Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
^^^

All true except, there is a fair chance that AP is completely washed and a shell of himself, which would make Ingram a high end RB2 by midseason. For all he's done for us, he's still a 32 year old RB who hasn't had a 100 yard rushing game in 21 months, and who looked absolutely terrible in his two games last year before suffering a devastating injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I've never heard of a no-waiver league that wasn't done that way on accident by a rookie Commish.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Marlon Mack gets a little more appeal as a late round flyer/cuff.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Just realized Week 16 concludes on Christmas night with a Raiders-Eagles game.

Prepare to be estranged from your families.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Why would David Johnson fall out of the top 3 in anything but a public free league with 3 maniacs picking 1-3? I'd be more concerned about having to make a decision about Zeke if he fell out of the top 3, considering his woman issues, constant car wrecks, and smaller sample size.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Have Kevin White be the sleeper and Meredith the bust, because that's probably the only way you can finish the article whether you believe it's true or not. (It's probably not)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

How can a guy with a 13th round ADP be a bust?

That's the problem, all the Bears players that are being drafted are deserving of their ADP. Howard is a low-end RB1 that goes in round 2. Meredith is a small sample size WR2/flex as the (maybe) #1 receiver on a bad team with bad QBs. White is a flier who has done nothing in the rare instances he was healthy.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I guess you could make the point that White is a wasted pick and you'd be better off drafting Jonathan Williams or Hooper or a high-end kicker if you use kickers.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Tampa Mike was good for a couple years. Then he busted. Then he disappeared.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'm behind schedule on fantasy football this year, but I've finally renewed the Goon Money League for 2017! We've got at least 1 empty spot to start, and I'm sure there will be a couple more.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828115&pagenumber=1#lastpost

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Charles' ADP is 8.12? That's a stiff price for a player who has a decent chance of being cut and never seen again. Booker's injury lessens those chances assuming he has anything at all left, but still.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Papes posted:

lol if you haven't drafted at least 1 money league by now

...no? I have one draft after Week 1 of the preseason, and that's only because it's in-person and that was the only date everyone could make. Every other one is after Week 3. And it's especially worse to draft early this year since a top 5 pick has a looming suspension that could be anywhere from 1-6 games.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

Andrew Luck probably starts the season on PUP - or misses a few games at least (Tolzein time)

This is not accurate based on what is known right now.

Although if I was drafting today, he's still hands off. Let someone else deal with it.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

A bit of reading between the lines/projection on my part, but read this article and tell me it sounds like Luck is going to be ready Week 1:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport..._medium=twitter

Negative news/pessimism is worth paying close attention to during training camp amidst the sunshine and roses puff pieces that are written about seemingly everyone. They are laying the groundwork for him to miss a few games to start the season IMO

I see your point, but it's just too early to tell if they really think he'd miss games. And PUPing him would essentially make this a lost season for them, barring a miracle.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Disregard everything I said about not worrying about Luck yet. PUP is indeed an option.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts-camp-process-being-stressed-above-all-as-andrew-luck-remains-sidelined/

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Doltos posted:

I'd keep Graham definitely and maybe Stafford. I plan on taking Meredith that late this year anyway so maybe he'll be available when you toss him back into the pool.

Meredith should be long gone by the 13th round. Especially since Kevin White appears to be an injury-prone headcase.

I'd keep Graham as well, especially since he's another year removed from his injury.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Disregard

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Could it be.....?

https://twitter.com/JOSH_GORDONXII/status/893509020732055557

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Benne posted:

Gordon hasn't even applied for reinstatement (again, after getting it rejected in the spring) and the NFL is still dragging its feet on Martavis Bryant, whom people actually expect to be back.

But sure, keep pinning your hopes on the flake who hasn't played meaningful football in THREE GODDAMN YEARS.

I wasn't serious.

In fact Gordon-chat is even worse than TE-chat, IMO. TE's are poo poo but they at least exist, unlike Gordon's career.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

89 posted:

So, anybody doing any $$$ auction leagues? I'd like to get into one auction league this season. Never done one before. Kind of looking for cash prizes though.

You can jump on my waitlist here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828115

League's almost full, but you never know.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Should be fun to use this as an experiment to see how long it takes sites to update projections.

Also LOL everything.

I have a draft on Sunday so I'm basically going to need you to work on this for the next 40 hours without sleeping. Thanks in advance.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Are there Beersheets yet? I have a draft today. There's no link in the OP.

edit: found em

coronaball fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 13, 2017

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Zypher posted:

Click Their Posts for Beer. He's posted them.

