Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Must've been really buzzed or something because 5 pts for 500 yards passing bonus is p much moot.

But overall it's a p strong team, especially if Luck is good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
And then dude straight jogs into the locker room after the game is over.

https://twitter.com/tomrock_newsday/status/899828796253241348

He's fine most likely

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I sprained my ankle last night. It didn't start sucking really bad until 4-5 hours later.

Yea, but you probably also don't have a team doctor and various coaches that would most likely tell you not to jog around if it was really that serious.

I mean sure he'd be dumb enough not to listen but doubtful.

ib4tornacl

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

Honestly, I would consider not keeping a second player. You aren't really gaining any value and a better option should be available. Also, if you keep a kicker, I hope you lose every game, because you'll deserve it.

I'd challenge that keeping Tyrell Williams as a 15th rounder is gaining value seeing as his adp is around the 9th/10th round. If Keenan Allen gets hurt again which is very possible, his value would more than double, possibly even triple as he ended last season as a high end WR2.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 23, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Felter Chesthard posted:

You need to get Henry.

Why exactly? I understand having handcuffs, but Demarco has missed 3 games in the last 4 years and he has virtually no chance of losing that starting role unless he falls off a cliff playwise.

Of course it's nice to have Henry but i don't see why he would need to have him.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 24, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Do you have to keep them? Makes it p lame since they auto cost 1st and 2nd. This makes it so whatever people keep, the draft board will largely stay the same through the first couple rounds. Some people will get bargains obv like DJ at #10 or something, but it makes it less of a need to use your keepers honestly.

Also what draft spot are you?

I'd agree with Beer unless you can decide if they cost your 2nd.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 24, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Papes posted:

There is no need for them to go out and obtain Henry. Handcuffs in general are not ideal draft picks and when you are spending a 6th round pick on one you are really limiting the upper cap of your team's potential.

Yea, he wasn't the first person to tell someone with Demarco that they needed to grab Henry.

Which makes me really confused why they think that. I'm maybe guessing people are scared still from when Demarco was rode hard in Dallas, but he has missed one game since that season. :psyduck:

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 24, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
There'd be even more of them but everyone who asks me for advice i tell them i only look at espn articles.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Anybody here follow the chiefs? Will Tyreek be returning kicks again this year?

My keeper deadline got extended til tomorrow and i just remembered the league gives return yard points. Now i'm back to thinking who to keep again, welp.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Amendola is clearly only healthy when the pats need him in the playoffs, the rest of the season he's dead.

Don't pick him up dudes.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Well there have been like 200 different times every year with people telling others to stay away from patriot RB's. lol if you still don't listen especially this year.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

James White was my golden child last year.

It's really Burkhead that's ruining all of this.

Your team must've been complete crap if James White was your golden child last year in fantasy.

If anything his fantasy stats last year are pretty much :patriotsRB:

In 1 PPR leagues he scored over 10 points about 6 times, under 5 points 4 times, and the rest were between those 2.

And that's in full PPR leagues. He was at best a boom or bust flex option last season and most likely the same if not worse this year.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 26, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Hogan is gonna be great for him, but i wouldn't call him his WR2 over Fitzgerald/Hilton. Unless another key offensive piece goes down for NE.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Hilton still ended as a high end WR2 the year Luck only played 7 games, he'll be largely fine unless Luck ends up missing the whole season.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Charity bet? $10 to whatever you want? Half ppr, Hogan beats one of those two by 5pts. Injuries count.

:toxx:

If i made a charity bet for everytime i had a differing opinion here, i'd have about hundreds on the line.

I still highly doubt Hogan finishes higher than either.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just finished my keeper draft and i'm actually feeling nice about it. RB's are a bit concerning after Murray but i think i ended up in a good spot.

12 teams 10th pick
1 PPR 6 PPTD with return yards. K means a keeper and round.

