Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Finally gonna get in on one of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So we are at 11 now? Where the hell are RVP, FP and Spoaenk? I thought for sure they'd be all over this.

You should already have my email, beer. Let me know if you don't.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I think I nailed my team name and avatar on the first try. Thank you NFC North thread.

I vote the more bench spots the better.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The new layout on MFL is missing minor details like league settings. At least on the mobile app. How has someone not come up with a better fantasy platform by now?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So what are the scoring settings and where can I find it?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

At the very top of the UI, click Reports > Rules > League Scoring

Thanks. I really hate that site.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Are there roster limits? How does the scoring work? Dies if automatically calculate the top scorers at their position to fill out the starting lineup? Or it cumulative and just the total of everyone's drafted players is added on a weekly basis?

My first time doing one of these and gotta plan it right. :)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

When you said a slow draft, you weren't kidding! :v:

Sataere fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 7, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Really? I have my next 15 mapped out already.

I also don't think 7 was too bad a spot. I am honestly very happy with 11, because I feel like I am getting someone who is gonna be a boss. I wouldn't be surprised if I get two of my top four on the turn.

I think right around the mid third round is where things will get messy.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Sataere posted:

Really? I have my next 15 mapped out already.

I also don't think 7 was too bad a spot. I am honestly very happy with 11, because I feel like I am getting someone who is gonna be a boss. I wouldn't be surprised if I get two of my top four on the turn.

I think right around the mid third round is where things will get messy.

Got two of my top two. :)

timp posted:

Also let's not all forget that it's loving May right now. Everything is unclear.

The first round will surely solidify as we get closer to when real drafts typically happen. That being said, your guesses now are probably just as valid as those guesses. heyooooooo

While I agree things will change on overall consensus, I disagree about it being unclear.

I think training camp will highlight which rookies are the flavor of the month and injuries will take certain guys off the board, but if you aren't making your own draft list, you are doing it wrong.

Having said that, everything after round five will be anarchy. :v:

EDIT:
Jordan Howard is the number four running back and I think he is closer to the top three than the rest of the class. This is pure homerism in me.

Jordy Nelson is a beast. I had him slightly over AJ and Mike Evans because I feel like they are more boom/bust, but I would've been happy with either.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 9, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hilton at ~17th overall was the best pick of this draft, so far

If it wasn't Jordy, TY and Cooper were next up. Every loving year, everyone forgets just how good Jordy is. Didn't he end the year as the number one?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Lamar Miller was the next RB on my list, for what it's worth. I think his numbers should improve by virtue of losing Brock.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Fair enough. I think I am objective about him and his draft position looks about right. Doesn't mean he won't still suck. :v:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

Lol, I forgot I had autodrwft set up . Oh well, I can still discuss who I could have picked

You still can. Most of us post a backdrop on who we picked and why. It's half the fun.

Also, for those of you not posting about your picks, you are doing it wrong.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I will admit to secretly hoping Gronk would fall to me. He's one of my favorite types of draft picks in the third or fourth round. Guh who dominates, but missed a season due to injury, so his value plummets.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I think third round is an acceptable spot to take rookies. Taking Zeke in the first last year was nuts, despite the results.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Thank you for letting me have Jordy. I like Thomas, but I don't think he is in Jordy's class. :D

And I get that drafting Zeke worked for you. It's just too risky for my first. Rookies just burn you more often than not.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

It's a fair point. I liked Zeke last year, I just didn't like his ADP. The problem with evaluating rookies in fantasy is there are do many factors we don't know. Dumb coaching can really get in the way of talent, because "rookies gotta earn it" or some such bullshit.

My concerns weren't talent related, but opportunity. Jordan Howard is a perfect example of this. His numbers last year should've been way better, but bad coaching limited his opportunities.

But I tend to be more risk-averse with my first pick.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm glad you didn't, because I am not sure I would've grabbed McCoy and you made a very compelling argument for him. I used to love McCoy, but I have been down on him the past couple of years. I think I am seriously undervaluing him. I can't wait to check this out further.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

Oh wow I completely spaced that you were the one to take Howard in the first. What's your case for him being a first rounder this year? That offense is completely barren aside from Howard and the idea of taking an RB on a team with one of the lowest projected win totals for 2017 seems incredibly risky to me.

I am a Bears fan. :v:

Truth be told, the Bears offensive problems were coaching related, not talent related. They have an underrated run blocking offensive line and were middle of the pack in offensive yards. Their problems came from one of the worst time of possession and turnover ratios in the league, coupled with a league high players on IR.