Googling "reddit beersheets 2017" worked too. :rolleye:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I drunk drafted this yesterday. 12 man league, 0.5 PPR, 6 pt passing TD. I had 11th pick.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Melvin Gordon
3. Ty Montgomery
4. Marshawn Lynch
5. Golden Tate
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Frank Gore
8. Duke Johnson
9. Devante Parker
10. Zach Ertz
11. Eric Decker
12. Rex Burkhead
13. Nelson Agholor (I was hammered by this point)
14. Eagles defense

Overall, pretty happy. RB's are solid. I didn't want to pick Lynch but he was kind of just sitting there. My WR aren't exciting, but they are high floor. Ertz has top 5 TE upside this year IMO

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Tiptoes posted:

I think you're in a good position to start the year hot. I feel like a lot could go wrong on you in different places but poo poo you've got talented starters at RB until you don't. Waiver moves will help keep you steady until Elliott returns. And I wouldn't be surprised if several of your WRs start hot too. Also Aaron Rodgers and maybe Andrew Luck sooner than later? Feels like the sort've team that could go 5-0 before anything starts going wrong. Which is plenty of time to adjust.

A team with Andrew Luck and Zeke as 3rd and 4th round picks is not in a position to "start the year hot" I don't mind either pick where they were taken given it's a 2 QB league, but he should just be happy to tread water until those players get back. Once they're back and he finds a hot WR on waivers, its a fine team.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

As commissioner I haven't put in the players for my family league, so I get first dibs. Who should I drop?

QB: Luck (7)
RB: Todd Gurley (3), Theo Riddick (8), Thomas Rawls (10), James White (11), DeAndre Washington (12), CJ Prosise (13)
WR: Julio Jones (1), Amari Cooper (2), Stefon Diggs (5), Emmanuel Sanders (6), John Brown (9)
TE: Travis Kelce (4)
DST: Jaguars (14)

Will probably drop Jags and pick up Burkhead.

I'd feel fine dropping either Washington or Prosise unless it's 1 PPR. And even then I'd probably still do it.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Saddamnit posted:

Is that a bump up for Zay then?

Couldn't help but be.

It's also time to stop drafting Tyrod in 1QB leagues. In fact, it was probably time for that after the Watkins trade.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm leaning towards Washington, who would only have value if Lynch goes down. Thoughts?

Do that quickly. Carr shouldn't be unowned. Even if Luck was healthy I'd do this simply so an opponent couldn't have him.

What QB's are owned over Carr? Big Ben? Dak? That's terrible.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Is the Beersheets page down for anyone else?

edit: not down, just slooooooooooooow to load

coronaball fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 23, 2017

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I drafted for my main league last night. 12 man league, 0 PPR, 4 pt passing TD, 30 return yards/pt

QB: Wilson (7)
RB: David Johnson (1) Marshawn (3) Doug Martin (6) Terrance West (8) Sproles (11) Chris Carson (15)
WR: Doug Baldwin (2) Tyreek (4) Crabtree (5) Decker (10)
TE: Ertz (9)
K: Tucker (12)
Def: Car (13)

I agonized on Marshawn over Crowell. Tyreek seduced me with the return yards and big play ability. I chose Sproles over Jamaal Williams, that may have been dumb in 0 PPR, even with the return yards.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

and who the gently caress is Chris Carson.

Saving this for after Lacy is cut and Rawls and Prosise go down. In fact, they're both banged up already!

I thought I could take some risk with Marshawn and Doug Martin since I have DJ

Normally I'd agree about not taking a K and Defense but my entire sleeper list was gone so I figured I'd just take the value in Tucker and Car vs. SF Week 1.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Lynch over Crowell isn't a good choice.

Who was your mystery 14th round pick? Backup kicker?

The draft was 14 rounds. That's a typo. No backup kickers ever, even during Tuckers bye!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

OxySnake posted:

Question for you league managers.

Im starting a 12 person league with a 20$ buy in.

Payouts look like this

1st: 140$
2nd: 60$
3rd: 20$

Which leaves 20. What is a good way to incentive people to keep up with the league so they have a chance for that 20. I was thinking something like "Highest weekly total"

But I am looking for other ideas that people might have.

Thoughts?

$20 / 13 weeks is about a $1.50 per week. Not much of an incentive.

I'd take the 3rd place money and the extra $20 and make that a prize for best regular season record.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

What if Ware or Ty Montgomery tear an ACL this weekend? It's a bad trade not only based on the players involved, but on the timing.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'm stuck in an 8 man league that can't attract more people. I was thinking to make it so everyone doesn't have a superteam, we'd do the following.

2QB/2RB/3WR/2TE/Def/1 IDP

Are there any other tactics we can use to make this interesting?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Why would Martavis be unstartable unless he gets suspended again? He should be a WR2 when Pit is home and a flex type when they are away (since Big Bens home/road splits are so drastic.) He doesn't belong in the same sentence as those other two.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

dropped my defense and added Chris Hogan.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Yeah, drop your kicker or your last bench player for Hogan immediately.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/901230201748692992

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Kevin White wasn't drafted. Would you drop John Brown for him?

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST, Half PPR:

QB: Luck, Carr
RB: Gurley, Rawls, Riddick, White, Prosise, Burkhead
WR: Julio, Cooper, Diggs, Sanders, John Brown
TE: Kelce

I'll probably wait until tonight to see if Brown plays, but between the coach and his lack of playing time it's hard to maintain enthusiasm.

Chris Thompson is also available, as is Chris Carson.
Brown is alive again!

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/901592122322706432

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The Beersheets page appears to be dead again. :(

• Locked thread