Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I would like in on this, please. Email pm'ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Locked and loaded. Whichever pittsburg guy Dicks doesn't pick, i will nab

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Hilton at ~17th overall was the best pick of this draft, so far

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just a heads up, I pick next and I'll probably use a lot of my 24 hours. I've got some great choices left, and I want to enjoy discussing them with my buddies

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Lol, I forgot I had autodrwft set up . Oh well, I can still discuss who I could have picked

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
1.04 Le'veon Bell
With the top 2 RBs ofF the board, he was my highest ranked player. Antonio Brown was a cloooooose second, but because we could start 3 RBs and because I know a top tier RB won't make it back to me, I'm going bell.

2.09 Jay Ajayi
Whoa, a top tier RB did make it back to me. With best ball, i figure that Ajayi's inconsistency won't hurt as much. Plus there are just no great WRs left on the board

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 11, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
3.04 A little shocked both Fournette and GRonk made it back to me. In a vacuum, I'd prefer Fournette. But I already have 2 RBs and I'm pretty good at developing talent at that position. So Gronk it is. This is my favorite pick so far.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I want to hear about the Spencer Ware pick . I get it, it's just that he's just had so little press this offseason I'm clamoring to see some opinions & stats

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm excited. MFL's adp rankings really bury a lot of good guys, so I'm betting one will fall to me, 15 picks from now.

I also pay wayyyyy too much attention during the offseason, it's nice to have a chance to use all that knowledge that will be in the collective FF consciousness three months from now

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 10, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Some great picks around the turn. Adams and Landry and Pryor are steals, and Crowell is criminally underrated in a thirsty rb year

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Four picks left until mine, two guys I really want left
Don't pick my guys
Don't pick my guys
Don't pick my guys
Don't pick my guys

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 11, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

4.05 - Demaryius Thomas

Why yes, I will gladly take last year's WR15 in the fourth round.

I SAID DON'T PICK MY GUYS!!!

one guy left, three picks before me...
Don't take my guy
Don't take my guy
Don't take my guy

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 11, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

2.06 DeAndre Hopkins - They say Deshaun Watson is a one-read QB, hopefully that one read is to his big rear end receiver that goes and gets it as good as anybody.

Also, although they didn't play together, they both went to Clemson

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

I SAID DON'T PICK MY GUYS!!!

one guy left, three picks before me...
Don't take my guy
Don't take my guy
Don't take my guy

Thank you. My two guys were brady and demayr

0 WR strategy looking p good

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RisqueBarber posted:

I'd like to trade my 51st pick (5.03). I'm asking for a 7th and a 9th. Any takers?

I'll do it, I need to stock up on these mid round WRs.
I've got pick 4 so you'd get back to back picks in 7 and 9

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I assumed I'd just pick up someone out of the FA to round out my squad with a full roster

But if commish says no pick trades, then it's moot

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Wait does best ball mean no FA?
In my 17 years playing ff, this is actually my first best ball league

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Varg posted:

yeah it just takes your top 10 players every week and uses those points.

4.11 - Julian Edelman - may catch slightly less balls with Cooks there and a healthy Gronk, but should still be effective enough

5.02 - Eric Decker - betting on those sweet sweet garbage time points to make this worth it

I don't love either of these picks but I wanted to start stocking up on receivers

Edelman's going to be like Wes Welker in 2007

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
6.09 Martavis Bryant
If he's sober, he is a solid bet to win the #2 slot in a top 5 offense. There is a lot of risk, but my other choice was Corey Davis, and I think there's risk there, too

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Since I took Mariota over him, I think you are wrong. :colbert:

Whoever drafted Jordan Matthews, come in here and defend your pick so we can mock you for taking Jordan Matthews.

I did.

Carson Wentz is going to improve, there will be attention on Jeffries. Matthews feels like a safe bet for 800+ yards and a few weeks with a td or two. I don't like John Brown, that new charger guy, Cobb, Ross, Marquis, Meredith, nor Thielen, but I think I needed a 4th wr because that's my weak spot. So Matthews felt right. Feel free to tear me apart, constructively, that's why we do these early exercises

I almost picked DeAngelo Williams because i have LeVeon. I was really close, then I did some googling and found out that Williams is no longer a steeler.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Tiptoes posted:

I feel MFL ranked the rookies way too high relative to the non-elite veterans. There's still a sizable gulf between those tiers and I think the "shiny new toy"-ism of the rookies can lead someone into a trap.

yeee. although, I didn't know that they had actual rankings, I've just been sorting by ADP

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Good debate going on in the general Ff thread about rookie tight ends.