QB - Brees
RB - Demarco Murray
RB - Mark Ingram
WR - Jordy Nelson (K9)
WR - Michael Thomas
TE - Kyle Rudolph
FLEX - Stefon Diggs
K - Prater
DEF - Giants
BN - Tyreek Hill (K10)
BN - Duke Johnson
BN - Bilal Powell
BN - Michael Crabtree
BN - Jamaal Williams

Thoughts?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Really not sold on Rex. The only thing he does better than any other back on the roster is special-teams play (he led CIN in ST tackles last year). He's not even the best all-rounder (that's Lewis). If the NE backs are all game-plan specific, I really have to squint to see a plan that requires a lot of Rex and very little of the other three. Like, sure, maybe there will be an injury in front of him, but there could be an injury in front of plenty of other guys in the league that wouldn't still be left in a three-headed timeshare afterwards. Wouldn't I prefer one of those?

Even in dynasty, Rex is only on a 1-year contract. Who knows what his situation will be next year.

I dunno, maybe I'm missing something. Everybody is gaga over this guy and I just don't get it.

I think it may be due to him looking good and receiving lots of work when Gillislee was injured and people thinking hey that means he's gonna defo get the lions share.

I think he'll do good, but lots of guys here are way too high on him imo. Way too crowded for me.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 27, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Q_res posted:

Literally everyone carries 2 QBs in my league, so it can be a bitch to get a worthwhile backup to cover your Bye if you wait. I mean, you're right, I'm not arguing that but that's the league I play in. Ebron, yeah, not much defense for that pick.

That just means there's even more dudes worth grabbing on the waiver then. At best you'll only need a backup for your bye, so there's no point holding someone for 13+ weeks if your intention is to use him for 1.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Some guy in my league hosed up his draft order and ended up with Rodgers and Brady at QB with Reed and Olsen at TE.

He has absolutely underwhelming players at WR and RB and is already open to trades since the draft was last night. I have Brees at QB who isn't far behind those 2 and Rudolph at TE.

Thinking of tossing an offer of Brees, Rudolph, and 1 of Diggs/Powell/Ingram/Tyreek/Crabtree for Rodgers and Olsen, worth it? If so who?

edit: yea i'm dumb, he probably doesn't want a QB back if he already has Brady too.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 27, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ninja Bob posted:

0.5 PPR, 12 team league. I got offered a straight TE trade, I get Jordan Reed, I give up Ertz. Seems like a good deal, I'm concerned about Reed staying healthy obviously but there's nothing new I could google that looked bad. Thoughts? If Reed goes out I could pick up Vernon Davis or just stream whoever's out there, but if I could lock up a decent TE for once, that would be nice.

Umm hit that accept button now.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Does the premium one do anything different?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I think you're pinning a lot on CMC and Old Man Gore. Could work out, but it's a risk going with a rookie and an old man as your 1/2.

Hunt is now effectively his 1 with Ware looking like he's out for the season.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
half your bench is already p useless though and belong on the waiver wire.

Are there better options?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Probably didn't need to grab Stafford if you already got Brady. OJ Howard was also a waste of a pick probably and can be dropped for WR/RB depth.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Keeping the 2 QB's and possibly getting Jordy would probably be your best bet.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

10 man league. 0.5 PPR. An extra 0.5 for 40 yard rushing/catches. 1 point extra if they are TDs (So a 40 yard TD would count as 7.5 pts as opposed to 6)

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
K
DL
DB
LB
LB

Pick #5. Who would you rather have?

LeSean McCoy
Julio Jones
Mike Evans
Devonta Freeman
AJ Green
Jordy Nelson?

I'm liking the idea of grabbing Shady and then not worrying about RB for a while (Maybe grab both Ingram/AP & CJ/Jamaal, Doug Martin/Rodgers later on, etc) and then going balls deep on WRs and a top 5 TE. Alternately, I can really make my pass catchers elite with maybe Top 5 WR/Amari or Baldwin/Gronk/Keenan or Fitzgerald. Although, there is a chance Shady gets picked before me, which at that point I probably need to default to WR although I am high on Freeman.

Our bench is 9 spots.

Also, looks like I need to target DB Landon Collins in the 7th round.

