Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought we learned our lesson about not trusting WRs named "Mike Williams" by now :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mitchell Trubisky is going to be trash

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:rip: :rip: :rip:

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/870714855673745409/photo/1

"This is Crockett Gillmore's year" he says, screaming into the void.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'll take an 80-year-old Frank Gore over CJ Anderson and his poo poo committee any day

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Randall Cobb is an WR3 who will get overdrafted on name recognition. He hasn't lived up to his ADP in a couple years now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hey I'm a few beers in and did this exercise at the start of the offseason, just looking at the ADP rounds and making off-the-cuff hot takes. Now that we're close to training camp, let's re-evaluate the draft consensus and look for potential steals/reaches.

ADP Source: https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp

First round

1. David Johnson
2. Le'Veon Bell
3. Ezekiel Elliott
4. Antonio Brown
5. Julio Jones
6. Odell Beckham Jr.
7. LeSean McCoy
8. Melvin Gordon
9 Mike Evans
10. A.J. Green
11. Devonta Freeman
12. Jordan Howard

The top 3 RBs and top 3 WRs are firmly set, and you honestly can't go wrong with any of those choices. Good year to have a top-6 pick. Gordon at 8 seems generous with his injury history, and I'm wary of Howard being a one-year wonder, but otherwise, most of this round feels right.

Second round

13. Jordy Nelson
14. DeMarco Murray
15. Jay Ajayi
16. Michael Thomas
17. Todd Gurley
18. T.Y. Hilton
19. Dez Bryant
20. Rob Gronkowski
21. Lamar Miller
22. Amari Cooper
23. Aaron Rodgers
24. Leonard Fournette

Gurley at 17 is an awful leap of faith -- he deserves some blame for the Rams' offense bottoming out. If he was going a round or two later I'd take the plunge, but I don't like that price for a guy who's been more name than game for 1 1/2 seasons. At least TY is finally getting drafted where he deserves, I can't get a bargain this year. :( Gronk is also a leap of faith, but when healthy he's the undisputed TE1, so it makes sense. Don't draft Amari in the second when you can get Crabtree 2 rounds later for similar or better numbers. Fournette ... well, better hope he lives up to the hype at that price.

Third round

25. Brandin Cooks
26. Marshawn Lynch
27. DeAndre Hopkins
28. Doug Baldwin
29. Isaiah Crowell
30. Tom Brady
31. Alshon Jeffery
32. Spencer Ware
33. Allen Robinson
34. Carlos Hyde
35. Davante Adams
36. Terrelle Pryor

Marshawn is my favorite football player of all time. He's also 30 years old, hasn't played in a year and looked like an injury-riddled washout his last time out. Uh, good luck taking him at 26. Hopkins seems like a lock to outperform his ADP without Brock making GBS threads up the field. I don't like Hyde in this spot, given all the smoke about him not fitting into Kyle Shanahan's scheme. Pryor is fun but risky drafting that high.

Fourth round

37. Demaryius Thomas
38. Sammy Watkins
39. Travis Kelce
40. Eddie Lacy
41. Drew Brees
42. Keenan Allen
43. Adrian Peterson
44. Doug Martin
45. CJ Anderson
46. Tyreek Hill
47. Jordan Reed
48. Michael Crabtree

I pity the fool who takes an old/overrated RB stuck in a lovely committee. AP and CJA should be hands-off on any sensible draft board. Fat Eddie is now on my team so I have to be a homer for him, but even I wouldn't draft him in the early fourth round. Keenan would be a bargain if he doesn't crumble to dust (he will). I feel like Tyreek will be exposed as a No. 1 WR, but he'll still bust enough huge plays to not be a total waste.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah Gurley was legit bad last year and I don't buy the "he had no help" argument. Steven Jackson had poo poo O-lines for a decade and was still a rock-solid RB1. Gurley was part of the problem, not a helpless bystander.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let's play a quick trivia game that means nothing but could mean a lot depending on where you plan on drafting a TE:

Player A: 16 games, 132 targets, 83 catches, 840 yards, 7 touchdowns, overall TE3 per Pro Football Focus.
Player B: 12 games, 89 targets, 66 catches, 686 yards, 6 touchdowns, overall TE9 per Pro Football Focus.

