Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
DON'T 👏 DRAFT 👏 TIGHT 👏 ENDS 👏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yahoo had a great app for maybe 6 months then they went and smeared it with poo poo and now it's terrible.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I literally laughed out loud when I got a news alert CMike got cut

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Zeke feels like he starts with 2 top-five picks in this particular draft.

Personally, I wouldn't trade him unless it started at 1.01 and 1.02 this year and went from there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Alright gentlemen:

Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston

I kinda feel like Winston and Mariota could both end up in the top seven, if not the top six. I'm higher on Mariota because of his hot 8 game stretch last season throwing to Rishard Mathews and Tajae Sharpe (RIP). Corey Davis is better than both of them combined, and they got Taywan Taylor too.

Winston has all the weapons to succeed but he may not despite himself. I hate Winston's ball placement so much that I am biased against him vs. Mariota, but I can't deny the weapons they have now and Winston's ability to gunslang it is light years ahead of Mariota.

Winston would need to take a huge step forward to get up to Mariota levels of ball protection (Mariota's INT rate is 2.3% compared to Jameis' 3.0%).Mariota also has a higher TD rate, too (5.5% vs 4.5%). I think at this point Mariota is just the better player, but Winston has everything he needs to succeed.

Jameis has better raw yards and TD though.

They should both be interesting this year, I think.

My hot take is that Mariota ends up top-five at the position, with Brees and/or Ryan falling out of the top five.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I, too, would be amped as gently caress to get Aaron Rodgers in the 7th

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

May rookie drafts are fine, nerds

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ultimate Josh Gordon buy low today imo

dont do this

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

free josh gordon

Still too expensive

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What are the IDP positions and how many? This is key in devising draft strategy, too. Not just scoring.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Fat Rob is so boring and plain and low-ceiling... he's like the RB you end up with in Madden if you sim your draft and FA for a decade

Imma roll them dice on Samaje because his names is eJames backwards

fake edit

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Joe Williams is going to be a low rent Tevin Coleman if he ever learns how to catch (he loving hates contact and dies between the tackles) so 2.1 might be a bit high but gently caress it who knows anything about anything in a dynasty draft.

He's also going to be borderline useless this year

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 16, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Tight end chat. I just made this chart for the slow draft, because I was curious, so you guys might as well see it too.

The question was: how often do rookie tight ends contribute? With regards to when to draft a guy like Njoku. So, I put together the stats, with notes, on every first and second round TE drafted 2006-2016:
pre:
year	round	name			team		school		games 	catches/yards/TDs	Notes
2016	2	Hunter Henry		Chargers	Arkansas	15	36/478/8		TE1 Antonio Gates was injured part of 2016
2015	2	Maxx Williams		Ravens		Minnesota	14	32/268/1		Injured, IR oct 2016
2014	1	Eric Ebron		Lions		North Carolina	13	25/248/1
2014	2	Austin Seferian-Jenkins	Buccaneers	Washington	9	21/221/2		injured, IR dec 2014
2014	2	Jace Amaro		Jets		Texas Tech	14	38/345/2		
2014	2	Troy Niklas		Cardinals	Notre Dame	7	3/38/0			blocking TE
2013	1	Tyler Eifert		Bengals		Notre Dame	15	39/445/2
2013	2	Zach Ertz		Eagles		Stanford	16	36/469/4
2013	2	Gavin Escobar		Cowboys		San Diego State	16	9/134/2			was supposed to be a catching TE
2013	2	Vance McDonald		49ers		Rice		15	8/119/0			TE2 behind Vernon Davis
2012	2	Coby Fleener		Colts		Stanford	12	26/281/2		
2011	2	Kyle Rudolph		Vikings		Notre Dame	15	26/249/3		recovering from hammy, thrown to by Christian Ponder
2011	2	Lance Kendricks		Rams		Wisconsin	15	28/352/0		rams
2010	1	Jermaine Gresham	Bengals		Oklahoma	15	52/471/4		franchise record catches by rookie TE
2010	2	Rob Gronkowski		Patriots	Arizona		16	42/546/10		lol
2009	1	Brandon Pettigrew	Lions		Oklahoma State	11	31/352/2		Injured, IR Dec 1st 2009
2009	2	Richard Quinn		Broncos		North Carolina	15	0/0/0			never actually played any of these games
2008	1	Dustin Keller		Jets		Purdue		16	48/535/3		Brett Favre
2008	2	John Carlson		Seahawks	Notre Dame	16	55/627/5		Seahawks had many WR injuries this year
2008	2	Fred Davis		Redskins	USC		11	3/27/0			Barely played, was a fuckup
2008	2	Martellus Bennett	Cowboys		Texas A&M	16	20/283/4		Played behind Jason Witten
2007	1	Greg Olsen		Bears		Miami (FL)	14	39/391/2		injured knee, missed first two games
2007	2	Zach Miller		Raiders		Arizona State	16	44/444/3		No, the other Zach Miller, not the one still playing
2006	1	Vernon Davis		49ers		Maryland	10	20/265/3		Injured Sept 06, fractured fibula, returned Nov 19
2006	1	Marcedes Lewis		Jaguars		UCLA		15	13/126/1		Blocked more than catches, but was drafted to catch. Lol jags
2006	2	Joe Klopfenstein	Rams		Colorado	16	20/226/1		lol rams
2006	2	Anthony Fasano		Cowboys		Notre Dame	16	14/126/0		Primarily blocked, behind TE Jason Witten
My conclusion is yes, they often do, although there are probably a similar number of busts as for any other position.

