankings (DL#1 to #12 to #24 etc).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What are the IDP positions and how many? This is key in devising draft strategy, too. Not just scoring.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Go to football outsiders, find defensive snap count, draft every 3 down LB, profit

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Go to football outsiders, find defensive snap count, draft every 3 down LB, profit

Unless it's 6 point per sack, 1 per tackle, and you have to start 3 DL and 1 LB

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Butter Hole posted:

It's very hard to make a draft sheet for IDP because there are very few projections.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Redskins beat writers won't shut up about Perine winning out the starting tailback job. At least wait until my rookie draft starts assholes

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

drizzle posted:

Redskins beat writers won't shut up about Perine winning out the starting tailback job. At least wait until my rookie draft starts assholes

He's a shiny new toy in a field that doesn't have any competition. In other words typical Redskins.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I wouldn't sell Fat Rob short. He seems like a steady, reliable plodder that teams could love.

Frankly, I want no parts if the Washington dysfunction.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Fat Rob is so boring and plain and low-ceiling... he's like the RB you end up with in Madden if you sim your draft and FA for a decade

Imma roll them dice on Samaje because his names is eJames backwards

fake edit

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Fat Rob had a great Weeks 8-11 but was really pedestrian outside of that. He's also a former UDFA who earned his "Fat Rob" nickname in college. Washington spent a 4th round pick on Perine so that alone ought to give him the leg up on Kelley. Seems pretty clear to me the organization has a higher evaluation of Perine.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Is drafting Joe Williams with 2.1 insane? He's crawling up mock drafts and seems to be going in the mid-2nd now in a lot of places. I've got 2.1 and 3.8.

He's still a solid step behind Perine, Hunt and Kamara in my estimation but if the TEs stay on the board those guys could all be gone by 2.1. At that point the board will have some mixture of Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Chris Godwin, Foreman, Mack and Gallman. I don't really like any of those RBs (the position I'll need if I get to draft Davis in the first like it's looking) that much and I do like Williams. Do I just say gently caress it to draft position and take him?

The ideal situation would be a trade back and then still getting him, but mocks are all over the place and I don't know what the "safe" level to trade back to is. I don't even know if there is one. Somebody else might have Joe fever like me.

edit: I've got Hyde also if that changes anything. A week ago I was planning on trading up to 3.1 and (over)drafting him there but now everybody is onto it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Joe Williams is interesting. My thoughts on drafting is just get the guy you think is going to be the best. Almost everyone in your rookie draft will end up bad. At least pick the bad guy you like the most.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Joe Williams is going to be a low rent Tevin Coleman if he ever learns how to catch (he loving hates contact and dies between the tackles) so 2.1 might be a bit high but gently caress it who knows anything about anything in a dynasty draft.

He's also going to be borderline useless this year

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 16, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Sataere posted:

Joe Williams is interesting. My thoughts on drafting is just get the guy you think is going to be the best. Almost everyone in your rookie draft will end up bad. At least pick the bad guy you like the most.
I'll second this. No need to hold to rookie draft ranks if you like a dude more than others. Re-ranking the same players a year or two from now will look a LOT different.

I'm definitely interested in Joe Williams too. Shanahan is one of those coaches where if he's handpicking a mid-round RB, I'm not forgetting that name.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Is drafting Joe Williams with 2.1 insane? He's crawling up mock drafts and seems to be going in the mid-2nd now in a lot of places. I've got 2.1 and 3.8.

He's still a solid step behind Perine, Hunt and Kamara in my estimation but if the TEs stay on the board those guys could all be gone by 2.1. At that point the board will have some mixture of Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Chris Godwin, Foreman, Mack and Gallman. I don't really like any of those RBs (the position I'll need if I get to draft Davis in the first like it's looking) that much and I do like Williams. Do I just say gently caress it to draft position and take him?

The ideal situation would be a trade back and then still getting him, but mocks are all over the place and I don't know what the "safe" level to trade back to is. I don't even know if there is one. Somebody else might have Joe fever like me.

edit: I've got Hyde also if that changes anything. A week ago I was planning on trading up to 3.1 and (over)drafting him there but now everybody is onto it.

I think one of Perrine, Hunt, or Kamara should be there. If not, I'd take Zay Jones, Godwin, and Foreman ahead of Joe Williams. I mean, totally sincerely, you should do what you want, but Hyde can catch a football and is good. If you pass on Joe Williams there, some garbage handcuff almost exactly like him should be available at your 3rd :) Or forget about trying to trade back and just send a player straight up for a late 2nd. Then even if you miss on Joe, there really will be someone like Mack or Gallman there for sure.