Player A's ADP: 8.12
Player B's ADP: 4.08

Seems pretty obvious which one you'd rather have at their draft value, no?

Player A: Kyle Rudolph
Player B: Jordan Reed

Drafting TEs on name recognition alone is a dangerous game y'all.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Get rid of mandatory TEs, use an WR/TE flex spot, draft Gronk and Kelce wherever the hell you want. There I just fixed fantasy football.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gonna ride Eddie Lacy all the way to the championship :toot: of the local Chinese food eating contest

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Don't draft any Bears, problem solved.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

I thought we learned our lesson about not trusting WRs named "Mike Williams" by now

Sorry you had to learn the hard way, Chargers.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Will Fuller is poo poo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Flacco out 3-6 weeks with a bad back

I'm starting to trend towards "don't draft any Ravens"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Amergin posted:

Booker out 6-8 weeks due to a wrist injury.

So I guess that RB set is now
CJ Anderson / Charles
De'Angelo Henderson
pit of despair?

I have a feeling Broncos will sign Rashad Jennings midseason.

Sweet, can't wait for the Committee From Hell where every guy gets like 8 touches for 40 yards and none of them are startable.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mike "loving hates rookies" Zimmer can't stop gushing about Dalvin Cook. Make of that what you will (also Latavius is still hurt so he may not have a choice)

quote:

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said second-round RB Dalvin Cook has impressed his teammates during camp.

"The first thing the veteran players I’ve talked to about him say is, ‘This guy gets it,'" Zimmer said. "They see him out there on the field with the other guys, and it’s like, ‘There’s something different about this guy, the way he runs, accelerates, the creases he can get to.’" It is high praise from a group accustomed to watching Adrian Peterson practice, and it suggests the team is happy to let the rookie lead the backfield this year, a reality which becomes more likely with each practice Latavius Murray (ankle) misses. Perhaps headed for a workhorse role, Cook is a good upside pick in the fifth round.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/892794727426338816

RIP fast guy with frying pan hands

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Everybody is dying

https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/893210687018647552

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gordon hasn't even applied for reinstatement (again, after getting it rejected in the spring) and the NFL is still dragging its feet on Martavis Bryant, whom people actually expect to be back.

But sure, keep pinning your hopes on the flake who hasn't played meaningful football in THREE GODDAMN YEARS.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Daltos gonna Daltos

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ty1990 posted:

Goons please make me feel better about this team I drafted that I feel lovely about. 12 team PPR keeper league (2RB 2WR and flex). I kept AB and Evans at the cost of my first and second round picks. RBs were *flying* off the board and instead of force feeding myself Bilal Powell or Spencer Ware I took guys like Kelce and Brees.

QB- Drew Brees
RB- Robert Kelly
RB- Jonathan Stewart
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Mike Evans
FLEX- Golden Tate
TE- Travis Kelce
D/ST-
K-

B- John Brown
B- James White
B- Jeremy Hill
B- Thomas Rawls
B- Robert Woods
B- Shane Vereen
B- Wendell Smallwood
B- Chris Ivory
B- Deandre Washington

Thanks in advance.

You nailed your keeper picks and got "set and forget" starters at QB and TE, so that's a nice start. I also don't fault your draft strategy -- when an unexpected run happens, sometimes the smart play is to hang back and stick to your board, rather than panic-draft guys you're not inspired by just to fill out a position. People have cooled on Fat Rob and JStew as boring plodders getting pushed by rookies, but I think that's a bit overblown at the moment. Both guys should score enough goal-line plunges to be startable most weeks.

Like others said, you have to beef up your RB depth, especially when JStew takes his annual 3-game injury absence. Ivory and Smallwood can be immediate cuts since they won't see the field any time soon. Keep Washington in your back pocket for if/when Marshawn breaks down, and troll the wire for any of those mythical young bucks overtaking vets in September.

Overall, this lineup is more promising than you might realize. Work out the kinks early enough and you'll have an easy playoff team.