I mean not really :shrug:

Edit: over the last several years, ~6.2 to ~6.5 fantasy points is the #12 TE.

So you have to have a top-four all-time TE season to be a backend TE1

And I wish I could pull Megatron out of there because it fucks with all my TE poo poo

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 16, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I don't understand your thought process. You took season-long stats in your process and then said that those are inherently flawed? You also literally said in your post "The question was: how often do rookie tight ends contribute?" You also mentioned the slow draft, which is not a rookie draft.

Here, a handful of current fantasy relevant guys' rookie years (pulled from your list)

Hunter Henry, who was maddening to try to use

Tyler Eifert

useless

Eric Ebron

useless

Zach Ertz

Gratz if you figured out his three useful games

Coby Fleener

useless

Purple Unicorn

useless

Gronk

ACTUALLY VERY GOOD (sometimes)

So if you want to stash a rookie TE on narrative, go for it, but it would make far more sense to go ahead and use that slot on anything else

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

but then again I said not to draft zeke in the first so what the gently caress do I know

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

LF at this point I honestly don't know when and where you're advocating taking a rookie TE. You called them stashes, which literally indicates a standard redraft league.

And then you dropped well, dynasty and well, best ball

Check out this chart

dont draft rookie tight ends

Take that for data *slams table*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tiptoes posted:

I might consider OJ Howard if he drops far enough. Like maybe if I I'm down to deciding between him or Jared Cook in the 13th. I could see him carving out a red zone role in Tampa Bay's offense. Cameron Brate probably outscores him though. And I'm definitely not touching Njoku or Engram as rookies.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

...huh. OK, so, there's no stashes in dynasty?

Lemme be clear, in a standard redraft league you should only draft the minimum number of TEs you are required to have on your roster, and that probably means not drafting a rookie tight end, period.

Ok we good.

You came at it so many different ways and some of your wordings got me shook

Also if anyone didn't like PFF Fantasy before, try revisiting this year. They hired a bunch of people, mostly from DLF, in the last few days.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Okay Gentlemen, I enjoyed Mariota vs. Jameis

Today's debate:
John Ross
Mike Williams

Mike Williams went first, and is by far the better receiver, but he is entering an extremely crowded situation. Quick reminder of the Chargers offensive weapons that aren't Mike Williams: Melvin Gordon, Hunter Henry, Antonio Gates, Keenan Allen, Tyrell Williams, Travis Benjamin. That's a detriment to Williams, as there's so much there for Rivers to go to that isn't Williams.

There's also a couple of issues with Williams himself. He got physically shoved off his routes too much and had trouble creating separation in college. The thing with that is... it didn't matter. 50/50 balls were not 50/50; he was amazing at the catch point, which seemingly will translate. rivers is also a good improvisational QB, which will work well when Williams gets knocked off his route.

He also disappeared in the red zone at Clemson; whether that's game planning or necessity we'll see at the next level but a lack of TDs might be an issue with his 2017 fantasy value.

