Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Let's do this. First 12 people to show up get invites. We're using MFL because it's free and easy.

League: http://www51.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/60657

Rules are currently setup but tentative; feel free to suggest any changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
We got six. We need more!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Seven! Usually we use MFL, so I will need your email to invite you.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
We need more!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hey people PM or let me know your e-mail if you want to use MFL.

Otherwise I guess we could do it via the forum.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
E-mails sent. I need Tiptoes to provide me an e-mail address.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Also MY WIFE will be the 12th drafter. Because she loves me. And because if the family league trophy ends up in the house of her cousin for another year I'm going to cry.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

You better believe it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:siren: Is this a best ball league? :siren:

Okay, important question. Are we drafting like it's a best ball league (20 spots on bench), or like a regular league (15 spots on bench)?

The poll is on the MFL page.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

isn't it literally a best ball league tho?

I'm open to either one but I guess for me, the deeper the better because it will force me to evaluate rookies and UDFAs and dudes who got traded in the off season etc. etc. and that's the reason we're drafting in May right

Go vote!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

We are gonna be randomizing the draft order right?

Already random.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
All I need is Tiptoes to provide an email address.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Draft has started! No timer to begin with so people can make sure they get their stuff together.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

OK it's just MFL's amazing website design in action

This.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

teacherkate posted:

Hi! I'm Beer's wife.

Can confirmed a real woman was dumb charitable enough to marry me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Thanks. I really hate that site.

It has the advantage of being free though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

What is happening?

Waiting on RisqueBarber.

I was at least hoping for people to get through their first round before instituting a 24 hour pick clock. If I don't see anything before 8PM EST tomorrow I'll force a pick and move on.

:cmon:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
timp is up.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Mike Evans is an easy pick. Great history, little change in his offense, and if anything could be in an even better situation with DeSean Jackson helping loosen up defenses.

Amari Cooper could be where Mike Evans was last year. Two 1000 yard seasons, great offense, etc. I would have preferred TY Hilton but I really can't complain.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hilton at ~17th overall was the best pick of this draft, so far

Yup.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
3.08 - Carlos Hyde

Depending on who you talk to this is either a steal or a disaster. I think it's a decent value. Shanahan really didn't make any major picks this offseason, and he has a history of making RBs perform extremely well. Given the other choices in this region I like his upside.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
4.05 - Demaryius Thomas

Why yes, I will gladly take last year's WR15 in the fourth round.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Please God no trades.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

Man this MFL interface sucks for trying to figure out stuff, just spent 10 minutes actually trying to find the league scoring.

The lineup boils down to like 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE and a Flex right?

Number of Starting RBs: 2-3
Number of Starting WRs: 3-4
Number of Starting TEs: 1-2

settings just say this, probably to account for the flex, but i feel like there's a way better way to list that you know like other sites use. damnit mfl

Yup.

MFL has the advantage of being free and easy to set up for a BBL.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
5.08 - Drew Brees

If Tom Brady can do it, so can Drew.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
6.05 - Mark Ingram

Surprised he lasted this long. While AP is a threat, he's also old and not known for being part of the passing game. I also considered CJ Anderson here, but I don't like the situation in Denver. I also considered a WR or TE but prefer the value in RB.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
7.08 - CJ Anderson

Not sure how he fell this far, but I'm definitely not complaining. Last year he actually did fairly well in the weeks he played, working as a RB2 before getting hurt. Now the question becomes whether or not he's healthier than Jamaal Charles, and whether or not Denver's emphasis on the passing game will make him worthless. Tons of risk but tons of upside makes it a logical pick around this point in the draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
8.05 - Eddie Lacy

Going on a major RB run during the middle of the draft. At this point I'm just hoping one or two of them sticks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

timp posted:

8.08 - Dak Prescott

The way I see it, a best ball format means having a high producer at every position is important, and that definitely shouldn't exclude QB play. I'll have 5-6 RBs, 5-6 WRs...more likely to get lucky with some lower round picks there. But with QB, if I try to have one stud (which Cam is iffy as I've admitted) and that's it, I'm going to be sunk if something happens. So I'm investing in another potential starter QB somewhat early in the draft as insurance at that position.

That being said, I honestly don't know much about Dak except that he was a rookie last year, won the starting QB job over Romo, and the Cowboys looked really good during regular season. That combined with his relative ADP, and I dunno...he must be doing something right. Welcome to the team Dak.

I debated getting Dak, but went with Feast Mode instead. I will likely regret this decision. For me the biggest concern was a sophomore slump.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
RisqueBarber you're up.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Veritek83 posted:

Powell in the 8th seems like a steal.

At least based on this draft I would have been much better off picking a fourth WR instead of Carlos Hyde. It seems like the middle rounds are choked with viable running backs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
gently caress you I wanted Pierre Garcon.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

9.07 Blount

Well I drafted him like 80 spots above his ADP, but I think today's news validates that. He should have most/all the early down and goal line work in PHI with little to no competition. He probably won't be what he was with the Pats, but he should still be an RB2.

Definitely a good value.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
9.08 - Kyle Rudolph

:geno:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

Please show your work.

I need a starter, he's the highest rated TE left, and none of the other players around now particularly interest me. It's probably the most milquetoast pick available, and I'm not at all excited by it, but it's good to get a starter taken care of.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Perine was going to be my guy this round. In retrospect gently caress TEs I should have grabbed Perine or Martin. Oh well.

EDIT: And Mike Wallace as well. Man I really hosed that pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 19, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
10.05 - Matthew Stafford

Having a QB2 with a history of being a viable starter is great, and as others have said the options get pretty grim after this.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

11.07 Eric Ebron

His yardage totals go up every year. If he could only score some TDs he'd be a top 10 TE.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yooooooooooooooooooooou.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I genuinely wanted Ebron that round. Oh well.

Jesse James

With Ladarius Green out he could be a real stud. Huge, great red zone threat, and locks up my TE and let's me focus elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
12.05 - Kenny Britt

Coming off of a 1000 year season in spite of a lovely QB, Kenny Britt may very well repeat the process with another lovely QB. Here's hoping.

• Locked thread