Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
RisqueBarber you're up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

RisqueBarber you're up.

Picked

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Powell in the 8th seems like a steal.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Veritek83 posted:

My running backs are Todd Gurley and Bilal Powell

:tif:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Veritek83 posted:

At least based on this draft I would have been much better off picking a fourth WR instead of Carlos Hyde. It seems like the middle rounds are choked with viable running backs.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Last guy to take a QB... got old man Rivers before you guys take all the rest of them

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
gently caress you I wanted Pierre Garcon.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress you I wanted Pierre Garcon.

He's going to catch all of the footballs now that he's reunited with Kyle.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

sure I'll take Mike Gillislee in best ball now that he's the new Blount

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Good debate going on in the general Ff thread about rookie tight ends.

Also, a lot of great picks this round: I wanted gillislee, garcon, and powell

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I dig the Garçon/Rishard Matthews picks. Really underrated players at their current ADPs. Could even rise a round or two before real drafts start and still be worth it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I'm sort of coming around to my TE pick was bad.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I'm sort of coming around to my TE pick was bad.

I understand your argument regarding best ball. But the problem is it's still way too early and there was better value.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RisqueBarber posted:

My running backs are Todd Gurley and Bilal Powell

:tif:

You're up again. :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

9.06 #102 Randall Cobb

I don't actually like Randy Cobb. He sometimes is good though and so he's my WR4.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
9.07 Blount

Well I drafted him like 80 spots above his ADP, but I think today's news validates that. He should have most/all the early down and goal line work in PHI with little to no competition. He probably won't be what he was with the Pats, but he should still be an RB2.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

9.07 Blount

Well I drafted him like 80 spots above his ADP, but I think today's news validates that. He should have most/all the early down and goal line work in PHI with little to no competition. He probably won't be what he was with the Pats, but he should still be an RB2.

Definitely a good value.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
<picks perkins>
<immediately gets text about blount signing>
Drunk Nerds, "there is no god. Existence is a joke."
<mugs for camera. Audience laughs>

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

coronaball posted:

9.07 Blount

Yeah, if that signing happened before any of our picks, he ends up on our team. Happy signing day!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
9.08 - Kyle Rudolph

:geno:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

9.08 - Kyle Rudolph

:geno:

Please show your work.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

Please show your work.

I need a starter, he's the highest rated TE left, and none of the other players around now particularly interest me. It's probably the most milquetoast pick available, and I'm not at all excited by it, but it's good to get a starter taken care of.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Doug Martin was incredible value, even with the suspension. There is no real competition he's facing on that roster.

John Brown is also underrated in my opinion. He's really good and his season was derailed by health issues out of his control last year. But there is no way he would've fallen this far in last year's draft and I think he's poised to make the leap we all expected him to make last year.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

drat I was hoping somehow either Martin or Woodhead would slip to me

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Martin was near the top of my next pick list, yeah. I think he has three more games to sit out, but pocket hamster is gonna be fine after that I assume. I also had some hope for Gore falling to me. He's hella old, but old man Gore just keeps chugging.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

Martin was near the top of my next pick list, yeah. I think he has three more games to sit out, but pocket hamster is gonna be fine after that I assume. I also had some hope for Gore falling to me. He's hella old, but old man Gore just keeps chugging.

Gore is a guy I will keep drafting regardless of age until he proves me wrong. I just missed him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man i had Martin ready to be picked and in swoops Sataere.

Though i'm not too mad about grabbing Woodhead, he's getting pretty old and coming off a major injury, but with Dixon's suspension, i'm thinking Woodhead will dominated 3rd down work and a good chunk of redzone work. Solid pick in best ball i think.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

VietCampo posted:

Man i had Martin ready to be picked and in swoops Sataere.

Though i'm not too mad about grabbing Woodhead, he's getting pretty old and coming off a major injury, but with Dixon's suspension, i'm thinking Woodhead will dominated 3rd down work and a good chunk of redzone work. Solid pick in best ball i think.

I had him ready in the previous two rounds, but Benjamin falling was too good and I got scared I'd lose a quarterback and took Mariota.

