Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Powell is and always will be a volume play. I've lost count of the number of times he's been a free reliable bye week guy for me, but he ain't gonna supermova like a rawls of Howard etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

rb snap counts

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

The problem with streaming kickers is that folks often end up chasing yesterday's points. They set themselves up to always be starting the players most likely to regress to the mean (kickers are more random than other positions, so big-scoring games are more noise and less signal than big games from, say, a quarterback). It's tough for a strategy like that to beat a person who sticks with one kicker and gets to benefit from the long-run mean over weeks (so, for example, if we think dome kickers have a slight edge, increasing your sample of dome games increases the probability that this edge will manifest itself in a practical margin).

Like, it's probably possible to stream kickers in a way that yields a net positive expected points, but it would likely take an awful lot of work to beat the market.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

That's why I invest in a low cost kicker index fund.

Literally the only thing to look for in kickers is low overhead costs, minimal active management, and diversification across leagues. This is the perfect metaphor.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Washington always seems to have these great passing down guys. Roy Helu was quietly one of the best pass catching backs in the league for a while before a single year of misuse in Oakland was enough to kill his career.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Interesting.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/919284331301961728

I'm down. I like Hyde but Breida was my preseason lotto ticket in 3 of my 4 dynasty leagues.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Titans are now 11-1 when Derrick Henry gets 7 or more rushing attempts, and 1-8 when he doesn't.

I'm sure a lot of that is allowing Henry to salt away games that they're already winning, but still, that's a hell of a split.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Hot drat just a 4th?

Shoot, they got him in the 5th, and got some great games out of him. Not bad for half a contract's worth of an RB who may have a degenerative knee condition that could end his career at basically any time.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Dion Lewis looking like LevBell Light out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Some quick GroundControl stats and pictures from 2017. Apps will be updated by the end of the week.

• Locked thread