Edit: Every league is different, but Joe William has gone at like 25-35 in my 1 QB leagues with IDP and veterans available, so something like 20-30 maybe in an offense and rookie only. I think you're right to expect him to be gone at your 3rd, so if you really want him, get back into the mid to late 2nd. Then even if someone snipes you on him, Jamaal Williams or Mack or one of the top 2nd tier receivers will be there for sure.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 11:38 on May 16, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Also, drat I love 2 QB leagues. Trubisky at pick 5, Watson at 7, Mahomes and Kizer to the same QB-needy team at 10 and 11. In a TE premium league, I scooped up Mike Williams, OJ Howard, and Njoku at 8, 9, and 12. Watson has gone pick 1 in two others. I think late 1st and early 2nd is the sweet spot for value this year; either good skill guys drop when QBs go ahead of you, or you can extort some team desperate for a QB if they're still on the board.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
He went 2.11 in our rookie draft which seems about right to me.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Joe Williams is shooting up boards because of the Shanahan hype narrative. I'm personally staying away at an early second round cost. Hyde is still pretty good, and a nice dynasty buy right now IMO.

I would take Kamara, Perine, Hunt, Foreman and probably Jamaal Williams over him, personally.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Seconding love for superflex/2 qb rookie drafts.

I got Kizer at 2.09 (traded Perriman plus 3.08 for Sanders plus 2.09, which I felt great about), and Chris Godwin at 3.03 in my first rookie draft of the year.

I am going to end up with a lot of Christian McCaffrey at 1.03 this year. Here's hoping Carolina can make best use of his considerable talents and versatility, and that Curtis Samuel is used more as a field stretcher/injury hedge on CMC.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I blew up my dynasty team this year, so I have 1.01, 2.01, 2.04 and 2.06. Looking at this draft, I am super stoked at my second rounders.

I'm hoping that I can trade down from 1 to acquire some more picks, but I will be happy if I don't.

I find it interesting that Joe Williams is getting hyped up, but Kamara isn't, despite Sean Payton trading up for him. He's the sneaky dynasty value, imo.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
I currently have 1.03 and 1.09 in a 12 team league. I am in talks to trade down as there is one team with 1.07, 1.08, 1.11, 1.12. The guy at 1.01 is currently going to take Corey Davis.

Think a 1.03 for 1.07 and 1.11 would work to make it happen? Leaves me with 1.07, 1.09 and 1.11

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Sataere posted:

I blew up my dynasty team this year, so I have 1.01, 2.01, 2.04 and 2.06. Looking at this draft, I am super stoked at my second rounders.

I'm hoping that I can trade down from 1 to acquire some more picks, but I will be happy if I don't.

I find it interesting that Joe Williams is getting hyped up, but Kamara isn't, despite Sean Payton trading up for him. He's the sneaky dynasty value, imo.

Naw man don't trade down with the 1.01. Take Davis - everybody else in the top 6 is a crapshoot. (Or trade directly for a stud).

The 2s look great this year though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

Kamara isn't sneaky value is the problem, pretty much consensus late 1st from what I've seen. He, Hunt, and Perine are fairly solidified as a tier, I think, as the best RBs after the big four.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Yeah Kamara is on everyone's radar. If Ingram gets traded he'll shoot up a little bit but he's late 1st early 2nd already. Williams was a guy people were getting in the mid to late 3rd a couple weeks ago which was very good value but now that's getting corrected and he's going about where he should (mid 2nd, after Hunt/Kamara/Perine, around the same as Foreman.)

If you don't want to take Davis with the 1.1 then you can pretty safely trade back as far as 1.4 and get a top tier guy. Any further and there's a drop off though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

If you don't want to take Davis with the 1.1 then you can pretty safely trade back as far as 1.4 and get a top tier guy. Any further and there's a drop off though.

Totally agree. Hell, if you aren't scared off by his combine numbers and Latavius Murray, go back to 5 and take Cook worst case.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

See, I don't like Davis that much more than Fournette, Mccaffery or Cook. I think they are all interchangeable. Hence my willingness to trade back.

Is Davis now the consensus number one over Fournette/Mccaffery? I didn't think that was the case a week ago.

To be clear, when I was talking about Kamara, I think he is still undervalued for the bottom of the first. I think he'll likely end up being one of the top three players in this draft down the road.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

See, I don't like Davis that much more than Fournette, Mccaffery or Cook. I think they are all interchangeable. Hence my willingness to trade back.

