Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:siren: Rate My Draft :siren:

10 team, 0.5 ppr, standard scoring
1QB/2RB/3WR/1FLEX/1TE/K/Defense/Defensive Player/Dback

I kept Antonio Brown in the 3rd, and Jordy Nelson in the 15th.

QB- Aaron Rodgers
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Jordy Nelson
WR- TY Hilton
RB- Spencer Ware
RB- Joe Mixon
TE- Greg Olsen
FLEX- Willie Snead
B-Tevin Coleman
B-CJ Anderson
B- Brandon Marshall
B- Mike Gillislee
B- Duke Johnson
B- Gio Bernard
B- Thomas Rawls
B- Robby Anderson
B- Rex Burkhead
Defensive Player- Luke Kuechly

All the good running backs were kept, so I went zero RB. I have to drop 3 guys for a Kicker, Defense, and Dback, but I think my WR/QB/TE is strong enough to carry my weak RB corps. I'm gonna try to work a trade for Hunt so I own him and Ware.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm trying to pry Kareem Hunt away from my buddy. He wants Brandon Marshall in return. Should I do it?

10 team, 0.5 ppr, standard scoring (QB/2RB/3WR,TE,FLX)

My Team:

QB- A. Rodgers
WR- A. Brown, J. Nelson, T.Y. Hilton, W. Snead, B. Marshall, Robby Anderson
RB- S. Ware, J. Mixon, T. Coleman, C.J. Anderson, M. Gillislee, Duke Johnson, Gio Bernard, T. Rawls, Rex Burkhead
TE- Olsen

I'm absolutely stacked at WR, so I can certainly bear the loss of Marshall. I also have to drop 3 players before the season starts to pick up a kicker, defense, and defensive back.

Thoughts?

I'd like to package two of my bench RB's in return for Hunt, but I doubt he accepts that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

You would drop Marshall anyway as one of the 3 you have to drop for K, DEF, LB right?

Edit: And then you would drop Kareem Hunt for a K, DEF, LB too most likely. I don't know who you would drop to keep Hunt on the team I guess.

Honestly, I'm not sure who I plan on dropping right now. Robbie Anderson, Gio Bernard, and... someone else?

My RB's are trash so I'd like to have Ware and Hunt, to know I have a starting RB in an offense that runs the ball.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I literally drafted Beckham 30 seconds before he hosed his knee. He's out for a while...

EDIT: gently caress

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It looked worse than that. I think he's out for a few weeks at least.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Finished my second draft of the year last night. 10 team, non-ppr.

QB- Matt Ryan (68)
WR- Odell Beckham Jr. (8)
WR- Michael Thomas (13)
RB- Jordan Howard (28)
RB- Leonard Fournette (33)
FLEX- Isaiah Crowell (48)
Bench- Mark Ingram (53)
Bench- Jarvis Landry (73)
Bench- Pierre Garcon (88)
Bench- CJ Anderson (93)
Bench- Kenny Britt (108)
Bench- Kareem Hunt (113)
Bench- Robbie Anderson (128)
Bench- Jamaal Williams (133)
Bench- Ted Ginn Jr. (148)

A lot of guys slid pretty far down the board (Jordan Howard @ 28, etc). I think I did well. I literally drafted Beckham 30 seconds before he got hurt last night though :(

How does it look?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

89 posted:

In my league this past week, he went 4th round

How? How is this possible?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

When are we supposed to get the news on Beckham's injury?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's hard for me to believe that a grown man can collapse to the ground in tears, after walking off the field and into the tunnel, over an injury that isn't a big deal. I know he's a drama queen, but come on.

I still think it's going to be revealed that it's something more serious.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

89 posted:

He's not a grown man. Isn't he like 23?

drat, he's probably going to be like 7 feet tall when he's done!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Julio and AB absolutely go in the first in a 12 team 0 ppr league. Other receivers as well. You're overthinking the value difference.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I sprained my ankle last night. It didn't start sucking really bad until 4-5 hours later.

I've absolutely destroyed my ankle after rolling it playing basketball. Like, my entire foot, heel to toe, turning black from all the internal bleeding, crutches for almost a month, swollen to larger-than-a-grapefruit size. Believe it or not, I didn't lay on the ground crying. Dude's a bitch.

(I'm a Giants fan)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Looten Plunder posted:

My league has a keeper rule that allows you to keep a player for one round earlier than he was drafted the previous year. If you're prepared to carry an injured player on your list all year (we even have an IR slot) you can keep a player even if he never hit the field.

One guy in our league secured Jordy Nelson for a 13th Round Pick two years ago and has basically locked himself into the championship for as long as he can keep him.

Are there any players this year with long term injuries/on the Injured Reserve list that I can target late in the draft for some mega value the following year?

I got Jordy in the 15th that year :smug:

As for this year, Andrew Luck.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gearman posted:

My biggest complaint about ESPN is that it forces you to draft a defense and a kicker.