Benne fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 7, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Whatever defense is playing the Jets that week" is gonna be the hottest waiver wire commodity of the year

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People sleep on Stafford every year and he puts up perfectly good numbers while still being dirt cheap. At least that's been my go-to recently.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Matt Zerella posted:

Wasn't touching Watkins/JMatt before the trade, nothing has changed.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RVProfootballer posted:

Doesn't change much. He was either getting tagged or moving next year anyway, that hasn't changed. One run heavy offense to another. Biggest issue is keeping healthy, not his supporting cast.

Going from a decent-ish QB to complete loving garbage is ... probably not something you should overlook.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let's check in with Washington's answer to Kevin White Josh Doctson

quote:

Josh Doctson (hamstring) is expected to miss another 4-5 days of camp.

He's been out since August 6. Doctson will likely miss the Redskins' next preseason game. The missed time won't help him form chemistry with Kirk Cousins.

Welp there's your Josh Doctson update

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The year is 2050. America as we know it is gone, the land barren and desolate. Only pockets of humanity survive, hiding in caves dotted across the landscape.

Somewhere deep inside one of these caves, a lonely voice whispers, "should I keep Josh Gordon on my Dynasty bench?"

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/898229736870211584

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Leperflesh posted:

1. Freeman > Gordon.
2. Ajayi >>>>>Howard.

What he said

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/898387590482710530

The Henne :bandwagon: rides again

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Thomas Rawls isn't playing tonight. Eddie Lacy got the start, played one drive and got replaced by seventh-round rookie Chris Carson with the first team.

Remove Eddie Lacy from your draft boards.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did a spur-of-the-moment Yahoo draft that I'm pretty :geno: on. I loaded up on WR2s in the middle rounds but that may have come at the expense of RB depth. Also couldn't resist some homer picks, Russ2Doug all day erry day.

10 teams, 0 PPR

1.07: LeSean McCoy
2.14: Doug Baldwin
3.27: Lamar Miller
4.34: DeAndre Hopkins
5.47: Michael Crabtree
6.54: Russell Wilson
7.67: Jarvis Landry
8.74: Bilal Powell (this was before Hackenberg poo poo the entire house and convinced me to avoid all Jets)
9.87: Frank Gore
10.94: DeVante Parker
11.107: Doug Martin
12.114 Eric Decker
13.127: Cameron Brate
14.134: Giants
15.147: Cairo Santos

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So LeGarrette Blount got fat and there's now increasing smoke that he won't even make the Eagles' final roster. That fifth-round ADP looks more baffling by the day.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Diqnol posted:

He'll make the roster. The Eagles were evaluating him with the passing and stretch stuff, his job is merely to push the line when we need him to.

He's 30 years old, the hell is there left to evaluate? Everybody already knows he sucks in the passing game.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/899799206092832768

Might sit out Week 1, but could've been much worse.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

Here are some Wentz feel goods:

"Wentz started off his NFL career on a roll, throwing for 1,007 yards with a 7:1 TD:INT ratio in his first four games. He was on pace to be a backend fantasy QB1 before he lost Left Tackle Lane Johnson for ten games due to suspension. In those ten games, Wentz had six touchdowns and twelve interceptions, and was an absolute mess. He regained his positive TD:INT ratio in the last two games upon Johnson’s return. Wentz did well with a protected blindside. He now has Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith at his disposal, with Nelson Agholor taking over for Jordan Matthews in a massively overhauled receiving corps."

Unless he did a Freaky Friday swap with Jason Peters, Lane Johnson doesn't play LT.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Glad I got DeVante Parker while he was still cheap

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Julian Edelman carted off on non-contact injury :rip:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Danny Amendola isn't happening. He hasn't happened in like 4 years. Give it up.

Also Spencer Ware is dead too lol

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

89 posted:

The half of the Patriots game with Brady, RB wise:

Dion Lewis - 4 attempts, 11 yards
Mike Gillisle - 8 attempts, 38 yards
James White - 4 attempts, 25 yards, 1 reception for 8 yards
Burkhead - No snaps

Welp.

It's almost like a Brady offense can sustain multiple fantasy-relevant RBs or something. Crazy thought, I know.

Also Burkhead is hurt which is why he didn't play tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cameron Meredity is dead, RIP in peace

Don't do your draft before the third preseason games, y'all

• Locked thread