Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Hello, I would like to play fantasy footballing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Did you guys know there's a David Johnson who plays TE for Pittsburgh? That would have been a fun way to start things off.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

20, per the settings page.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Sataere posted:

Are there roster limits? How does the scoring work? Dies if automatically calculate the top scorers at their position to fill out the starting lineup? Or it cumulative and just the total of everyone's drafted players is added on a weekly basis?

My first time doing one of these and gotta plan it right. :)

On the "other league settings" page:

quote:

STARTING LINEUP SETUP
Total Starters: 10
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RBs: 2-3
Number of Starting WRs: 3-4
Number of Starting TEs: 1-2
Number of Starting Defs: 1

The ROSTER POSITION LIMITS SETUP section is blank, so I don't think we've got mins or maxs set.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

1.01- David Johnson- He and LeVeon Bell are essentially the only two RBs I'll draft in the first in .5 PPR or PPR. Gave the slight edge to DJ as he's got the better injury/suspension track record.

2.12- Doug Baldwin- Of the remaining WRs at this point, Baldwin's coming off of two back to back 1000 yard seasons. While there's potential for a drop off after signing a big extension, I wouldn't be shocked if he splits the TD difference between his '15 and '16 seasons and puts up another top 10 performance.

3.01- Alshon Jeffery- Change of scenery and some offensive stability will hopefully make for a bounceback season for Jeffery in Philly. I feel like he's going to have some monster market share in a forgettable receiving corps.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

VietCampo posted:

I'm not sure there's 10 WR's i'd take over Zeke even in PPR leagues.

totally fair- my distaste for him is largely irrational

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Yeah, I definitely don't like picking any TE so early, especially with his injury history, but I feel like grabbing one of the top TEs is more important in best ball than in season long. Someone did a piece on it a few years back, I think.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Feels weird doubling up on TE, but I feel like it's worth it in the format.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Powell in the 8th seems like a steal.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress you I wanted Pierre Garcon.

He's going to catch all of the footballs now that he's reunited with Kyle.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I worry Charles may not even make the 53 man roster, based on some of the reporting out in Denver right now.

10.12- Blake Bortles Best ball? More like Bort ball. I'm thinking we see something a bit closer to his 2015 than his 2016 this year. For my 2nd QB I'm content to go with that upside.

11.01- Kenneth Dixon Post suspension, I think he's going to beat out West and Woodhead for a majority share of carries in Baltimore. Solid value at the top of the eleventh, IMO.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Veritek83 posted:

1.01-David Johnson- He and LeVeon Bell are essentially the only two RBs I'll draft in the first in .5 PPR or PPR. Gave the slight edge to DJ as he's got the better injury/suspension track record.

2.12- Doug Baldwin- Of the remaining WRs at this point, Baldwin's coming off of two back to back 1000 yard seasons. While there's potential for a drop off after signing a big extension, I wouldn't be shocked if he splits the TD difference between his '15 and '16 seasons and puts up another top 10 performance.

3.01-Alshon Jeffery- Change of scenery and some offensive stability will hopefully make for a bounceback season for Jeffery in Philly. I feel like he's going to have some monster market share in a forgettable receiving corps.

4.12- Jordan Reed- As always, this is risky and probably dumb, but if he's healthy he should be the number 1 target in Washington. Sure, Pryor is going to be a good addition and Doctson seems poised to have a really nice sophomore season assuming his healthy cooperates, but that offense lost 214 targets when Garcon and Jackson left- I think a healthy Reed dominates the position this year.

5.01- Tevin Coleman- this probably won't work out for me, but Coleman occupies a relatively niche position of being a startable RB/Flex in PPR and also being in line for a major uptick in touches if the lead back gets hurt. In retrospect I should have gone with someone more consistent or reliable at RB here, but c'est la vie.

6.12- Russell Wilson- I hate Russell Wilson, the NFL player/lifestyle brand. As a fantasy QB though, he's not too bad. It looks like he's healthy and that line has improved(could it have gotten worse?), so I'm hoping for big things.

7.01- Hunter Henry- Taking two TEs in the first seven rounds feels really gross, but in best ball it could be worth it. That said, I think I boxed myself in by taking Reed so early- I felt like I needed to get someone else in case of scrambled egg brains. Henry should look to really eat this year in as the starting TE as Gates heads towards retirement.

8.12- Pierre Garcon- Garcon had 251 targets in two seasons in a Kyle Shanahan offense in DC. I'm not entirely sure who he'll be competing for targets with in San Francisco, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't see 100+. What else are they gonna do?

9.01- Rishard Matthews- Coming off a career year. He's likely to see a slight downtick in targets and TD rate with the Titans drafting Corey Davis, but getting a guy who could flirt with 1000 yards in the 9th seems like good value.

Veritek83 posted:

10.12- Blake Bortles Best ball? More like Bort ball. I'm thinking we see something a bit closer to his 2015 than his 2016 this year. For my 2nd QB I'm content to go with that upside.

11.01- Kenneth Dixon Post suspension, I think he's going to beat out West and Woodhead for a majority share of carries in Baltimore. Solid value at the top of the eleventh, IMO.

12.12- Kevin White- God I hope he's finally healthy. Yet another situational WR pick.

13.01- Thomas Rawls- Oh poo poo, I need some more RBs I guess. While Rawls' situation is murky at best, I sure as hell don't trust Eddie Lacy to suddenly have his act together.

14.12- Brian Hoyer- A competent backup QB who gets to start in a Shanahan offense. Can't imagine he's good this year, but I'm not looking for good- just a couple of overperformances should be enough.

15.01- Charles Sims- With Martin suspended it remains to be seen who'll take the majority of the RB workload in the three games, but even once Martin's back, Sims should have value in PPR on passing downs.

16.12- James Conor- Questions about Bell's workload, his mini-camp "holdout," his injury history and his love of weed all make Conor one of the more interesting backups in the league. I definitely don't want Bell to get hurt, but I'm ready if he does.

17.01- Panthers D/ST- about time to take one of these I guess

18.12- Malcolm Mitchell- I love taking Patriots players in best ball. Kinda surprised Mitchell fell all the way to here.

19.01- Jags D/ST- should be way improved this year

20.01- Kenny Golladay- was listening to JJ Zachariason's podcast while I was walking my dog this afternoon. People are plugging Golladay in as WR3 in Detroit, with upside, so yes, I'l take that in the 20th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I already regret my draft.

Ah, that familiar feeling that starts around this time every year. Where would we be without it?

• Locked thread