Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Alfalfa posted:

Hopefully you think Rudolph has a better floor than any Washington TE as well.

The Giants are poo poo garbage against TEs and Davis has been good the last couple of weeks. I need to stop trying to be smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
EDIT: Never mind.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

on the bored wop posted:

I traded for Evan Engram right before he put up two very weak games. I can't imagine this does much for him.

Contract the Giants.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

You don't ask your HOF, iron man, franchise QB for the last 13 years if he wants to start. It's implied that he starts. Especially if he's not the reason that the team sucks.

But hey man you gotta see what Geno fuckin' Smith can do!

:suicide:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RVProfootballer posted:

Feels weird to say, but I definitely wouldn't want to be team 1 here. Adams has earned a ton of value this year, as has Hyde. Montgomery is meh, Robinson is still a good hold but would you really bank on him being a significant upgrade on Adams with Rodgers back, with what Adams has done this year? I don't know that I give up Adams for Robinson straight up.

Yeah, it seems like a weird play for the future based on guys who you hope will bounce back to prominence?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Shep barely seemed worth playing at any point this season, even with Eli.

And I say that as somebody who definitely went after him in drafts.

Engram isn't as egregious because TE is such a fuckshow coinflip.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MacheteZombie posted:

Haha I did the same thing last week

Just did that now. He was an FA in all three leagues...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MacheteZombie posted:

I have him and Jordy stashed. Just need to win next week. Or get Rodgers back early.

I had a feeling it will be a wash since I have Tom Brady on two teams and Big Ben on the third, and didn't think anybody else I would be facing in the playoffs would be looking for a QB but there are a couple of Brees and Matty Ice havers in there so who knows...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Alvin Kamara is a loving robot made to just demolish everything week in and week out and I love him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RVProfootballer posted:

In my main league, he went undrafted, and I was sooo close to grabbing him week 4. Instead, I would up with Jermaine Kearse or some garbage man that I dropped after a week or two, and my multi-year nemesis has ridden him from bottom or 2nd from bottom of the league to a matchup vs me this week for 3rd place. Easily my single biggest regret this fantasy year :saddowns:

I picked him up off the wire in week 2 in all of my leagues, including for $0 in my FAAB league somehow.

I'm already wondering what his ADP is gonna be in 2018.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Alfalfa posted:

AJ was thrown out of the game though which was basically a suspension

He also didn't concuss a dude, did he?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Going into Monday night down a dozen points feels pretty bleak unless your remaining player is Le'Veon Bell :getin:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
1st place and a bye, clinched w/ 3rd seed (loving divisions), and 4th seed.

Not a bad year overall, too bad the 12-1, 12-win streak team isn't for money.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 5, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Skip My Posts posted:

drat gonna miss out on a bye with the 2nd best record because of divisional poo poo. i dont understand why winning a division should matter when every team plays each other

I'm in the same situation, but this week is really a bye for me because I've already clinched the playoff spot. Maybe see if that's your case too?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mastershakeman posted:

got #1 seed in my league and #1 overall points for first time in ten years heck yes

my friend showed me the league leader in his 12 team league - guy has gurley, Kamara, ab84, Keenan Allen, thielen and Jax defense

My 12-1 team has Gurley, Kamara, and Bell. My WRs are a mess across all three leagues but that RB corps helps make up for it (I have Kamara everywhere, and Bell in two out of three.)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Skip My Posts posted:

our playoffs start this week, 12 team league. 6 teams in playoffs 2 byes to each division winner

Ah, I also keep forgetting that most playoffs start this week.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
After the season ends Yahoo does round ups of who was on the winning rosters across all leagues, right?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

decypher posted:

You can already sorta do that now in the Research tab, then Who's Hot. You'll see the MVP section, which has the players most rostered on 1st place teams.

Antonio Brown
Todd Gurley
Alvin Kamara

So yeah, pretty much exactly what I figured. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Also somebody talk me out of starting Burkhead in the flex in the quarterfinals please, it feels so wrong.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 7, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Alfalfa posted:

I'm so glad I passed on Gurley (took Bell, Ajayi, & M. Thomas) this year since he was a straight up bust for me last year. :suicide:

I hope you die a slow horrible death Jeff Fisher for causing me so much hate towards a RB who went and totally redeemed himself this year.

I was really leery of Gurley this year and only picked him up one one team, but I do remember one time last year I was on the phone with my dad while I had a Rams game on, and at one point I cut him off and said "Imagine how good Gurley would be on a good team..."

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
*in extremely David Seville voice*

AAAAALLLLLVVVIIIIINNNNNNNN

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

The next step in preseason fantasy analysis is understanding that an offense is an ecosystem, which is shockingly absent. Experts like to zoom in on the talent and go ehhhhhhhh everything else will work out.

