Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Benne posted:

Mike "loving hates rookies" Zimmer can't stop gushing about Dalvin Cook. Make of that what you will (also Latavius is still hurt so he may not have a choice)

I still don't trust Zimmer and I would be a lot less skeptical if his ADP were two rounds later, but the longer Murray is out who the gently caress knows? I definitely said that there was plenty of room to double back on "don't draft Cook" if Murray's recovery is slower than anticipated, and so far that's definitely been the case. If he can get on the field before the preseason is over and looks good, then that gets really murky and he becomes a great late draft pickup as his ADP wouldn't have much time to rise.

Keep in mind that a lot of people at Vikings camp like Bishop loving Sankey right now too so lol meet the new boss same as the old boss

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

free josh gordon

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Jordan Reed + Smart TE streaming = Top 3 TE numbers in your league

Streaming TEs in the playoffs when Reed is out with hot brains = a bad TE and a wasted draft pick

Unless you're doing best ball, DFS, or some kind of weird Roto football league, there's literally no reason to draft a guy that's going to maybe play 9 games

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Benne posted:

People sleep on Stafford every year and he puts up perfectly good numbers while still being dirt cheap. At least that's been my go-to recently.

The guy you're looking for is actually Philip Rivers

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

Wasn't touching Watkins/JMatt before the trade, nothing has changed.

did anyone empty quote this yet??

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Ok, need some help on my 2nd keeper that's due by saturday.

I'm already keeping Jordy Nelson in the 9th round, but i have multiple options for my 2nd one that i can't make up my mind.

keeper round cost in parentheses

Tyreek (10th)
Spencer Ware (10th)
Powell (13th)
Davante Adams (10th)

1 PPR

I am probably in the minority, but I like Powell there.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

*the ghost of vincent jackson rattles his chains and moans* dooooooon't draaaft djaaax ooooutsiiide of bessstttbaaaaaaaalll

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ayudo posted:

What if he was Kurt Cousins all along.

E: to add content, draft Burkhead across the board before people realize how much work he's going to get.

https://twitter.com/CDCarter13/status/841752577821798401

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Snake draft is like playing crazy 8s, auction is like playing poker. Just so much more subtle strategy and knowing how to read the room. Adds a whole extra element to it. After doing one auction, I never had the desire to do a snake draft again

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Guys I heard it

The hottest take

Just had a guy tell me in all sincerity that Ted Ginn is going to lead the Saints in receiving

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ben Nevis posted:

Depends on whether I thought I was more likely to get a better QB or RB at that spot. In a vacuum, I favor 2 QB, but I'd go through and take a look at who everyone else is likely to keep and see who you might get in your spot and use that to inform my decision.

the question no one is asking is what carr+allen+jones (or carr + allen/jones I guess) would cost then drafting best QB available at some point in the first two rounds

e: I'd imagine that'd be the best CONTRARIAN PLAY considering that since it's a keeper, people might be dumb and not think about the fact that it's still a superflex, start drafting whatever top/decent tier talent is left, and allow QBs to fall a bit. lol @ them if you could get ryan in the first and keep the rest of those dudes

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 29, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Mikey Purp posted:

Carr + Allen + Jones would not be possible.
Carr + Allen = 8th rounder
Carr + Jones = 3rd and an 8th

Also possible:
Ryan + McCoy + Allen for a 1st and an 8th.
Ryan + Julio for a 4th and an 8th

Ryan+Jones costs less than Carr+Jones? If you think you can get Carr (or another solid QB1) in the first three rounds, I would keep Ryan and Jones for the 4th and 8th and not look back.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The guy that is really going to benefit from Jordy getting healthy is Cobb. With the emergence of Adams on the outside, he's going ro slide back into the slot. He has historically abused nickel corners. Dude is going to be an ADP sleeper because everyone is drafting him based on what he's done as an outside WR over various points during the last 3 years, completely ignoring that he's a completely different WR working from the inside. I'm willing to go on hot take record that he's going to outscore pretty much every one of the WRs going a round before him, and probably everyone going after him

kiimo posted:

As safe as a player who missed a season tearing an ACL can be I suppose.

I want so desperately to be petty and pull up charleschat from last year right now

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 30, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

I haven't paid attention, what guys are going like 1-2 rounds ahead of him?

Maclin, Jackson, Moncrief, Garcon, Snead, Parker.

The only guys going after the 5th round I would take over Cobb are Marshall and maybe Decker.

Cobb is going at the end of the 8th, right around the same spot as Decker, Maclin/Jackson/Moncreif are going around 7/8, the rest are going around 6/7

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 31, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jon GoonTier it rules, also there's still barely enough time for 12 additional people to join so we can scramble together a tier C :q:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

How does the draft work for the one that gets elevated? Does he inherit the relegated team's keepers?

The three teams that get demoted get their eligible players put into a pool and there's a supplemental draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Keenan Allen is sawft

(He's going to score like 300 pts this year because I didn't draft him anywhere after being burned two years in a row)

• Locked thread