Honestly, I am loving my draft. I can't wait until week four when half my roster is on IR and someone quotes this.

Also, how did Shepherd drop so far. I'm not as high on him as some, but his ADP is way too low. I considered him over Brown, but I had to go with my gut.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Probably the addition of Brandon Marshall causing it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

VietCampo posted:

Probably the addition of Brandon Marshall causing it.

I understand the reason. I am saying that the drop is too big. He's a second year player who had a solid rookie year and should be seeing some great match ups. He is seriously undervalued.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

I understand the reason. I am saying that the drop is too big. He's a second year player who had a solid rookie year and should be seeing some great match ups. He is seriously undervalued.

Also the feeling that Eli won't make it to week 4 before he gets destroyed behind that line.

I had him on my list but ultimately decided on Wallace due to the signing of BMarsh and that really iffy O-line and the absence of SSJ in baltimore.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
9.10 Samaje Perine
https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/status/864608552085835776
I don't put any stock in Rob Kelley's status as the incumbent. He's a former UDFA they got lucky with but nothing more than an average talent really. They seem pretty high on Perine right away so I believe the starting job will be his easily. Which should translate to some nice volume on an above-average offense.

10.03 Frank Gore
Old man Gore keeps trucking along. The Colts drafted Marlon Mack to add a homerun element to their backfield which will hurt Gore's volume some but I'll never doubt Gore until he actually retires. Should still offer a solid floor week-to-week.

Victims of the uncertainty surrounding the lesser RB talent, I think both will see their ADPs rise quite a bit before real drafts.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Perine was going to be my guy this round. In retrospect gently caress TEs I should have grabbed Perine or Martin. Oh well.

EDIT: And Mike Wallace as well. Man I really hosed that pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 19, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Perine was going to be my guy this round. In retrospect gently caress TEs I should have grabbed Perine or Martin. Oh well.

EDIT: And Mike Wallace as well. Man I really hosed that pick.

Yea i'm a bit glad Wallace was still there, last seasons WR25 as my 5th WR? sure why not, my WR core is pretty much all stocked out honestly, just need 2-3 more high upside picks. I don't have any legit top 5 WR's in terms of fantasy, but i do have a bunch that all have good chances of finishing top 20. Now my RB core is p iffy haha.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Perine was a great pick

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
10.06 Andy Dalton

1.I need a decent 2nd QB for Ben's road games/in case he dies.
2 I'm still not sure what Wentz is.
3.Cin offense is loaded with talent
4. The QB2s after Wentz are pretty scary.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

10.07 #115 Rob Kelley

Basically,

Tiptoes posted:

[I don't put any stock in Rob Kelley's status as the incumbent. He's a former UDFA they got lucky with but nothing more than an average talent really. They seem pretty high on Perine right away so I believe the starting job will be his easily. Which should translate to some nice volume on an above-average offense.

I disagree, but not strongly. I think there's at least a chance Rob Kelley keeps his job, or at worst, slips to #2 and still gets regular usage. Maybe Perine will blow everyone away, but... yeah, most guys turn out not to be Ezekiel Elliot.

Meanwhile, Kelley averaged 4.2 YPC last year, his rookie season... that's better than just an "average talent" in my book. And a fourth round RB is insurance, not selling the farm for a guaranteed starter.

All that said: I had Gore, Martin, and Powell all higher on my list for my next RB pick, and I'm not as sure of Kelley as I'd like to be. But he's my RB3 behind Lamar Miller and Latavius Murray, so if I get even just like two or three good games this year out of him, that's fine.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
10.05 - Matthew Stafford

Having a QB2 with a history of being a viable starter is great, and as others have said the options get pretty grim after this.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
9.04 Paul Perkins. He's a starter?

10.09 Jamal Williams. Large, bruiser, rookie RB who has to "earn his playing time" among a ho-hum backfield during Green Bay's preseason ? Yeah, I remember this from a few years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hah, I was sooo close to taking jamaal charles instead of rob kelley. High risk... but my god, the upside potential

• Locked thread