Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Without comment:

https://twitter.com/NeumannNFL/status/866743649379471363

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/TheRealTesch/status/866880225564540928

STUD👏FELD👏

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/pff_jeff/status/804009964796682240

e. that was before the end of the season. He finished the season at 4 drops on 45 targets for an 8.9% rating, but also that is low enough volume that the percentage number isn't very significant. He caught 53.3% of his targets, but we also have to take that number with a big spoonfull of salt because of who was throwing to him and those dude's terrible accuracy.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

Brandon Bolden's drop rate was 50%

e.2 Demetrius Harris, TE KC caught 17 passes on 31 targets, and dropped six, for a drop rate of 19.4%.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 23, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

https://twitter.com/pff_jeff/status/804009964796682240

e. that was before the end of the season. He finished the season at 4 drops on 45 targets for an 8.9% rating, but also that is low enough volume that the percentage number isn't very significant. He caught 53.3% of his targets, but we also have to take that number with a big spoonfull of salt because of who was throwing to him and those dude's terrible accuracy.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

Brandon Bolden's drop rate was 50%

https://twitter.com/NeumannNFL/status/866752808946728961

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also I just noticed #2 on that list

god bless

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I was going to say something about Larry Donnell having a 100% drop rate but then I saw the 75 minimum and also lol if you ever rostered him in fantasy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Vance McDonald can block too though. I know the rumor was that the niners were shopping him during the draft, but now I'm not sure what Shanahan is gonna do with him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Vance McDonald can block too though. I know the rumor was that the niners were shopping him during the draft, but now I'm not sure what Shanahan is gonna do with him.

Hes bad at catching footballs.

Really bad.

Really, really bad.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm pretty sure you said something nice about him in last year's thread

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I'm pretty sure you said something nice about him in last year's thread

I said if he's fixed his drop issues (which he seemed to be doing last preseason) I'm was on board.

He hasn't.

He's bad.

I also did a whole effort post about how he can only catch a ball when he sits in a zone and then he falls over. In man he constantly braces for impact which is why he has trouble with drops.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Rotopass doesn't have a discount code this year, right?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

on topic:

Footballguys posted:

SF - TE Vance McDonald could be cut

Source: San Francisco Chronicle - Eric Branch

San Francisco 49ers TE Vance McDonald is a candidate to be cut, according to Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. He said it 'wouldn't be a surprise' if McDonald didn't make the 53-man roster.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Keep this in mind if you have dynasty stock in Blake Bell or if you selected George Kittle in your 2017 rookie drafts. The former regime signed McDonald to a five-year, $35-million extension last December. There is a potential out on his contract, but not until after the 2017 season. McDonald still has $7.7 million remaining in dead money on his contract.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Rotopass doesn't have a discount code this year, right?

Was wondering the same thing. Worried i might have to listen to a Bachelorette podcast to find out.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
In what circumstances would you consider Mitch Trubisky to be draftable?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
In a 32 man dynasty league. Or deep 16 man dynasty league.

Or 1.01 of a 10 man league because technically he is draftable anytime.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

In what circumstances would you consider Mitch Trubisky to be draftable?

Somewhere in the late 2nd to late 3rd in a typical offense-only 12 team dynasty with like 20-30 roster spots is reasonable. In 2 QB or superflex, late 1st is reasonable, though he's gone as high as 5 in some of mine. In redraft, not.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

Somewhere in the late 2nd to late 3rd in a typical offense-only 12 team dynasty with like 20-30 roster spots is reasonable. In 2 QB or superflex, late 1st is reasonable, though he's gone as high as 5 in some of mine. In redraft, not.

I think a case could be made for early second in 12 man dynasty. That he's gone fifth in some drafts already is crazy.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

I think a case could be made for early second in 12 man dynasty. That he's gone fifth in some drafts already is crazy.

Superflex draft, to be fair. Watson has gone pick 1 in like 2/6 of those drafts that I've been in, fwiw. QB desperate teams are going to be desperate. Usually all three of Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes have been gone by like pick 12 or 13 at the latest, it's just more often Watson is like pick 5-7, then Trub and Mahomes like 10-12.

Edit: It wouldn't take much for them to return value at those ADPs, I don't think. Wentz seems to be fetching an early/mid 1st after his mediocre year, and Goff has crept back up into late 1st territory after his awful year, on account of the change in staff for the Rams and slight positive buzz about him improving. Garoppolo can probably fetch a 2nd right now, Osweiler was worth at least a 1st after Houston paid him, etc. I can't fault people drafting QBs so early too much, because there's just always a market for them in 12 team 2 QB. Half the league is not totally content with their QB situation.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 26, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Do you guys set rookie salaries by draft position in your dynasty leagues?