Then there's John Ross. There's not nearly as much in terms of weaponry in Cincy. It's AJ Green, Eifert, and whichever one of the RBs is on the field at the time. That opens up a good amount of opportunity for Ross. I don't know if andey can reliably take full advantage of Ross's blazing speed, but it should do wonders for the overall Bengals offense (especially with Mixon). I think he's going to be a fun DFS play because his speed will create room for him underneath to run past everyone on a slant route (aka the Giants' only play in 2016 with ODB).

The easy comp is D-Jax, which is fair, to me. He will be boom-bust and ultimately a fun DFS play or a second flex spot in normal fantasy leagues.

Ultimately I think Ross ends up with more fantasy points from a handful of 70+ TD catches but I think Williams has more week-to-week and PPR value. I think Williams will have trouble with touchdowns, which will drive him down a tad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hahahahahahahaha

No

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Without comment:

https://twitter.com/NeumannNFL/status/866743649379471363

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheRealTesch/status/866880225564540928

STUD👏FELD👏

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

https://twitter.com/pff_jeff/status/804009964796682240

e. that was before the end of the season. He finished the season at 4 drops on 45 targets for an 8.9% rating, but also that is low enough volume that the percentage number isn't very significant. He caught 53.3% of his targets, but we also have to take that number with a big spoonfull of salt because of who was throwing to him and those dude's terrible accuracy.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

Brandon Bolden's drop rate was 50%

https://twitter.com/NeumannNFL/status/866752808946728961

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also I just noticed #2 on that list

god bless

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Vance McDonald can block too though. I know the rumor was that the niners were shopping him during the draft, but now I'm not sure what Shanahan is gonna do with him.

Hes bad at catching footballs.

Really bad.

Really, really bad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I'm pretty sure you said something nice about him in last year's thread

I said if he's fixed his drop issues (which he seemed to be doing last preseason) I'm was on board.

He hasn't.

He's bad.

I also did a whole effort post about how he can only catch a ball when he sits in a zone and then he falls over. In man he constantly braces for impact which is why he has trouble with drops.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

Mitchell Trubisky is going to be trash

:agreed: :same: :yeah:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What does Matt Asiata's signing mean for Zach Zenner's dynasty value, my column (warning, LONG):

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:thejoke:

But people love Zenner more than they should love any 3rd-4th string RB because he ran over a bunch of future used car salesmen two years ago

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Bonus points for the Lions from going all the way from AA to ZZ.

Yeah its pretty Riddickulous

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Abdullah had a better YPC against Tennessee tho:ssh:

And he had 5 targets in the Indy game. I still believe in AA

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Matt Jones is not going to be a Redskin. He was told he's "not part of the plans" for the team.

SAMAJEPERINESAMAJEPERINESAMAJEPERINESAMAJEPERINE

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

FFS I'm working on a breakout/bounceback piece and most of my guys are on Evan Silva's list... Robert Woods, Eric Ebron, Jameis, John Brown

Now I'm looking like I'm just copying Silva.

:negative:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ben Nevis posted:

Is Kamar Aiken at all a possibility?

:laffo:

He's on my list too.

I'd probably be better off just copying Silva tbh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Tank your credibility and hype up ASJ

Obligatory 2017 Christine Michael Hype Piece

Also asj getting a dui and crazying his way off the team was out of my control 💩

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:siren: BSOHL ALERT :siren:

Fat Rob.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I guess I wasn't wrong about Maclin being a non-factor for the Chiefs this year :eyepop:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Matt Harmon has been a huge Albert Wilson fan and was losin his dang mind about him this time last year too. Call me crazy but I don't think Alex Smith's fourth option is worth owning though (Kelce, whichever RB is on the field, Reke Hill) :shrug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lmao have you literally never seen alex smith play he buffs all tes around him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

A few drunken hot takes

Marshawn is a wasted draft pick at his adp

You're literally retarded if you don't take pierre garcon at his adp in ppr

Dak Prescott as the #7 drafted qb is loving stupid

Mariota and Jameis will both be well within the top ten this year

JJ Nelson gonna kill it this year

Colin Kaepernick is being blackballed as we speak but Joe Mixon will be a top 15 RB despite punching a woman in the fuckin face

The NOLA backfield mess is going to make none of them worth starting

Jarvis Landry won't break out of his role and will have an absurdly low ceiling in standard scoring

Ameer Abdullah gonna feast until he fucks himself up again

Jeremy Maclin is gonna be a Raven

Eli Manning is gonna drag down SS, Marshall and EE

• Locked thread