Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm just gonna petition my main league again to change TE slot to WR/TE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

on topic:

Footballguys posted:

SF - TE Vance McDonald could be cut

Source: San Francisco Chronicle - Eric Branch

San Francisco 49ers TE Vance McDonald is a candidate to be cut, according to Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. He said it 'wouldn't be a surprise' if McDonald didn't make the 53-man roster.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Keep this in mind if you have dynasty stock in Blake Bell or if you selected George Kittle in your 2017 rookie drafts. The former regime signed McDonald to a five-year, $35-million extension last December. There is a potential out on his contract, but not until after the 2017 season. McDonald still has $7.7 million remaining in dead money on his contract.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

89 posted:

Sure guys. Take a RB who looked like poo poo behind one of the worst lines in football. Oh, and they didn't do anything to improve that line.

Don't take that guy unless he's the last starting RB on the board.

Truth. Plus the Giants are gonna throw it a million times this year

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Papes posted:

Sammy Watkins plays a full season and is a top 5 wr

I lol'ed at this

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

^ Jared Cook finishes in the middle of the pack there somewhere

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

all teams need to assign rookies into some kind of a buddy system with a respected veteran to (attempt to) teach them not to do stupid poo poo

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

the month of ACL deaths has begun

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Varg posted:

the month of ACL deaths has begun

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/892876235180736512

I still felt one was coming soon

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Ty1990 posted:

Don't draft Jets

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Tiptoes posted:

What are everybody's thoughts about fantasy leagues that use an Injured Reserve spot? I'm commishing a league with three newbies this year so I figured an IR spot would help out people who don't quite know what to do with a top pick who gets injured for 4+ weeks. But I got one league mate who is being a real pain in the rear end about wanting it gone and I'm trying to convince him otherwise without having to pull the "I'm the commish. Deal with it." card. Thoughts?

I have had 2 IR slots in my 10 team league since the beginning and it's never been an issue

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

well on ESPN, if a player is marked as Out they can be moved to IR and you can pick up someone else on waivers. If the player's status is no longer Out, then you have to make room again for him on your roster.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

RCarr posted:

It's hard for me to believe that a grown man can collapse to the ground in tears, after walking off the field and into the tunnel, over an injury that isn't a big deal. I know he's a drama queen, but come on.

I still think it's going to be revealed that it's something more serious.

Looked to me like the kneeling down in the tunnel was more him being pissed off/scared that he got hurt, right before that he was walking ok with a slight limp and then came back out on the field without the uniform shortly after

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

this is Kyle Rudolph's year!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Benne posted:

Julian Edelman carted off on non-contact injury :rip:

https://twitter.com/Broncos_Report/status/901222036818677760

yep :rip:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

89 posted:

Edelman complete ACL tear

no surprise there as I've completely torn my ACL doing almost the exact same motion that he did, and not even as hard as he cut :smith:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I see a lot of people drafting Allen Robinson and Tyreek Hill and I just think both are gonna bust hard

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

axelord posted:

Ha ha man the Browns have released Brock!!

him and Matt Flynn are the luckiest fuckers for getting a ridiculous payday for having like one good game

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Analyzers say to do this, just want to make sure. Yahoo, standard, 14 teams. My current RBs are Bell and Crowell.

I give:
Hunter Henry TE LAC
Kareem Hunt RB KC

I get:
Jordan Reed TE WAS
Latavius Murray RB MIN

depends if you think Reed is really worth giving up a starting RB for (I don't)

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

did some drafts the past few days and I'm feeling decently good about them all for now.

code:
10 team main league with friends (ESPN) - 6th pick - Standard scoring - QB / 2 WR / 2 RB / TE / 2 FLEX / DEF / K
drafted on Saturday before anything about Zeke was said

(6) Odell Beckham Jr., NYG WR
(15) Jordan Howard, Chi RB
(26) Ezekiel Elliott, Dal RB
(35) Dalvin Cook, Min RB
(46) Kelvin Benjamin, Car WR
(55) Frank Gore, Ind RB
(66) C.J. Anderson, Den RB
(75) DeSean Jackson, TB WR
(86) Tyrell Williams, LAC WR
(95) Zach Ertz, Phi TE
(106) Chris Hogan, NE WR
(115) Derrick Henry, Ten RB
(126) Marcus Mariota, Ten QB
(135) Philip Rivers, LAC QB
(146) John Brown, Ari WR
(155) Patriots D/ST D/ST
(166) Wil Lutz, NO K
code:
14 team with some friends (Yahoo) - 9th pick - 1 PPR - QB / 3 WR / 2 RB / TE / FLEX / DEF / K

(9) LeSean McCoy (Buf - RB)
(20) Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
(37) Michael Crabtree (Oak - WR)
(48) Kelvin Benjamin (Car - WR)
(65) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)
(76) Frank Gore (Ind - RB)
(93) Tyler Eifert (Cin - TE)
(104) Philip Rivers (LAC - QB)
(121) Ted Ginn Jr. (NO - WR)
(132) Jacquizz Rodgers (TB - RB)
(149) Cole Beasley (Dal - WR)
(160) Danny Amendola (NE - WR)
(177) Alvin Kamara (NO - RB)
(188) Evan Engram (NYG - TE)
(205) Cincinnati (Cin - DEF)
(216) Wil Lutz (NO - K)
code:
10 team (Yahoo $50 pro league) - 4th pick - Standard scoring - QB / 3 WR / 2 RB / TE / DEF / K

(4) Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
(17) Jordan Howard (Chi - RB)
(24) Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
(37) Alshon Jeffery (Phi - WR)
(44) Michael Crabtree (Oak - WR)
(57) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
(64) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)
(77) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
(84) Delanie Walker (Ten - TE)
(97) Kirk Cousins (Was - QB)
(104) Frank Gore (Ind - RB)
(117) Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
(124) Ted Ginn Jr. (NO - WR)
(137) Carolina (Car - DEF)
(144) Cairo Santos (KC - K)

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently Yahoo thinks my team is going to be the absolute worst in my work league. 8 team, 0 PPR, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST/1PK. The report card literally told me that I need more dedication to the draft, that my record will be 3-11, and that I should have autodrafted.

