Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

2.06 DeAndre Hopkins - They say Deshaun Watson is a one-read QB, hopefully that one read is to his big rear end receiver that goes and gets it as good as anybody.

Also, although they didn't play together, they both went to Clemson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

I SAID DON'T PICK MY GUYS!!!

one guy left, three picks before me...
Don't take my guy
Don't take my guy
Don't take my guy

Thank you. My two guys were brady and demayr

0 WR strategy looking p good

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'm not sure how I feel about Brady. On the one hand, there is no denying he has been dominant. On the other hand, I worry that Roger Goodell found the painting he has been hiding in his attic.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

4.07 #43 Michael Crabtree

Technically a WR2 behind Amari Cooper, but I've been paying attention. Crabs gets a lot of TD looks (last year he scored 9 to cooper's 4), he's the go-to guy while Cooper draws heavier coverage, and of the WRs left he's one of the few busting 1000 yards and 7+ TDs last year. All of his stats rose from 2015 to 2016, which is a very good sign for a veteran, and the Raiders in general are on an upswing. In best ball format I'm less concerned about injury potential and I don't see any of the other WRs on the roster cutting into his targets much.

I wanted DT here, it was obviously not going to fall to me, and looking through the next ten or so WRs in ADP, Crabtree stood out. One or two other 1k+ yard scoring WRs there but their various situations make me uneasy.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
4.06 Ty Montgomery

Although we have a very small sample size, he's the starting running back on a very good team with a bunch of nobodies behind him. Almost went CJ Anderson or Beast Mode.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Sataere posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about Brady. On the one hand, there is no denying he has been dominant. On the other hand, I worry that Roger Goodell found the painting he has been hiding in his attic.
I kinda feel like if I just took Brady in the 1st and autodrafted the rest, I would still have at least an 80% chance of making the playoffs.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I'd like to trade my 51st pick (5.03). I'm asking for a 7th and a 9th. Any takers?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

4.07 #43 Michael Crabtree

Crabtree is seriously undervalued and will remain so even when fantasy season comes around.

Tiptoes posted:

I kinda feel like if I just took Brady in the 1st and autodrafted the rest, I would still have at least an 80% chance of making the playoffs.

I hear you, but I feel like those odds are longer and longer each season.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RisqueBarber posted:

I'd like to trade my 51st pick (5.03). I'm asking for a 7th and a 9th. Any takers?

I'll do it, I need to stock up on these mid round WRs.
I've got pick 4 so you'd get back to back picks in 7 and 9

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'll do it, I need to stock up on these mid round WRs.
I've got pick 4 so you'd get back to back picks in 7 and 9

Sounds good. Beer?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Trading picks sounds cool but uh, are you gonna get an expanded roster size or are you effectively giving up your final pick/gaining an extra final-round pick?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Please God no trades.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Trading like that wouldn't work in best ball anyways would it?

I don't think you can add or drop players after the draft so it would effectively give one guy 21 players in a best ball format compared to 20 for most and 19 for one guy right? In best ball that's a difference maker

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I mean you could just do a 2:2 swap by trading (say) a 5th and a 24th for a 7th and a 9th. But I totally understand if Beer doesn't want to manually deal with trades and I have no idea if a free MFL will let you do pick trades anyway.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I assumed I'd just pick up someone out of the FA to round out my squad with a full roster

But if commish says no pick trades, then it's moot

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Wait does best ball mean no FA?
In my 17 years playing ff, this is actually my first best ball league

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

When the draft is over, there is nothing whatsoever to do except watch your points accumulate every week. There's no FA, no trades, no choosing starters, no management at all.

There's no matchups, either. You just accumulate points all season and whoever has the most at the end, wins.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

We are all doing this to prove how much smarter luckier we are than everyone else.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Leperflesh posted:

When the draft is over, there is nothing whatsoever to do except watch your points accumulate every week. There's no FA, no trades, no choosing starters, no management at all.

There's no matchups, either. You just accumulate points all season and whoever has the most at the end, wins.

yeah it just takes your top 10 players every week and uses those points.

4.11 - Julian Edelman - may catch slightly less balls with Cooks there and a healthy Gronk, but should still be effective enough

5.02 - Eric Decker - betting on those sweet sweet garbage time points to make this worth it

I don't love either of these picks but I wanted to start stocking up on receivers

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Varg posted:

yeah it just takes your top 10 players every week and uses those points.

4.11 - Julian Edelman - may catch slightly less balls with Cooks there and a healthy Gronk, but should still be effective enough

5.02 - Eric Decker - betting on those sweet sweet garbage time points to make this worth it

I don't love either of these picks but I wanted to start stocking up on receivers

Edelman's going to be like Wes Welker in 2007

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I was hoping Decker would fly under the radar more. He's always consistently undervalued in fantasy.

So far, you guys are blowing through my draft queue. Please stop.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Same. Kelce was my next choice after Crabtree so I didn't really have hope he'd fall to my next pick, but now Jordan "brain damage" Reed is gone too.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

Same. Kelce was my next choice after Crabtree so I didn't really have hope he'd fall to my next pick, but now Jordan "brain damage" Reed is gone too.

