Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Part of me thinks this is a solid speculative pick. The other part had been burned by Kenny Britt.

Oh absolutely, but every year is different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
FYI this draft is 20 spots and no kickers.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It had been 20 rounds and no kickers from the start, but I had manually add the last four rounds because MFL is MFL.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
13.08 - John Ross

If he ends up being in a DeSean Jackson role then he'll be a great boom/bust player.

14.05 - Quincy Enunwa

All that stands between him and being the number one wideout on the Jets is Eric Decker's health. Sure it's the Jets, but that's a lot of garbage time.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah there's no rush.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Varg posted:

uh Beer has Jesse James and Kyle Rudolph so RIP anyway

I really should check bye weeks when drafting.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
coronaball you're up again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

I was simply asleep that time.

The rate we're going it might be the 4th of July by the time we're done.

Next time I'll put a 24 hour timer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay this is taking forever. I'm putting a 24 hour timer in effect starting on my pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:siren: 24 Hour Timer Has Started :siren:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

Sanu was a great pick there

Yeah he definitely shouldn't have gone as long as he did.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
15.08 - Terrance West
Danny Amendola is old and made of glass, and there's no guarantee that Kenneth Dixon will get the job once he's back from his four game suspension. In the fifteenth round this is a no brainer.

16.05 - Devin Funchess
One of the rules I love is to listen to bad news in the offseason, and Kelvin Benjamin has had plenty of bad news. Meanwhile Funchess is entering his third year and has a rejuvenated Cam Newton throwing again (we hope). This late in the draft this could be a major upside.

17.08 - Gerald Everett
The rookie TE (I know) in LA (YES I loving KNOW) has Jordan Reed potential. And given that the HC used to coach TEs including Jordan Reed this isn't the worst idea in the world. Plus I was a dumbass and picked two TEs with the same bye.

18.05 - Los Angeles Rams
If the offensive improves (it should) this defense should be scary.

19.08 - Christine Michael
THE AWAKENING.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/875502853661392897

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I can ask MY WIFE what she was thinking.

I already regret my draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Overall I'm... okay on my draft. I absolutely made some mistakes that I regret, but other picks I'm pretty pleased with. In spite of spending a bunch of early draft capital on RBs they aren't terribly exciting and I feel like I could have gone for some even better WR picks.

QB: Brees, Stafford
RB: Hyde, Ingram, Anderson, Lacy, West, Michael
WR: Evans, Cooper, Thomas, Britt, Ross, Enunwa, Funchess
TE: Rudolph, James, Everett
DST: Rams, Chargers

My biggest fuckup was drafting Jesse James; his ADP is far lower and Pittsburgh's offense is far too spread for him to really be of any worth. Plus I screwed up and picked two players with the same bye, meaning I had to take a third TE instead of a third DST.

WR I'm extremely strong on, especially with late round gems like Enunwa and Funchess. That said I would still like to have my Hyde pick back; I think I would have been happier with Allen in that spot.

LOL Christine Michael. My RBs are incredibly risky, and I could easily have nobody within a few weeks based on how things work out (they won't). Pretty happy with the late round pickup of West though. I would've been far stronger getting Martin in the 9th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Gerald Everett is a rookie, but so was Jordan Reed. And Evertt's head coach was Reed's former TE coach and then offensive coordinator. In round 17 I really like his upside.

The Rams and Chargers were drafted based on talent. I'm not worried too much about the position, but I really like how the teams themselves are made.

I would've felt much better with my draft had I grabbed a third DST instead of Michael. Oh well.

• Locked thread