Personally i would go Julio.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'd love to hear more arguments on both sides , because its a no brainer for me to keep mccoy over carr, even with the superflex. In all four goon fish bowl divisions, mccoy went rounds before carr.

Yea but it's also a keeper league and can't be compared to the goon fish bowl really, so that plays a huge factor since most other teams in the league will be keeping their QB's. Noted by him saying his likely QB availables at 8th overall are the Andy Dalton and Eli Manning of the worlds.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

Shady/Dalton > No Shady/Carr

But it'd theoretically be Shady/Dalton or Carr/Jordy, Dez, Amari, Fournette

Depending on who he would take at 8th overall if he didn't need to grab Dalton since he has Carr.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just got offered Gurley + AP for my Demarco and not entirely sure how to think about this.

Help me out here friends

My other RB's are Powell, Ingram, Duke Johnson, Jamaal Williams.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
That's what i figured, tbh i haven't followed Gurley or AP at all lately, so i didn't have any opinions on them.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
89 do you just like give all your targeted/drafted players insane hype/expectations and then when they don't meet them 3 weeks into the season you trade them off?

heh just joshin

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

I'm hoping someone in here could help me out. I'm down here in Houston helping with hurricane rescues and have a FF Draft tonight. Would someone who has access to beersheets and ability to be online mind drafting for me?

If so please PM me and I can provide login info.

Draft is tonight at 7pm cst

I could probably help you out friendo, just don't blame me when your team is half Patriots.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

pubic works project posted:

What's everyone's thoughts on Joe Mixon? Real deal? Gonna take over the starting role? My younger brother-in-law is trying to get Hunter Henry off me and said he might throw Mixon my way.

Do you have another TE? or streaming?

He'll most likely start the year splitting snaps, but his upside is huge.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 29, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

If you already have Kelce, i'd defo trade Henry for Mixon.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

pubic works project posted:

Well it's not a done deal. I have no idea what's going on in his head. I'm just trying to gather info on Mixon cuz I don't know poo poo about him.

It's a decent argument that he's the most talented RB to be drafted this year over Fournette and Cook. But you know the DV and all. His competition is also an underwhelming Hill and Bernard coming off a torn ACL. He's also a pretty decent pass catching back.

So if you are able to get him for Henry, you mash that accept button.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Someone just dropped TWest, is he worth grabbing at all? I'd be dropping Jamaal Williams.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So I grabbed Forte late in my draft tonight and saw his note said that he was on the trade block and candidate for release?

From a fantasy standpoint what would be his best outcome? I know he's old and all but he can still be effective.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yeah no, Landry was already slowly getting phased out as the go to receiving even last year in Gase's offense. Now with Cutler at QB i'm not sure how he'll even look then as Cutler tends to throw it to the larger receivers aka Parker.

He's not worth the downgrade from AGod.

Also is it a 2 QB league? If not, you really don't need a projected top 10 QB backing up Rodgers, see if any QB needy teams want an upgrade at QB and offer Cousins for WR/RB help if you need it.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 31, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I had a draft last night that included IDP players, and i've only drafted once with IDP players in about 5 years of playing.

It's 3 IDP spots with only 4 benches so really short benches.

Picked 8th out of 12

1 PPR 6 PPTD

QB - Cam Newton
WR - Jordy
WR - Golden Tate
RB - Zeke
RB - Ty Montgomery
TE - Kelce
W/R - Fitzgerald
D - Kuechly
D - B. Wagner
DB - L. Collins
K - who cares
BN - Bilal Powell
BN - Matt Forte
BN - Pierre Garcon
BN - Donte Moncreif

I think i messed up a bit and went IDP too early instead of getting slightly better bench options than Moncreif and Forte especially with Zeke. Thoughts?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Look solid to me depending on the IDP scoring. If it's 1 per tackle Luke and Wagner will rack up 10+ points every week.

Yea it's 1 per tackle. I somehow grabbed my 3 D players out of the first 10 drafted. So i had my 3 D spots set before some teams even had 1 drafted. :psyduck:

• Locked thread