Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
i'm totes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
PM'd my email

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

this year I will not be tricked into drafting jared goff

last year I drafted marshawn lynch on the basis he wasn't really retired. I was right goddamnit!

Just looking at last year's roster, god, what was I thinking with some of those pick.

Man i remember last years first slow draft where i took Zeke 9th overall and the rest of my top 5 picks were Brandin Cooks, then Keenan Allen (rip), Andrew Luck (sorta rip), and Jordan Mathews (lmao).

I somehow ended up taking first overall due to Zeke and Melvin Gordon, Davante Adams in the 18th helped a tonnnnnn.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
We are gonna be randomizing the draft order right?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

ohhh, it's just telling me which one is my team, how... helpful

check out the draft page, it's already randomized.

Oh cool thanks, hmmm 12th overall this might be funish.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Waiting on RisqueBarber.

I was at least hoping for people to get through their first round before instituting a 24 hour pick clock. If I don't see anything before 8PM EST tomorrow I'll force a pick and move on.

:cmon:

I think CMike is still available for an auto pick. haha

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

coronaball posted:

I think #7 might be the worst possible draft spot this year. 1-6 are pretty obviously some combo of the players you guys already took. Julio/ODB/AB are in a different tier than AJ Green/Evans/Dez. Similarly, David Johnson/Leveon/Zeke are in a different tier than Gordon/McCoy/Howard/Ajayi etc. The #7 spot has terrible value.

Anyway, I took Melvin Gordon. 3rd season, still improving, facing no competition for carries, and playing with what should be an improved O-line and offense in general.

Honestly it looks like starting from mid 1st to the end of the 2nd is a crap shoot.

I've been thinking about who i should grab at 12th and 13th overall but i can't make up my drat mind.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
1.12 LeSean McCoy

101 carries 577 and 8 TD's. No those are not McCoy's stats, those are the stats of the now departed Mike Gillislee. McCoy himself was able to put up a respectable 1,267 yards and 13 TD's with a 5.41 average, good for top 5 in yards and TD's scored even with Gillislee taking 8 TD's. When Healthy McCoy is a bonafide top 5 RB and only missed one game last season and with the departure of Gillislee i don't expect his rushing totals to fall off at all.

With Bell, DJ, Zeke, and Gordon gone early my choices here came down to McCoy, Howard, or Freeman with Howard getting drafted right before me and deciding to go with McCoy due to his consistency and the presence of Coleman still in ATL and the loss of Shanahan contributing to the uncertainty.

2.01 Michael Thomas

Honestly this pick came down to Jordy Nelson and Thomas for me, don't get me wrong i'm a huge Jordy fan. But i slightly favored Thomas as him AND Brandin Cooks both finished as top 10 WR's last season and with the departure of Cooks, i'm banking for Thomas to push for top 5 status this year in one of the most pass happy offenses in the league, Ted Ginn is no Cooks. Meanwhile Jordy did finish last season with the most receiving TD's and top 10 in yards, but in the meantime that Packers receiving core has managed to get more crowded with the addition of Bennett. Basically i'm banking on Thomas finishing higher than Jordy.

Sataere posted:

I think third round is an acceptable spot to take rookies. Taking Zeke in the first last year was nuts, despite the results.

haha yeah in the first slow draft last year i took Zeke like 7th overall and ended up averaging the most points per week due to him and Melvin Gordon just straight carrying my otherwise subpar team.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 9, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

Thank you for letting me have Jordy. I like Thomas, but I don't think he is in Jordy's class. :D

And I get that drafting Zeke worked for you. It's just too risky for my first. Rookies just burn you more often than not.

Yea no doubt Jordy is great, for me it just boiled down to the potential for increased production from last season.

Jordy
97 rec 1257 yards and 14 TD's

Thomas
92 rec 1137 yards and 9 TD's

Thing that made me favor Thomas slightly was Cooks leaving with his 78 rec 1173 yards and 8 TD's stat line. NO will still be a pass happy team and those yards and TD's have to go somewhere between Thomas, Snead, Ginn, and whoever the hell they have at TE. Honestly i considered taking both back2back haha, but figured i should grab a top 5 RB while i still could.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

I'm glad you didn't, because I am not sure I would've grabbed McCoy and you made a very compelling argument for him. I used to love McCoy, but I have been down on him the past couple of years. I think I am seriously undervaluing him. I can't wait to check this out further.

Yea i'm hit or miss on McCoy, his knock is his durability, but he only missed a game last season and the Bills still have a somewhat decent Oline? (haven't really followed them since end of the season) Should also remain a run first offense with the way their receiving core looks.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 10, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Veritek83 posted:

1.01- David Johnson- He and LeVeon Bell are essentially the only two RBs I'll draft in the first in .5 PPR or PPR. Gave the slight edge to DJ as he's got the better injury/suspension track record.

I'm not sure there's 10 WR's i'd take over Zeke even in PPR leagues.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 10, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I was impressed by Howard last season, he seemed like the only offensive weapon that was actually putting in work most of the season. I was worried about his TD rate though, he had 6 rushing TD's last season with 3 of them coming in one game. I didn't follow the Bears games much besides checking out Howard here and there but if the Bears continue to have problems getting to the redzone and scoring position, that's a huge knock for taking Howard in the 1st, i personally had him early 2nd and probably would've taken him or Freeman if McCoy was taken.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
3.12 Davante Adams

I passed on grabbing Jordy Nelson at the end of the 1st but i'm happy with grabbing Davante Adams here 2 rounds later. He has cemented himself as the WR2 to Jordy's WR1 in Green Bay and looked great all last season finishing just shy of the top 10 by 1 point. I don't expect him to improve upon his touchdowns of 12 but he definitely has the potential to break 1000 yards for the first time with another season under his belt. He's a high end WR2 in one of the best offenses in the league.

