Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm trying to get ahead of things for my week 9 byepocalypse (Bears RBs, Antonio Brown) while still maintaining my lineup and bench this week, so I've got one spot to play with. I've got Demarcus Robinson in there, who seems good given Smith's production and the other injuries to the Chiefs staff, but is it worth it to pick up TJ Yeldon instead? I've got McCaffrey and Forte rounding out the Bears RBs.

14 team, standard ESPN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yeah, it's more looking for any sort of stash play at flex in week 9. Pickings are very slim in 14 team. I'm likely to have to roll with Taylor/McCaff/Forte/Baldwin/Agholor/Brate/Jax/Succop and Robinson felt alright against Dallas in week 9 as a desperate play.

I will not win with that lineup though.

(the chiefs staff injuries I was referencing were just to the WR depth chart but you were very right to lol at me)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'd rather be right with the wrong decision than wrong with the right decision

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Are you in a six team league? What the hell.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RCarr posted:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about multiple leagues my friend.

I forgot that was an option :downs:

I gave up on all but one awhile back and it's been helpful for my sanity, but in seasons like this when you get outrageously screwed by scheduling it's completely maddening

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Just lol if you didn't already have 25 JuJu points scored against you while you started Antonio Brown

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
What is BML?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Kelvin to Buffalo

as someone with Tyrod and McCaffrey, :bisonyes:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that's a lot of numbers to tell me nothing

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MacheteZombie posted:

If you're serious it says that Tyrod doesn't throw into tight coverage very much and Kelvin is always in tight coverage because he can't get separation. (he fat)

Thanks, I didn't quite get it despite the sass. I think that's more worrisome for Benjamin owners than Tyrod owners; at least Tyrod has another functional target at this point or at least a body to draw defense.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
What're the odds he gets suspended for something new before 11/27

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol at someone in my league thinking they can get the Jaguars defense from me for a backup running back

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RisqueBarber posted:

I got them for AP last week. Hoping it works out.

I would consider it for a more reasonable offer, but they're particularly valuable in our slightly-modified scoring format and have almost doubled the first replacement-level defense in a 14-team league (123.0 to 71.0), not to mention their incredibly favorable schedule ROS. Our league as a whole hasn't quite caught up to the value of defenses (most people still spend $1) and it's a market inefficiency I intend to continue taking advantage of.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the Astros ring came with a blood price :smith:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm having a blast trying to trade Gordon because nobody agrees on his value, nor should they. People who value him don't have appropriate guys to trade, and people with good trade candidates don't have value.

Like I'm already 2-6 so I don't care if I have to hold on to him and have a wacky week 13, it's just fun to talk about with people across the league

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cobb got dropped in 14 team (standard, 2 WR 2 RB Flex), is he worth stashing or even starting over Maclin this week?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm really scraping the bottom of the pile here, but who's the best play out of the following guys? Standard scoring, 0PPR, 2 RB/2 WR/1 flex, 14 teams, with an open spot at flex due to byes. Not really happy with any of the options here, but fortunately I already had Forte and Tyrod go, so a high floor/low ceiling sort of player might work out this week.

Jeremy Maclin (@ TEN)
Jalen Richard (@ MIA)
Matt Breida (v ARI)
DeMarcus Robinson (@ DAL)
JJ Nelson or Jaron Brown (@ SF)
Randall Cobb (v DET)

Poque fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 4, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Drunk Nerds posted:

Those all have floors of zero. Gun to my head, Maclin.
Is Lacy available? He's getting the start

I was leaning Maclin as well. Lacy is snagged, people cling to RBs with a death grip in this league.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If your league includes week 17 for the playoffs it should be disbanded.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Would I be giving up too much if I tried turning Antonio Brown and Tarik Cohen into Kareem Hunt and Devante Parker? I would really like the three-headed monster of Howard/Caff/Hunt to go along with Baldwin and Parker ROS. I think it would work well for him with Murray and Abdullah anchored by Brown, Tate, and Hopkins if he can continue to be productive. 14 team, 0 PPR, standard scoring:

Me:
QB: Tyrod Taylor
RB: Howard, McCaffrey, Forte, Cohen
WR: Brown, Baldwin, Maclin, Agholor, (Gordon, Westbrook)
TE: Brate
D: Jags
K: Succop/Butker

Him:
QB: Jameis
RB: Hunt, Murray, Abdullah, Riddick
WR: Hopkins, Tate, Parker, Sanu
TE: Rudolph, Watson
D: Seahawks, Ravens
K: Elliott

I also wouldn't mind upgrading Brate, offering Brown/Cohen for Hunt/Rudolph and going with Maclin as WR2 ROS.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MacheteZombie posted:

As a buck allen owner, should i look into getting woodhead?

Yes, absolutely

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MacheteZombie posted:

He missed most of 2016 (only played 2 games), and only played 1 game before getting hurt this year. Do you think he actually has gas in the tank still?