Yeah that's reprehensible. I don't draft on ESPN because that makes no sense.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

So it looks like AP is now the #1 back in New Orleans on the latest sheets. Whats the scoop with that?

Ingram is the man there.

Edit: I checked the latest sheets and it in no way looks like AP is the #1 back in New Orleans. So I have no idea what you're talking about. AP is 13 spots below Ingram in the RB column.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Aug 24, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

What's the latest on Odell's injury? Still likely to be out at least week 1?

Aiming to play week 1, but may miss a week or two.

Ty1990 posted:

How big is the gap between Gronk and Travis Kelce in goon's opinions?

Not as big as you'd think, in my opinion. Especially since Gronk will probably miss games due to injury as always.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was offered his Tyrell Williams for my Kareem Hunt and Jamaal Williams. Non-ppr, standard scoring. 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/FLEX(WR/RB/TE)

Tyrell went in the 10th, and Kareem/Jamaal went in the 12th/14th, respectively.

I do need to drop 3 players to pick up a Defense/Kicker/Tight End, so a 2 for 1 trade sounds nice.

Thoughts?

My team:

QB- Ryan
WR- Beckham, Thomas, Landry, Garcon, Britt, Robbie Anderson, Tedd Ginn
RB- Howard, Fournette, Ingram, Crowell, CJ Anderson, Hunt, Jamaal Williams

RCarr fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 24, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

Does he have a top 8 tight end that you can get instead? If not, I would do it and drop Robbie Anderson.

He's got Martellus Bennett and Antonio Gates .

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

LeSean he's more high risk than Mark.

Try for Marty B. I wouldn't trade for Gates. Worst he can say is no.

Just countered with Hunt & Jamaal Williams for Bennett. He said he'd have to think it over so it's a possibility. Thanks for the insight.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Gross, tell him you had a moment of temporary insanity and cancel that offer

It's not an official offer, so I can back out. What's so bad about it? I'd be trading my 12th and 14th round picks for his 8th round pick. And I need to lose 3 players anyway, so a 2-for-1 trade sounds nice.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah I still think that OBJ injury is worse than they are letting on. I would take Evans over him if I had the chance right now. (Saying this as a Giants fan)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Winston is fine at QB. Don't worry about rolling him out there every week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Get Hogan

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea your backup QB and TE are worthless. Drop them for players you actually need.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Taking Freeman over Bell is criminal.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If everyone has 2QB there's a bunch of good RB's and WR's on the waiver wire. Drop your backup QB and TE for them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This thread never ceases to amaze me... "Do I trade Ertz to get Reed?" Come on man.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All those rate-my-team websites are nonsense. Don't put any faith into them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

They're about as good as Yahoo's draft recap.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why do you have 2 QB's, never mind 3. The whole point of taking a WB early is not having to waste another pick on a backup QB.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: nvm

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's hard to rate a team in an 8-team league because every team is stacked. It's almost impossible to draft a bad team.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have my 10 team, 25 roster spot dynasty startup auction draft tonight. I still have basically no idea what the values for players should be or any type of strategy whatsoever. I guess I'm just going to wing it. I will post my hilariously terrible draft results tonight or tomorrow for you all to laugh at. God help me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Has anyone done a dynasty auction startup draft this season yet? I'd really love to see the results of one or two.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just did my first dynasty startup draft. Which was also my first auction draft. Holy hell. It took over 4 and a half hours.
1ppr, 25 Roster Spots, $200 budget. QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX(wr/rb/te) - Salaries go up 10% or $1 (whatever is higher) each year. $250 salary cap from here on out.

QB- Luck $12, Rivers $1, Manning $1
WR- Amari Cooper $28, DeAndre Hopkins $24, Demaryius Thomas $19, Alshon Jeffrey $19, Michael Crabtree $15, Kelvin Benjamin $9, Sterling Shepard $3, Robby Anderson $2, Cole Beasley $1
RB- CJ Anderson $10, Mark Ingram $10, Ty Montgomery $9, Jonathan Stewart $2, Duke Johnson $5, Rex Burkhead $3, James Conner $2, Giovani Bernard $1, Dion Lewis $1, Alfred Morris $1, Chris Thompson $1
TE- Travis Kelce $19, Hunter Henry $2

I went all in on WR2's and discount RB's. I regret spending $12 on Luck, but having a star QB for the indefinite future should be nice. (Once he's healthy)

Please tell me how badly I hosed this up! :)

RCarr fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 29, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I like it!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

Who should i keep at the bottom of my bench:
Robbie Anderson
Kennie Golladay
Marlon Mack

I know that it's just a crapshoot but I have nothing better to do in the preseason!

Anderson

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How do people feel about Greg Olsen this year, at age 32? Is he still a top 5 TE?

I drafted him mainly based off name recognition in my 0.5 ppr league, and am wondering if I should try to trade him or just stick with him. I could probably move him based off name recognition alone.

My roster:

Free Agent TE's:

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I think you win the "Worst WR corps of the year" award. Jesus.

• Locked thread