4.01 Terrelle Pryor

Now according to MFL's adp Pryor shouldn't be off the board until another round and a half, but honestly i don't think that's close to right. Pryor could end up being a great option to break the top 15 this season or even the top 10. With the loss of DeSean Jackson and Garcon, Pryor has gone from one receiving core void of receiving talent to another with the exception of the frequently injured Jordan Reed and Crowder. Washington should remain a fairly pass happy team and that bodes wonders for Pryor.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 10, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Trading like that wouldn't work in best ball anyways would it?

I don't think you can add or drop players after the draft so it would effectively give one guy 21 players in a best ball format compared to 20 for most and 19 for one guy right? In best ball that's a difference maker

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Was seriously hoping Kelce dropped to me, rip.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man this MFL interface sucks for trying to figure out stuff, just spent 10 minutes actually trying to find the league scoring.

The lineup boils down to like 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE and a Flex right?

Number of Starting RBs: 2-3
Number of Starting WRs: 3-4
Number of Starting TEs: 1-2

settings just say this, probably to account for the flex, but i feel like there's a way better way to list that you know like other sites use. damnit mfl

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
5.12 WR Larry Fitzgerald

Why sure i'll take last seasons WR15 as my 4th WR. Fitzgerald is entering his age 34 season and has started showing signs of decline, but he is still the most consistent and reliable receiving option not counting DJ on the cardinals. Now mostly playing out of the slot, Fitzgerald is a decent bet to once again pull in 100~ receptions and 5-10 TD's next season even with the uncertainty of Carson Palmers play currently. I'll take that for my 4th WR anyday.

6.01 RB Marshawn Lynch

Now there were a few safer options here than Lynch but no one with more upside IMO. Lynch is 30 years old and coming out of a years retirement after his last season in Seattle was marred by injuries. Now playing in Oakland with a vastly improved O-Line and high powered offense lead by Carr, Lynch is a good bet to break 10 TD's with the potential for more provided he stay healthy. He'll lose out on 3rd down work but that shouldn't hurt him too much. With the pickings getting pretty slim at RB already, i figured i might as well go for someone with a lot of Boom potential as my 2nd RB, albeit one with a lot of risk. I wouldn't touch him this high in a normal draft though.

I was mostly deciding between Fitzgerald and Crowder but Crowder getting drafted right before me helped that decision, also already having Pryor, but in a league with best ball, having 2 WR's on the same team isn't as crazy as regular leagues.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 13, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

But Crowder wasn't drafted. :shrug:

Did you mean Diggs?

I have no idea why i thought Crowder got drafted, wow. Anyways i think i would've taken Fitzy regardless, consistency at the spot at least.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
drat, i was hoping Henry would make it to me.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

We all were.

Now someone snipe Zach Ertz, he will be worth it I swear.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man i had Martin ready to be picked and in swoops Sataere.

Though i'm not too mad about grabbing Woodhead, he's getting pretty old and coming off a major injury, but with Dixon's suspension, i'm thinking Woodhead will dominated 3rd down work and a good chunk of redzone work. Solid pick in best ball i think.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Probably the addition of Brandon Marshall causing it.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

I understand the reason. I am saying that the drop is too big. He's a second year player who had a solid rookie year and should be seeing some great match ups. He is seriously undervalued.

Also the feeling that Eli won't make it to week 4 before he gets destroyed behind that line.

I had him on my list but ultimately decided on Wallace due to the signing of BMarsh and that really iffy O-line and the absence of SSJ in baltimore.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Perine was going to be my guy this round. In retrospect gently caress TEs I should have grabbed Perine or Martin. Oh well.

EDIT: And Mike Wallace as well. Man I really hosed that pick.

Yea i'm a bit glad Wallace was still there, last seasons WR25 as my 5th WR? sure why not, my WR core is pretty much all stocked out honestly, just need 2-3 more high upside picks. I don't have any legit top 5 WR's in terms of fantasy, but i do have a bunch that all have good chances of finishing top 20. Now my RB core is p iffy haha.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man i was fixing to grab Mack with my next pick too. argh

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

coronaball posted:

No reason to think Mahomes sees the field unless Alex is injured or his play falls off a cliff.

I am very sad that someone picked Jonathan Williams. First time I've felt sniped this whole time.

Haha sorry, I had to grab him to be insurance for McCoy and his hammys, plus he could also just repeat Gillislee's last season.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea i would've grabbed Maclin if i didn't already have like 6 WR2's already, he lasted longer than i thought he would.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

I had Marlon Mack ahead of him and I gave strong consideration to Williams, but McDermott feels like he is going to completely torpedo the Bills. I think there is a strong chance that he goes full Josh McDaniels there.

Has that dictator bullshit even worked in the last ten years? I don't include Bellichek, because Bill plays it cool when he does it.

Yea i had Mack above Williams, but i'll take Williams with McCoy's hammys.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea weekend pause is cool, Drunk Nerds is already on top of it and hasn't even checked the MFL website in nearly 4 days. haha

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
20.01 Jake Butt

I wasn't gonna let any of you guys get this butt.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm just hoping i make it to week 4 with at least half my RB's still alive.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
You know i didn't even realize both my DST's had the same bye until after the draft, haha.

When i took them both back to back i could've swore one of them was bye week 9 but i think that was the team right above one of them.

By that point all the top tier DSTs were already gone from the run and with the Eagles, they aren't top tier or anything but they produce in fantasy, consistently ending up like top 5 the last couple years in points.

Basically though my team is gonna be carried by my squad of WR2's whenever Shady and Beast both get injured. Thanks for the write ups, great reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
oh dear god don't redo mine

F-

• Locked thread