Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Leperflesh posted:

I put my team name in as "Anvil of Crom" but it's showing up in all caps. How did you other guys get your team names into initial caps?

that's just how MFL displays your name in the standings

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

with the second pick, Zeke's Freekz is born

:flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: is up next

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

took Spencer Ware with my 2nd pick, everything looks like a crapshoot already

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I want to hear about the Spencer Ware pick . I get it, it's just that he's just had so little press this offseason I'm clamoring to see some opinions & stats

He just kinda felt like a safer pick to me than other WRs/RBs going around that spot / I like his situation more than other RBs around there, even Ajayi haha. I almost took Gurley but I think he's still gonna have it rough too. Ware only had 5 TDs last year, I like his chances to improve that.

Took Allen Robinson at 3.02 cause I think the Jags will figure their poo poo out enough to stop him from having another bad year.

Varg fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 10, 2017

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Leperflesh posted:

When the draft is over, there is nothing whatsoever to do except watch your points accumulate every week. There's no FA, no trades, no choosing starters, no management at all.

There's no matchups, either. You just accumulate points all season and whoever has the most at the end, wins.

yeah it just takes your top 10 players every week and uses those points.

4.11 - Julian Edelman - may catch slightly less balls with Cooks there and a healthy Gronk, but should still be effective enough

5.02 - Eric Decker - betting on those sweet sweet garbage time points to make this worth it

I don't love either of these picks but I wanted to start stocking up on receivers

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I got bored waiting so I did a mock on fantasypros heh

:stare: oh, okay then

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

yeah thanks for kinda forcing me to take a TE there Veritek where I would otherwise maybe not have haha

Delanie Walker is cool and good though and him and Mariota should keep improving that connection

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Last guy to take a QB... got old man Rivers before you guys take all the rest of them

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

sure I'll take Mike Gillislee in best ball now that he's the new Blount

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

drat I was hoping somehow either Martin or Woodhead would slip to me

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

RisqueBarber posted:

I HAVE A JOB

no excuses, play like a champion etc etc

10.11 - Eli Manning - you know what you're getting with him, at least best ball ignores the 4 INT games!

11.02 - Adam Thielen - well he had a 12 catch, 200 yd game at the end of last season so I base my entire decision on that potentially happening once or twice again

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

it got changed from 16 to 20 today, no kickers is a nice bonus too

are we still explaining ourselves?

12.11 - Joe Williams - apparently he has a good chance to take over starting RB duties if Hyde doesn't perform up to par

13.02 - Duke Johnson - gotta add a pass catching RB for half ppr

Varg fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 23, 2017

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

uh Beer has Jesse James and Kyle Rudolph so RIP anyway

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

uhh yeah sorry

14.11 - Cole Beasley - Maybe has some sneaky big games if Dak keeps playing well

15.02 - Julius Thomas - Saw he's getting hype that he could be "a thing" again this year, so that's good enough for a TE2

16.11 - Shane Vereen - I don't buy the Giants relying that heavily on Perkins as a 3-down back, I think Vereen gets mixed in a bunch more this year

17.02 - Trevor Siemian - idk I kinda regret this pick but I wanted the security of having 3 QBs in case one goes down like it happened to Teddy Bwater on my squad last year

18.11 - Pittsburgh Steelers Defense - I really don't know anything about them this year, just picking defenses left that seem decent

19.02 - Cooper Kupp - Robert Woods isn't gonna be a superstar, Tavon Austin isn't consistent, and the Rams don't have anyone else known to throw to really

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

89 posted:

I MISSED THIS!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I wasn't subscribed to the new fantasy football thread 😭😭

good news, there's still like 3 months till the season starts so we can probably get another slow draft in haha

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

wonder how that 3 TE / 1 defense strategy is gonna work out for Risquebarber and coronaball

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I think I'm a B+ :colbert:

but yeah my teams always kinda turn out that way, relatively safer picks of guys I know will get ample time on the field and opportunities to do things.. I'm not a boom/bust picker :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Trevor Siemian is my best pick so far :stonk:

• Locked thread