This is the things that kills me about everything on fantasy sites. Everything is so massively context dependent and the "This team has given up the most points to TEs" blurbs are worthless unless you're weighting so many things.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

Holy poo poo was the quitters Bengals D a bad idea.

loving Green Bay are letting me down in a huge way right now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Silly Burrito posted:

I made every wrong choice possible today.

Derp.

Same.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I need Burkhead to score 20+ more points than Cooks to stay alive in one league. Which...may happen?

I should have played Kupp over loving Mike Evans, godammit.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I just realized I may have been facing Wentz in both playoffs I'm still in, so my stashing Aaron Rodgers is definitely making me feel very good and smart right now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Between blocking Wentz-havers from getting him and now probably overreacting to Brady's week, I am so loving glad to have Rodgers as an option on my benches.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
*clears throat*

Christine Michael Davis

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VietCampo posted:

Do any of you guys have punishments for coming in last place? if so what are some suggestions?

In my brother's money/friends from college league, if somebody goes a perfect 0 wins, they have to get "0-16" tattooed on the inside of their lower lip.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Yahoo now has seemingly arbitrary 1-1000 manager rankings.

920 over here :smug:

Goddammit I won my league when we were still using ESPN :mad:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

KingKapalone posted:

Should I hang on to Butker or Elliot as a Kicker from a matchup perspective? I think Butker is good this week, but next week Elliot plays Oakland which has given up the most K points.

I would keep riding Elliot, Foles should be able to at least get them in FG range with regularity, right?

Alfalfa posted:

I dropped Elliot for Coon in one league and Elliot for Butker in another.

Don’t trust him now without Wentz to move the ball.

Dammit you're way better at fantasy than me so now I'm doubting myself hard.

EDIT: The Eagles are playing the Giants, so I'm ok with Elliot this week.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 13, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Diqnol posted:

I don't know how you guys use the Yahoo interface. It sickened me to play in that yahoo league once.

For football I vastly prefer Yahoo.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Zauper posted:

Yahoo is ugly, poorly designed (though frankly that's a 'feature' of all fantasy leagues) and incredibly slow due to the terrible ads they run.

My computer regularly crashes when I spend a reasonable amount of time on my yahoo leagues. I have no issues anywhere else.

Look at this loser not running an ad blocker.

But for real I think ESPN is the far uglier, worse designed one.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Leperflesh posted:

If you started with Yahoo, you hate ESPN (because it's wildly different and you're lost trying to do anything). If you started with ESPN, you hate Yahoo (for exactly the same reasons). This is how people always react with obtuse, horrible user interfaces: it's the root of the ancient vi vs. emacs debate, for example.

I actually started on ESPN and pretty much made every one of my leagues switch to Yahoo after I used it for a work league. I actually prefer ESPN for baseball though.

Yahoo has a better draft interface than ESPN in both sports, though. ESPN's whole interface feels very dated now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

illcendiary posted:

Rudolph out again today, for those rostering him. Looking doubtful for Sunday so make moves as appropriate.

Real glad I picked up Henry earlier this week for reasons that I can't recall right now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I was projected to win my remaining work/money league, and now I'm getting blown the gently caress out. :saddowns:

Looks like I should have played Aaron over Tom, but even then I don't think there's any way I could have won this.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Poque posted:

I am 100% not okay with this first name basis thing you've done here

They're probably the only two people I would do that with.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hm, I had a feeling my "keeper" rate is going to be pretty high on my championship team...

Week 1:
QB: Tom Brady
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Doug Martin, Latavius Murray
WR: Kelvin Benjamin, Jamison Crowder, Brandon Marshall, Corey Coleman, Sterling Shepard, Tyler Lockett
TE: Jimmy Graham
DST: New England
K: Dustin Hopkins

Week 15:
QB: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Alvin Kamara, Jamaal Williams, Chris Ivory
WR: Jamison Crowder*, Josh Gordon, Marquise Goodwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jesse James
DST: New Orleans, Tennessee
K: Robbie Gould

I guess I was right that my starters didn't actually change too much once I picked up Alvin, and I knew coming out of the draft that my WRs were shaky, so the churn there doesn't surprise me at all. Also a lot of drops happened in the last few weeks, I feel like.

*I dropped and re-added Jamison part-way through the season.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
If you get a unanimous vote, you can make it keeper right now. I think if you get a unanimous vote on anything it's a clear mandate to make a change.

Otherwise, yeah, make it known that after the next draft it's keeper and for the love of God put in some kind of inflationary system for keepers.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Two 4th place finishes and a 1st place. Of course, the 4th place leagues were the ones with money in them.

Still, the 1st place team lost week 1 and then never again, :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/tribjoerutter/status/946483000514097159

• Locked thread