I love Reed, but he scares the poo poo out of me. I won't lie, if he fell to me, I probably would've drafted him. But I wouldn't have felt good about it.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Yeah, I definitely don't like picking any TE so early, especially with his injury history, but I feel like grabbing one of the top TEs is more important in best ball than in season long. Someone did a piece on it a few years back, I think.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Was seriously hoping Kelce dropped to me, rip.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I wish Kelce had gone earlier so I'd feel less bad about not drafting him. I was all about targeting Gronk or Reed early last year in redraft leagues since I thought there was a huge dropoff after them in terms of PPG. This year it'll probably be Gronk/Reed/Kelce as my top targets but I'm not in love with any of them this time. Kelce had his huge monster second half but was pretty underutilized by the KC offense prior to that so part of me worries he won't repeat as a Top 3 play. But he's probably still the safest bet.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man this MFL interface sucks for trying to figure out stuff, just spent 10 minutes actually trying to find the league scoring.

The lineup boils down to like 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE and a Flex right?

Number of Starting RBs: 2-3
Number of Starting WRs: 3-4
Number of Starting TEs: 1-2

settings just say this, probably to account for the flex, but i feel like there's a way better way to list that you know like other sites use. damnit mfl

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

Man this MFL interface sucks for trying to figure out stuff, just spent 10 minutes actually trying to find the league scoring.

The lineup boils down to like 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE and a Flex right?

Number of Starting RBs: 2-3
Number of Starting WRs: 3-4
Number of Starting TEs: 1-2

settings just say this, probably to account for the flex, but i feel like there's a way better way to list that you know like other sites use. damnit mfl

Yup.

MFL has the advantage of being free and easy to set up for a BBL.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Mr. Not Wayne Gretzky taking his time. :v:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Sataere posted:

Mr. Not Wayne Gretzky taking his time. :v:

Oops! My B, thanks for the nudge. That turnaround really snuck up on me.

4.08 - Golden Tate
Definitely getting into the real guesswork rounds for RBs and WRs. Tate is an undeniable first look for Matt Stafford and he's got a very decent track record in Detroit.

5.05 - Cam Newton
What can I say. I'm a Panthers fan and I definitely let that affect my pick. I mean don't get me wrong...2015 league MVP, tons of rushing yards and rushing TDs, freakish talent, blah blah blah...he's good of course. But he's probably more of a risk than he's worth in fantasy this year, especially coming straight into the season recovering from shoulder surgery. I just can't help myself.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I got bored waiting so I did a mock on fantasypros heh

:stare: oh, okay then

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

5.06 #54 Derek Carr

OK, this is probably a reach. But I looked over the RB and WR choices that project as 5th rounders and didn't feel like any of them were worth more than the ones that project 6-7th round. I've also already got aaron rodgers, so taking my second QB in the 5th seems wrong? But. I'm sold on Carr, I think the Raiders are going to take a deep dive into the playoffs, and I actually think there's about to be a significant run on QBs (I made this pick before Cam Newton was taken, which solidifies my prediction). I don't want any part of Cam, he's taken too many hits and K-Benj is fat and out of shape and I think Carolina is in decline (sorry timp). I also don't feel like Luck is a safe QB pick either, that team just is too dysfunctional. Wilson has traditionally gotten a lot of points by using his feet, but I think he's transitioning, the team is transitioning, and I prefer a guy like Carr who is young and on an upswing over a guy like Wilson. Wilson is probably safer, but I've already got Rodgers as a safe guy: I think Carr is more likely to pitch a 4+-TD 300+ yard game multiple times a season, and in best ball, that's the high upside you want for your second QB.

I originally was gonna take a tight end here, but only if Kelce or Reed were still available.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Glad I got Kelce in the 4th. I actually think he'll be better than Gronk this year and be the #1 TE

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Here is my detailed analysis of my Tyreek Hill pick:

Tyreek Hill + best ball = WIN

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
5.08 - Drew Brees

If Tom Brady can do it, so can Drew.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

5.08 - Drew Brees

If Tom Brady can do it, so can Drew.

I was hoping he would slip past because his ADP was stupidly low

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
5.12 WR Larry Fitzgerald

Why sure i'll take last seasons WR15 as my 4th WR. Fitzgerald is entering his age 34 season and has started showing signs of decline, but he is still the most consistent and reliable receiving option not counting DJ on the cardinals. Now mostly playing out of the slot, Fitzgerald is a decent bet to once again pull in 100~ receptions and 5-10 TD's next season even with the uncertainty of Carson Palmers play currently. I'll take that for my 4th WR anyday.

6.01 RB Marshawn Lynch

Now there were a few safer options here than Lynch but no one with more upside IMO. Lynch is 30 years old and coming out of a years retirement after his last season in Seattle was marred by injuries. Now playing in Oakland with a vastly improved O-Line and high powered offense lead by Carr, Lynch is a good bet to break 10 TD's with the potential for more provided he stay healthy. He'll lose out on 3rd down work but that shouldn't hurt him too much. With the pickings getting pretty slim at RB already, i figured i might as well go for someone with a lot of Boom potential as my 2nd RB, albeit one with a lot of risk. I wouldn't touch him this high in a normal draft though.

I was mostly deciding between Fitzgerald and Crowder but Crowder getting drafted right before me helped that decision, also already having Pryor, but in a league with best ball, having 2 WR's on the same team isn't as crazy as regular leagues.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 13, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

But Crowder wasn't drafted. :shrug:

Did you mean Diggs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So I was hoping one of Luck/Brees and Olsen/Reed would fall to me. While I didn't get Brees, I am very happy with Diggs as my WR3 on the turn.

I think with Crowell and Howard at RB and Jordy, Landry and Diggs, I have rounded out my starting lineup.

Now poo poo starts getting real hard.

• Locked thread