Is Davis now the consensus number one over Fournette/Mccaffery? I didn't think that was the case a week ago.

I'm seeing Davis as the #1 everywhere. The logic seems to be more along the lines of "I'll take Davis #1 and have a great player for 6 years or more. If I took one of the RB's they'd likely be hurt and out of the league in 3 years."

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spermy Smurf posted:

I'm seeing Davis as the #1 everywhere. The logic seems to be more along the lines of "I'll take Davis #1 and have a great player for 6 years or more. If I took one of the RB's they'd likely be hurt and out of the league in 3 years."

Yeah, it makes sense. I was already leaning that way. The problem is, receiver is my strongest position (barely)

Oh well, I will have my rankings set up soon. I think this weekend, I am going to nerd out

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
That's my same problem. I'm really deep at WR and the only thing keeping me from the championship is a 2nd RB that puts up consistent points.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

To think I could've had Jordan Howard, instead of a second this year. :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tight end chat. I just made this chart for the slow draft, because I was curious, so you guys might as well see it too.

The question was: how often do rookie tight ends contribute? With regards to when to draft a guy like Njoku. So, I put together the stats, with notes, on every first and second round TE drafted 2006-2016:
pre:
year	round	name			team		school		games 	catches/yards/TDs	Notes
2016	2	Hunter Henry		Chargers	Arkansas	15	36/478/8		TE1 Antonio Gates was injured part of 2016
2015	2	Maxx Williams		Ravens		Minnesota	14	32/268/1		Injured, IR oct 2016
2014	1	Eric Ebron		Lions		North Carolina	13	25/248/1
2014	2	Austin Seferian-Jenkins	Buccaneers	Washington	9	21/221/2		injured, IR dec 2014
2014	2	Jace Amaro		Jets		Texas Tech	14	38/345/2		
2014	2	Troy Niklas		Cardinals	Notre Dame	7	3/38/0			blocking TE
2013	1	Tyler Eifert		Bengals		Notre Dame	15	39/445/2
2013	2	Zach Ertz		Eagles		Stanford	16	36/469/4
2013	2	Gavin Escobar		Cowboys		San Diego State	16	9/134/2			was supposed to be a catching TE
2013	2	Vance McDonald		49ers		Rice		15	8/119/0			TE2 behind Vernon Davis
2012	2	Coby Fleener		Colts		Stanford	12	26/281/2		
2011	2	Kyle Rudolph		Vikings		Notre Dame	15	26/249/3		recovering from hammy, thrown to by Christian Ponder
2011	2	Lance Kendricks		Rams		Wisconsin	15	28/352/0		rams
2010	1	Jermaine Gresham	Bengals		Oklahoma	15	52/471/4		franchise record catches by rookie TE
2010	2	Rob Gronkowski		Patriots	Arizona		16	42/546/10		lol
2009	1	Brandon Pettigrew	Lions		Oklahoma State	11	31/352/2		Injured, IR Dec 1st 2009
2009	2	Richard Quinn		Broncos		North Carolina	15	0/0/0			never actually played any of these games
2008	1	Dustin Keller		Jets		Purdue		16	48/535/3		Brett Favre
2008	2	John Carlson		Seahawks	Notre Dame	16	55/627/5		Seahawks had many WR injuries this year
2008	2	Fred Davis		Redskins	USC		11	3/27/0			Barely played, was a fuckup
2008	2	Martellus Bennett	Cowboys		Texas A&M	16	20/283/4		Played behind Jason Witten
2007	1	Greg Olsen		Bears		Miami (FL)	14	39/391/2		injured knee, missed first two games
2007	2	Zach Miller		Raiders		Arizona State	16	44/444/3		No, the other Zach Miller, not the one still playing
2006	1	Vernon Davis		49ers		Maryland	10	20/265/3		Injured Sept 06, fractured fibula, returned Nov 19
2006	1	Marcedes Lewis		Jaguars		UCLA		15	13/126/1		Blocked more than catches, but was drafted to catch. Lol jags
2006	2	Joe Klopfenstein	Rams		Colorado	16	20/226/1		lol rams
2006	2	Anthony Fasano		Cowboys		Notre Dame	16	14/126/0		Primarily blocked, behind TE Jason Witten
My conclusion is yes, they often do, although there are probably a similar number of busts as for any other position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Henry Hunter gonna be the next Gronk.

• Locked thread