Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

drafting haushka before Beer can get his grubby mitts on him again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Did you guys know there's a David Johnson who plays TE for Pittsburgh? That would have been a fun way to start things off.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the draft thing only shows 16 rounds, are we doing 20 or 16 this is important to my first round draft strategy

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
20, per the settings page.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK it's just MFL's amazing website design in action

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

OK it's just MFL's amazing website design in action

This.

teacherkate
Jun 28, 2008
Hi! I'm Beer's wife.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

teacherkate posted:

Hi! I'm Beer's wife.

Can confirmed a real woman was dumb charitable enough to marry me.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

with the second pick, Zeke's Freekz is born

:flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: is up next

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So what are the scoring settings and where can I find it?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

At the very top of the UI, click Reports > Rules > League Scoring

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

At the very top of the UI, click Reports > Rules > League Scoring

Thanks. I really hate that site.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Thanks. I really hate that site.

It has the advantage of being free though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Are there roster limits? How does the scoring work? Dies if automatically calculate the top scorers at their position to fill out the starting lineup? Or it cumulative and just the total of everyone's drafted players is added on a weekly basis?

My first time doing one of these and gotta plan it right. :)

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Sataere posted:

Are there roster limits? How does the scoring work? Dies if automatically calculate the top scorers at their position to fill out the starting lineup? Or it cumulative and just the total of everyone's drafted players is added on a weekly basis?

My first time doing one of these and gotta plan it right. :)

On the "other league settings" page:

quote:

STARTING LINEUP SETUP
Total Starters: 10
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RBs: 2-3
Number of Starting WRs: 3-4
Number of Starting TEs: 1-2
Number of Starting Defs: 1

The ROSTER POSITION LIMITS SETUP section is blank, so I don't think we've got mins or maxs set.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Locked and loaded. Whichever pittsburg guy Dicks doesn't pick, i will nab

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
What is happening?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

What is happening?

Waiting on RisqueBarber.

I was at least hoping for people to get through their first round before instituting a 24 hour pick clock. If I don't see anything before 8PM EST tomorrow I'll force a pick and move on.

:cmon:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

When you said a slow draft, you weren't kidding! :v:

Sataere fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 7, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Waiting on RisqueBarber.

I was at least hoping for people to get through their first round before instituting a 24 hour pick clock. If I don't see anything before 8PM EST tomorrow I'll force a pick and move on.

I think CMike is still available for an auto pick. haha

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
timp is up.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Waiting on RisqueBarber.

Sorry everyone, I was at a wedding.

Took OBJ then an hour later forgot the giants picked up Brandon Marshall. Hope it works out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

Sorry everyone, I was at a wedding.

Took OBJ then an hour later forgot the giants picked up Brandon Marshall. Hope it works out.

I think teams will be forced to cover b-marsh which should benefit obj.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
ODB deserves to be the 1.01 pick for this alone.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I think #7 might be the worst possible draft spot this year. 1-6 are pretty obviously some combo of the players you guys already took. Julio/ODB/AB are in a different tier than AJ Green/Evans/Dez. Similarly, David Johnson/Leveon/Zeke are in a different tier than Gordon/McCoy/Howard/Ajayi etc. The #7 spot has terrible value.

Anyway, I took Melvin Gordon. 3rd season, still improving, facing no competition for carries, and playing with what should be an improved O-line and offense in general.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

coronaball posted:

I think #7 might be the worst possible draft spot this year. 1-6 are pretty obviously some combo of the players you guys already took. Julio/ODB/AB are in a different tier than AJ Green/Evans/Dez. Similarly, David Johnson/Leveon/Zeke are in a different tier than Gordon/McCoy/Howard/Ajayi etc. The #7 spot has terrible value.

Anyway, I took Melvin Gordon. 3rd season, still improving, facing no competition for carries, and playing with what should be an improved O-line and offense in general.

Honestly it looks like starting from mid 1st to the end of the 2nd is a crap shoot.

I've been thinking about who i should grab at 12th and 13th overall but i can't make up my drat mind.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Really? I have my next 15 mapped out already.

I also don't think 7 was too bad a spot. I am honestly very happy with 11, because I feel like I am getting someone who is gonna be a boss. I wouldn't be surprised if I get two of my top four on the turn.

I think right around the mid third round is where things will get messy.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Also let's not all forget that it's loving May right now. Everything is unclear.

The first round will surely solidify as we get closer to when real drafts typically happen. That being said, your guesses now are probably just as valid as those guesses. heyooooooo

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
1.10 Dez Bryant
2.03 Devonta Freeman

Even after his injuries, I doubt I'll be dropping Dez any in my rankings. He's just too good at finding the end zone and ought to get fed in year 2 of the Dak Prescott Era.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Sataere posted:

Really? I have my next 15 mapped out already.

I also don't think 7 was too bad a spot. I am honestly very happy with 11, because I feel like I am getting someone who is gonna be a boss. I wouldn't be surprised if I get two of my top four on the turn.

I think right around the mid third round is where things will get messy.

Got two of my top two. :)

timp posted:

Also let's not all forget that it's loving May right now. Everything is unclear.

The first round will surely solidify as we get closer to when real drafts typically happen. That being said, your guesses now are probably just as valid as those guesses. heyooooooo

While I agree things will change on overall consensus, I disagree about it being unclear.

I think training camp will highlight which rookies are the flavor of the month and injuries will take certain guys off the board, but if you aren't making your own draft list, you are doing it wrong.

Having said that, everything after round five will be anarchy. :v:

EDIT:
Jordan Howard is the number four running back and I think he is closer to the top three than the rest of the class. This is pure homerism in me.

Jordy Nelson is a beast. I had him slightly over AJ and Mike Evans because I feel like they are more boom/bust, but I would've been happy with either.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 9, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Tiptoes posted:

1.10 Dez Bryant
2.03 Devonta Freeman

Even after his injuries, I doubt I'll be dropping Dez any in my rankings. He's just too good at finding the end zone and ought to get fed in year 2 of the Dak Prescott Era.

I hope you're right but I think Dak will have an RG3 kind of second year

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Hilton at ~17th overall was the best pick of this draft, so far

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Mike Evans is an easy pick. Great history, little change in his offense, and if anything could be in an even better situation with DeSean Jackson helping loosen up defenses.

Amari Cooper could be where Mike Evans was last year. Two 1000 yard seasons, great offense, etc. I would have preferred TY Hilton but I really can't complain.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yup.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

If it wasn't Jordy, TY and Cooper were next up. Every loving year, everyone forgets just how good Jordy is. Didn't he end the year as the number one?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just a heads up, I pick next and I'll probably use a lot of my 24 hours. I've got some great choices left, and I want to enjoy discussing them with my buddies

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was kind of torn. I got Julio in the first round so I felt I needed one of the clear RB1s left on the chart. Lamar got hurt a bit last year and still managed decent numbers, and the Texans QB situation is still pretty unclear. They drafted a rookie RB who should be good to go, but I can't see them not leaning heavily on Miller at least for this year, because what are the odds this new guy is a zeke right out the gate?

I'm still not sure I grabbed the right guy, but of the top 5 RBs remaining that I want, I'm not sure any of them will still be there at my next pick.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Lamar Miller was the next RB on my list, for what it's worth. I think his numbers should improve by virtue of losing Brock.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My problem is I've drafted Lamar Miller onto a lot of teams over the last three years and I'm not confident that I can still be objective about him. I've had this problem with fantasy in the past, I get locked onto particular players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Fair enough. I think I am objective about him and his draft position looks about right. Doesn't mean he won't still suck. :v:

• Locked thread