Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

My gut instinct says that you should be calculating the overall value of the contract. Two years at $10 is worth $5 per year. Four years at $6 is $1.50 per year.

We have our dynasty salary cap league arranged as a base value and all contracts are 3 years. FAAB free agency, so you have a value for guys you pick up and that's the three year contract.

After three years, there is an option that increases an additional 10% every year. So in year four, the salary is 110% of the previous year value. Year 5 is 120%. Etc. Etc.

It's a good system that values managing your salary cap.

Although technically, you are allowed to go over if you pay the luxury tax penalty of $50 on top of any additional money paid towards a contract. This league is designed to make people put RL cash into the league throughout. If you are all gamblers. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Spoeank posted:

Yeah its pretty Riddickulous

Nailed it.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Full disclosure: don't have a ton of empirical data to back this one up, but I have a feeling that, outside of Theo, the Detroit Lions backfield will be nothing more than Ameer headache this season.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Full disclosure: don't have a ton of empirical data to back this one up, but I have a feeling that, outside of Theo, the Detroit Lions backfield will be nothing more than Ameer headache this season.

So basically a repeat of last season.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Ameer was a decent RB2 last year until he died.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Sataere posted:

Ameer was a decent RB2 last year until he died.

He played like...a game and a half.

He had 18 carries. His one full game was against a bad Colts D.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Abdullah had a better YPC against Tennessee tho:ssh:

And he had 5 targets in the Indy game. I still believe in AA

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Spoeank posted:

Abdullah had a better YPC against Tennessee tho:ssh:

And he had 5 targets in the Indy game. I still believe in AA

Don't get me wrong, AA has value and think he could be a solid mid-late round pick this year.

Just calling him an RB2 last year based on 6 quarters of play seems a little disingenuous.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Don't get me wrong, AA has value and think he could be a solid mid-late round pick this year.

Just calling him an RB2 last year based on 6 quarters of play seems a little disingenuous.

Agreed, agreed

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Gobias Ind. posted:

I was going off memory. I could swear he played more. That's what I get for not checking before posting.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I like the faith Detroit showed in their RBs in the offseason. Invested in their offensive line in free agency but didn't bring any serious RB competition. Definitely puts me in the mind that Abdullah was ready to make a jump last year and Detroit knew it before his season was derailed by injury. They've left a lot of opportunity there for him.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

I like the faith Detroit showed in their RBs in the offseason. Invested in their offensive line in free agency but didn't bring any serious RB competition. Definitely puts me in the mind that Abdullah was ready to make a jump last year and Detroit knew it before his season was derailed by injury. They've left a lot of opportunity there for him.

I feel the same way, but I clearly remember seeing more than I did. The little I saw of him must have made a strong impression, because I thought he was bad his rookie year.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I can't wait to get burned by Keenan Allen 3 years in a row because I'm a goddamn idiot

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
time for rookie draft results and mockery right?

I'm CCCP

10 team dynasty with 1 pt ppr for TE's, .75 for RBs, and .5 for WRs.

note, the final pick of the draft hasn't been made yet.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I can't wait to get burned by Keenan Allen 3 years in a row because I'm a goddamn idiot

:same:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Matt Jones is not going to be a Redskin. He was told he's "not part of the plans" for the team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Matt Jones is not going to be a Redskin. He was told he's "not part of the plans" for the team.

SAMAJEPERINESAMAJEPERINESAMAJEPERINESAMAJEPERINE

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Who even cares, Chris Thompson is going to catch all the passes and Redskins will have like a 75:25 pass:run ratio.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Veritek83 posted:

Worried i might have to listen to a Bachelorette podcast to find out.

Can we unpack this? Why are they doing that? Why did anyone think that wouldnt be the most alienating thing possible for ff fans? It must be executive meddling, right?

Is it the worst idea in FF history?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

FFS I'm working on a breakout/bounceback piece and most of my guys are on Evan Silva's list... Robert Woods, Eric Ebron, Jameis, John Brown

Now I'm looking like I'm just copying Silva.

:negative:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

FFS I'm working on a breakout/bounceback piece and most of my guys are on Evan Silva's list... Robert Woods, Eric Ebron, Jameis, John Brown

Is Kamar Aiken at all a possibility?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Fear Ameer

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ben Nevis posted:

Is Kamar Aiken at all a possibility?