Also, a lot of great picks this round: I wanted gillislee, garcon, and powell

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
<picks perkins>
<immediately gets text about blount signing>
Drunk Nerds, "there is no god. Existence is a joke."
<mugs for camera. Audience laughs>

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

9.08 - Kyle Rudolph

:geno:

Please show your work.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Perine was a great pick

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
9.04 Paul Perkins. He's a starter?

10.09 Jamal Williams. Large, bruiser, rookie RB who has to "earn his playing time" among a ho-hum backfield during Green Bay's preseason ? Yeah, I remember this from a few years ago

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Khunt 11.04

Was it Mae West who once quipped, "when I have to decide between two evils, I always pick the one I never did before?"

Someone has to emerge in the KC backfield, right? Might as well choose the one who I haven't seen utterly wash up. Khunt also catches passes on a reasonable offense so he might be able to get a two touchdown week even if he never rises to the starting slot

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
15.04 Houston Def

I forgot there are no kickers, so I was planning on starting with defenses by round 17. Since my top defense was on the board, I figured it was worth a two round reach. It wasnt worth the four round reach, though

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Dang, Beer. I'm sorry
Pitta dead

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Please tell me that beer doesnt also own maclin

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Sorry I've been on the clock a few days. I've been genuinely thinking this whole time, I just needed to run my entire-season mental simulation a few more instances

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 7, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Sanu was a great pick there

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
[14.09 Carson Palmer .
Thrilled to have this guy available by the time I was like , "oh, I guess I need two quarterbacks because I'm a dumb noob to best ball." Probably not going to top Brady often,

15.04 Houston Texans
I dunno man, they're the top defense and so I thought I'd go early. It's not because I forgot this was 20 rounds and not 15, SO DON'T THINK THAT

16.09 Dwayne "the Wayne" Allen
I own Gronk so this seemed better than the lottery tickets available

17.04 Ted Ginn, Jr.
He has Drew Brees throwing to him, so you know he's gonna have a few freak games with like 2-125-2. You universally know this in your hearts to be true

18.09DeAndre Washington
Third guy behind that line behind the aging Marshawn Lynch. He'll rip a few long TD runs and if Jalen Richard's number comes up Washington will be starting BEHIND THAT LINE

19.04Packers D
Needed something to compliment Houston's Defense. GB's going to be up a bunch in a few games and prob score a lot from the other team trying to catch up

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Dwayne "thereis no God. Existence is a joke," Allen

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah there were two last year and there's no reason not to have more if anyone wants them. It takes like 20 minutes or something to set one up in MFL and they're free.

When the last handful of picks are done, I'm planning to do a "draft grade" thing where I poo poo all over your picks judge the teams on relative merit based on my own lovely football opinions, and if anyone else wants to do that I think it'd be cool and good.

One thing I like, if you're looking for ideas, is where the draft grader asks each team a question or two about a decision/plan they've made. If you send me questions, I will answer them

20.09 Tyler Higbee
I needed someone to round out my TEs (Gronk and Allen). Higbee is on the Rams, so there will be a desperate need for a safety valve

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks a bunch for running this, Beer. It really scratched thst business season itch for me

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
That was a fun read, thanks for doing it!
It was my first draft in a couple years (all four leagues I was in last year were auction), and it was super nice to have something fantasy-related to text all my friends about. Thanks Beer and thanks Leperflesh!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Good read Sataere

My strategy was simple, as this was my first best ball draft (odd, seeing as how I've played in multiple leagues for 17 years, now).
I just wanted to go best player available until the well ran dry, then utilize the advantages provided by best ball to shore up my weaknesses. So I got Bell/Ajayi/Brady/Gronk, then I tried to patch over my WR hole by getting 7 guys with oddly high upside. I worry my RBs are too thin once Bell/Ajayi get injured. I'd have to look at whose available, but I think I would like to have picked another solid RB in the 5th instead of Martavis Bryant. At the time, I didn't foresee that I would nail that WR crew, so I wanted to get some WRs right away.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
This was a cool read, LF. Sorry i didn't see it until now.

• Locked thread