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: LeSean McCoy, Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley, Ameer Abdullah
WR: TY Hilton, Demaryius Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Alshon Jeffery, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs
TE: Tyler Eifert
DST: Steelers
PK: McManus

Thanks Yahoo.

this is a yahoo 1 PPR 14 team league. here's the best graded team in the league with an A+

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Martavis Bryant
WR Golden Tate
WR DeSean Jackson
RB Devonta Freeman
RB LeGarrette Blount
TE Rob Gronkowski
W/R/T Theo Riddick
Bench: Jason Witten. Duke Johnson Jr., Robby Anderson, Tyrod Taylor, Dion Lewis, Malcolm Mitchell

this is my team graded worst in the league with a C

QB Philip Rivers
WR Michael Crabtree
WR Kelvin Benjamin
WR Jarvis Landry
RB LeSean McCoy
RB Christian McCaffrey
TE Tyler Eifert
W/R/T Frank Gore
Bench: Ted Ginn Jr., Jacquizz Rodgers, Cole Beasley, Danny Amendola, Alvin Kamara, Evan Engram

quote:

Draft Summary
The late Maya Angelou once said the greatest gift you can give yourself is forgiveness. You should consider taking that advice to heart after yielding a projected finish of 14th (0-13-0 1,929 points) despite drafting in the 9 slot. They went after the diva position early, using three of their first five selections on WRs Michael Crabtree (third round), Kelvin Benjamin (fourth round), and Jarvis Landry (fifth round). They ultimately have one of the best RB duos in the league, as they added LeSean McCoy and Christian McCaffrey to the team.

tl:dr go gently caress yourself yahoo

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Forever_Peace posted:

Call me crazy but Kevin White is basically free now (ADP ~150) and that seems bananas for the amount of volume he could be getting. He's probably a coin flip for getting hurt again, but the other side of that coin is WR2 soooooo...

Like there are drafts where O.J. Howard is going ahead of White.

seems no fantasy site fixed where his rank should be before draft time, he's at the end of the draft board everywhere and people just forget about him

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

the_american_dream posted:

Im starting to believe these odb in danger of playing reports

yea gently caress I have to decide tonight in ~28 minutes whether to keep him in my lineup or sit him for Tyrell Williams or Chris Hogan

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

pubic works project posted:

Just wait until Sunday and make it either Beckham or Tyrell.

well last year against Denver, Tyrell scored 2.8 and 0.4 points. so there lies my quandary

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I specifically ignored Gillislee because of Belichicanery. Also skipped over Khunt a couple times on purpose for guys like Dalvin Cook, Zeke, McCaffery.. I own no shares of either and am both sad and amazed. Didn't have to play against either last night though so phew

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

yea just go for Golladay unless you think you can trade some RBs and Landry to upgrade that WR

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

new guy in my league, who joined this year and was already talking poo poo, lost DJ and ARob already :twisted:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I have Tyler Eifert in a 14-team 1 PPR league.. Charles Clay is on waivers.. I kinda want to grab him but who should I drop if anyone?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

well I waited too long thinking about Clay and someone else got him :argh:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

RCarr posted:

He plays Monday night, I'm probably going to sit him this week. I can't afford a zero. I think there's a much higher chance he scores under 5 points than over.

the Giants are bad and are gonna be bad as long as the play calling is still gonna be bad

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Wtf I was winning by at least 2 points last night after the Denver v Dallas game.. I wake up this morning and I now lost by 0.7.. who the gently caress got stat corrected that hard

Varg fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Sep 18, 2017

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Frustrated posted:

Also, for the guys wondering about the stat correction, they took away a Lutz FG.
oh, thanks..

gently caress kickers.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Sataere posted:

Lol, I've never streamed a kicker before. Too unpredictable. I guess it makes sense though.

:confused: it's more unpredictable to stick with the same kicker through bad matchups, same with defense

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

So the London game isn't even being shown on TV?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Gorman Thomas posted:

I am quite enjoying Chris Thompson's transformation into an unstoppable juggernaut.

I'm not, gently caress that guy.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

should have been the easiest win for me, but noooo... Kelvin, Rivers & CJ had to die. Now I have to hope Zeke & Bailey outscores Witten by a lot

everywrongdecision.jpg

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Okay I'm down 83.3 to 78.6. I've got Tyreek, Hunt, and KC kicker to play and he has KC defense. Am I crazy for wanting to drop the new KC kicker for Doctson and roll with no kicker this week? Just in case Doctson blows up and I've got some trade chips.

yes you're crazy

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Zeke's suspension just got reinstated.

gently caress you Goodell, I've already lost Dalvin Cook & OBJ on the same team in consecutive weeks, why are you doing this to me??

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

AnacondaHL posted:

:allears: we live in wonderful times

didn't this fuckin guy just sit out a whole year cause he smoked a weed? and now he's making demands lmao

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

great now Kelvin is basically useless I'm guessing? my main league team is falling apart little by little every week despite being 7-1. Now lost Zeke, Dalvin Cook, OBJ, and Hogan currently hurt.. I'm not gonna survive the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm also in a "don't want to drop my good kicker on bye for a lovely one and then inevitably have someone else grab him" situation :smith:

• Locked thread