I think he'll be fine there, the big thing is opportunity. He should be stealing those carries/targets.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Decided to pass on the Hunt things to see if I can turn any of my extra WRs into some lower-end RBs, or maybe turn Baldwin into a higher RB. 14 teams, 0 PPR, ESPN standard, 2 RB/2 WR/1 FLEX. One opponent has a glut of RBs.

Me:
QB: Tyrod Taylor
RB: Howard, McCaffrey, Forte, Cohen
WR: Brown, Baldwin, Maclin, Agholor, (Gordon, Westbrook)
TE: Brate
D: Jags
K: Succop/Butker (before waivers)

Him:
QB: Dak
RB: Freeman, McKinnon, Ajayi, Drake, Charles, Lacy
WR: Fuller, Michael Thomas, Ginn, Roger Lewis
TE: Graham
D: Lions
K: Tucker

I've thrown Agholor for Drake at him and would be quite happy with that, since I'm unlikely to start Agholor ROS and I think he's a WR upgrade over Fuller for this guy. I think I'd also be willing to try to flip Baldwin for McKinnon as well. Do these make any sense? Should I be shooting for less or more?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Bears have an extremely favorable playoff schedule.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

pubic works project posted:

Would you straight up drop the Eagles defense for them for this week?

No, but depending on your bench and future bye situation I would consider carrying both. If you've got somebody two down on your own depth chart and don't have any bad bye weeks remaining, that person is pretty much expendable.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Collins

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

dxt posted:

Worth it to drop Fuller for Agholor in .5PPR? Savage looked really bad and my only other droppable WR would be Doctson, but I need someone to play this week.

I'm currently trying to flip Agholor to the Fuller owner in my league because I think Agholor is better than Fuller ROS, so I say yes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

pubic works project posted:

So I didn't get the Bears D/ST. These are my current options.

Saints @ Buffalo
Jets @ TB
Cowboys @ Atlanta
Skins @ Minnesota

Jets then Saints

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
standard scoring, 0 PPR, how do we expect the following three to shake out in order?

Freeman, Ajayi, McKinnon

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Liquid Banjo posted:

Standard 0ppr

Just got an offer:
Javorius Allen for my Alfred Morris

Bad deal due to Woodhead returning soon, right?

You get: nothing
He gets: something

RCarr posted:

This trade just went down (non-ppr)

AJ Green and Demarco Murray for Jay Ajayi

The guy who's getting Green and Murray is the clear winner right? Or am I just going off of name recognition here?

I think the Green guy wins but Ajayi has some really good potential behind that line in Philly and Murray has been terrible. I don't hate it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kiimo posted:

.5 PPR

Give DeAndre Hopkins
Get Alvin Kamara

My team:

That's brutal given that Hopkins got SIXTEEN TARGETS this past week from Savage. I think I like Kamara/Ajayi/Hill/Matthews more than Ajayi/Johnson/Hopkins/Hill ROS though. I would accept.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kloaked00 posted:

In other news, Forte didn't practice again today because of his knee, so it seems like he'd be unlikely to play this week @TB. Powell could be a good play this week since the backfield is essentially only his, plus he has the talent to back up the opportunity

Guess I'm hitching my ride to the Howard/Cohen tandem wagon this week off the bye. At least Green Bay sucks now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Alfalfa posted:

I texted his off-season trainer who still helps with in-season programming.

It’s in pretty bad shape...

My uncle who works at the Patriots says he's starting this weekend.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This is stupid, but Butker or Succop ROS? Or is it impossible to predict and I should just go with whoever I like more?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Buttkicker it is, thanks!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

shyduck posted:

I'm being offered in a trade, 0.5 PPR:

QB Jared Goff
WR Chris Hogan

for:

WR Antonio Brown

Hogan should be coming back this week, but I'm concerned his absence will result in limited usage going forward. My other WRs are Dez Bryant and Nelson Agholor, so no world-beaters there.

My current QB, Matt Ryan, has been disappointingly average this year. Goff is tempting, but the 2nd half of the Rams schedule is supposed to beef up.

Also FWIW, I'm sitting 1.5 GB from a playoff spot due to just an atrocious last 4 weeks.

absolutely not

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Scraping the bottom of the barrel here, how would you rank Burkhead, Ekeler, and Rod Smith going forward? Standard scoring, 0 PPR.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm low on Evans since his QB situation is murky but that's a no-brainer accept for a guy you shouldn't be using ROS anyway.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that is significantly different than Goff for Evans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Grabbed Fitz to replace Tyrod for at least this week. Is Goff a better grab? Someone just dropped him so I can put in a waiver claim.

e: standard scoring, 14 teams. Other "top" WW options: Keenum, Dalton, Siemian :gonk:

Poque fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 15, 2017

• Locked thread