In my league I'm sure there's some teams desperate for QBs, but I suspect nobody wants to be paying Trubisky like 20$ in cap space in year 1, either.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

Do you guys set rookie salaries by draft position in your dynasty leagues?

In my league I'm sure there's some teams desperate for QBs, but I suspect nobody wants to be paying Trubisky like 20$ in cap space in year 1, either.

If you have salaries, isn't it an auction?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sataere posted:

If you have salaries, isn't it an auction?

We do FAAB all year, and held an auction for the initial startup draft. But our rookie/free agent draft isn't: we award good draft position for the first couple rounds according to placement in the previous year:

The first, second, third, and fourth-place teams, and the consolation bracket winner, are seeded into the last five slots of the draft, in reverse order of standings.
From the remaining teams, the four teams that scored the lowest amount of points through the regular season are randomly seeded into the first four draft picks.
The remaining three teams are randomly seeded into the three remaining slots.

We run non-snake for the first two rounds in that order, and then switch to snake. We set rookie salaries as so:
The first four picks in the first round are paid $20
The fifth through eighth picks are paid $18
The ninth through twelfth picks are paid $16
All players drafted in the second round are paid $8
All players drafted in the third round are paid $4
All players drafted in the fourth round are paid $2
All remaining drafted players (fifth and later rounds) are paid $1

And each team has 100 FAAB dollars for the year, and a salary cap of $250.

e. startup draft, everyone had $200 for bidding with, and all owned players' salaries go up by the greater of 10% or $1 each summer, so most teams are near their cap.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 26, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So if you bid $25 FAAB on a player, do they cost $25(+10%) to keep next year?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mitchell Trubisky is going to be trash

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Benne posted:

Mitch Trubisky is going to be the greatest quarterback in Bears history.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Benne posted:

Absolutely

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

:agreed: :same: :yeah:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Benne posted:

This seems probable.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Sataere posted:

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Sataere posted:

Yeah that's what benne said

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Yeah that's what benne said

I just wanted to make sure I was being clear.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Sataere posted:

How soon we forget Cade McNown.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

So if you bid $25 FAAB on a player, do they cost $25(+10%) to keep next year?

Yeah, $28 against your cap space the next year. So having a high pick in the rookie draft is a mixed bag; there needs to be a player worth the cap space to draft. But we allow trades of players and picks, so if you have an early pick you don't want, you aren't forced to make cap space for it, someone is gonna want that pick.

So far it seems to be a good system, but we might have to institute a maximum contract length because for example David Johnson was picked up for a dollar and unless the owner is forced to drop him, he'll be an insane bargain for the entirety of his career.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What does Matt Asiata's signing mean for Zach Zenner's dynasty value, my column (warning, LONG):

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

What does Matt Asiata's signing mean for Zach Zenner's dynasty value, my column (warning, LONG):

Let me save you some trouble. Same value as Josh Gordon.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:thejoke:

But people love Zenner more than they should love any 3rd-4th string RB because he ran over a bunch of future used car salesmen two years ago

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

:thejoke:

But people love Zenner more than they should love any 3rd-4th string RB because he ran over a bunch of future used car salesmen two years ago

Yeah, I got the joke. But I also have Zack Zenner and Josh Gordon on my dynasty roster. :v:

Why yes, I was in last place last year. How did you guess?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
If you can't find it in your hearts to love a SPARQ-y white runningback with a double-Z name, then I don't know why you even play this game.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Bonus points for the Lions from going all the way from AA to ZZ.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Bonus points for the Lions from going all the way from AA to ZZ.

Yeah its pretty Riddickulous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I'm joining my first salary cap league and I can find quite a bit of advice on them in general but there's one wrinkle in the (for now proposed) rules that is throwing a wrench in my planning for the start up auction. They're talking about going by total contract value instead of just regular bidding. So for example, if I bid $10 for 2 years on a guy and someone else offered $6 for 4 years they would win.

I don't really like this, but if that's how it goes down are there any articles/podcasts/etc that deal with specifically that set up? I don't know if I'm just googling the wrong thing but I can't find anything. My gut feeling is that to get anybody good you're going to have to throw four year contracts at them, and the idea of throwing a four year contract at a RB (besides one or two top top tier guys) sounds awful. I'll probably have to resign myself to not getting any big names for the first couple years and hopefully being able to trade people who made stupid contracts in the next couple years. A long time to wait though.

• Locked thread