:laffo:

He's on my list too.

I'd probably be better off just copying Silva tbh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Tank your credibility and hype up ASJ

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

My sleeper list every year is "dudes I have on my dynasty teams". The Winners Curse Problem is a bitch.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Tank your credibility and hype up ASJ

Obligatory 2017 Christine Michael Hype Piece

Also asj getting a dui and crazying his way off the team was out of my control 💩

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Obligatory 2017 Christine Michael Hype Piece

Also asj getting a dui and crazying his way off the team was out of my control 💩

Didn't you hear? He is sober and turning heads at OTAS. https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/869738502937772032

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Cervixalot posted:

Didn't you hear? He is sober and turning heads at OTAS. https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/869738502937772032

If you were to compare his shape now to the rest of his life...

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

I actually like Abdullah this year. Sorry, I just wanted to make a dumb pun. Will avoid in the future.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

time for rookie draft results and mockery right?

I'm CCCP

10 team dynasty with 1 pt ppr for TE's, .75 for RBs, and .5 for WRs.

note, the final pick of the draft hasn't been made yet.

Man, your Butt went way earlier than mine.

Edit: Ignoring the rookie TE value debate, who we like? I took Jonnu in my rookie draft.

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 1, 2017

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Who has more value as a keeper in a 2 QB league? Sterling Shepard at 9 or Willie Snead at 13? Neither of them are that valuable, but need to submit a preliminary keeper roster and those are my only WR that might have some value at their draft spot. Snead did not do much after the first few weeks, but overall he got a touch more ppg than Shepard. Also, is Gore worth trying to keep at 9?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

Who has more value as a keeper in a 2 QB league? Sterling Shepard at 9 or Willie Snead at 13? Neither of them are that valuable, but need to submit a preliminary keeper roster and those are my only WR that might have some value at their draft spot. Snead did not do much after the first few weeks, but overall he got a touch more ppg than Shepard. Also, is Gore worth trying to keep at 9?

Snead easily. Cooks left New Orleans, and Giants signed Brandon Marshall and a pass catching rookie tight end.

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Edit: Ignoring the rookie TE value debate, who we like? I took Jonnu in my rookie draft.

They're all total long term stashes. Kittle in SF might get the earliest chance to relevance, but Jonnu is fine and could do something maybe in like 3 years.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jun 1, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Yeah I was hoping to get him as a stash with my 3rd round pick.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
CMike lives! The Colts just signed him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

pubic works project posted:

CMike lives! The Colts just signed him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

cmp343
Sep 9, 2011
Hey everyone, our podcast, the Fantasy Football Prophet, is doing a mailbag episode and we need your questions for the show. Keeper questions, rankings questions, anything you want answered in fantasy football please send our way. Also, it's never a bad thing to promote the show when given a chance. If you have any questions comment here and we will answer them all on the show.

And if you want to check out the show, here's a link to our iTunes page. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fantasy-football-prophet/id1167320659?mt=2

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

cmp343 posted:

Hey everyone, our podcast, the Fantasy Football Prophet, is doing a mailbag episode and we need your questions for the show. Keeper questions, rankings questions, anything you want answered in fantasy football please send our way. Also, it's never a bad thing to promote the show when given a chance. If you have any questions comment here and we will answer them all on the show.

And if you want to check out the show, here's a link to our iTunes page. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fantasy-football-prophet/id1167320659?mt=2

How high should I draft CMike? :)

Realistic question: If David Johnson, Lev Bell and Ezekiel Elliot are gone, who would be the fourth best RB to take in standard scoring?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 1, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

How high should I draft CMike? :)

Realistic question: If David Johnson, Lev Bell and Ezekiel Elliot are gone, who would be the fourth best RB to take in standard scoring?

Melvin Gordon! Though I wouldn't think you're dumb if you have Freeman or McCoy there, they're a reasonable tier for me. Then Howard, Ajayi, probably Demarco in the next tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

Melvin Gordon! Though I wouldn't think you're dumb if you have Freeman or McCoy there, they're a reasonable tier for me. Then Howard, Ajayi, probably Demarco in the next tier.

Do you really have Melvin Gordon as your 4th RB? Wasn't he very touchdown dependent last season, with a low YPC?

• Locked thread