Sitton, Whitehair and Long might be one of the most talented interior lines in football. Massie sucks at pass protection, but he run blocks well.

And in regards to Howard himself, compare his numbers to Zeke. He did as much as Elliott on a per touch basis and didn't have the talent Elliott had around him. His only problem waa his coaches took to long to give him more opportunities.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

3.06 pick 30 A A Ron Rod Gers

I'm usually not taking the first QB off the board, but I think mid 3rd round is fine for Rodgers. He's getting older and maybe has some injury risk, but I think he's a safer pick than the other QB options as far as safe throws and plenty of yards. I had planned to take Gronk or a good WR but the WR with the highest ADP left right now is Watkins and I'm worried about his foot.

I dunno. Maybe this is a big mistake. :shrug:

Maybe, maybe not. I think that is a reasonable spot for him. It is certainly the safest pick.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

3.08 - Carlos Hyde

Depending on who you talk to this is either a steal or a disaster. I think it's a decent value. Shanahan really didn't make any major picks this offseason, and he has a history of making RBs perform extremely well. Given the other choices in this region I like his upside.

He was my next pick for this same reason. It's about the right spot for him.

Varg posted:

Took Allen Robinson at 3.02 cause I think the Jags will figure their poo poo out enough to stop him from having another bad year.

He was pretty decent the second half of last year, so it's good value.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Jarvis Landry is in a contract year and is consistently a PPR machine. I liked Davante Adams a bit more here, but I don't like having multiple receivers from the same team if I can help it.

Not sure if I reached here, but I didn't think he'd come back to me at five and I like him a lot this season. Cleveland invested heavily in their offensive line and I don't think he has a lot of competition at the position.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm not sure how I feel about Brady. On the one hand, there is no denying he has been dominant. On the other hand, I worry that Roger Goodell found the painting he has been hiding in his attic.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

4.07 #43 Michael Crabtree

Crabtree is seriously undervalued and will remain so even when fantasy season comes around.

Tiptoes posted:

I kinda feel like if I just took Brady in the 1st and autodrafted the rest, I would still have at least an 80% chance of making the playoffs.

I hear you, but I feel like those odds are longer and longer each season.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

We are all doing this to prove how much smarter luckier we are than everyone else.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I was hoping Decker would fly under the radar more. He's always consistently undervalued in fantasy.

So far, you guys are blowing through my draft queue. Please stop.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

Same. Kelce was my next choice after Crabtree so I didn't really have hope he'd fall to my next pick, but now Jordan "brain damage" Reed is gone too.

I love Reed, but he scares the poo poo out of me. I won't lie, if he fell to me, I probably would've drafted him. But I wouldn't have felt good about it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Mr. Not Wayne Gretzky taking his time. :v:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

5.08 - Drew Brees

If Tom Brady can do it, so can Drew.

I was hoping he would slip past because his ADP was stupidly low

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

But Crowder wasn't drafted. :shrug:

Did you mean Diggs?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So I was hoping one of Luck/Brees and Olsen/Reed would fall to me. While I didn't get Brees, I am very happy with Diggs as my WR3 on the turn.

I think with Crowell and Howard at RB and Jordy, Landry and Diggs, I have rounded out my starting lineup.

Now poo poo starts getting real hard.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

VietCampo posted:

I have no idea why i thought Crowder got drafted, wow. Anyways i think i would've taken Fitzy regardless, consistency at the spot at least.

After Diggs, my next two receivers lined up were Fitz and Crowder, so I can't fault your thought process.

I think you guys were sleeping on Diggs. He's gonna have a big year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

At this point, it's all risk. :v:

I'm very curious how the last five rounds are gonna play out. As it stands, I am not sure how I will fill out this roster. This poo poo is gonna be interesting.

EDIT: Also, surprised Brandon Marshall lasted this long.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 14, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

VietCampo posted:

drat, i was hoping Henry would make it to me.

We all were.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Veritek83 posted:

Feels weird doubling up on TE, but I feel like it's worth it in the format.

Only if you're right.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

7.08 - CJ Anderson

Not sure how he fell this far, but I'm definitely not complaining. Last year he actually did fairly well in the weeks he played, working as a RB2 before getting hurt. Now the question becomes whether or not he's healthier than Jamaal Charles, and whether or not Denver's emphasis on the passing game will make him worthless. Tons of risk but tons of upside makes it a logical pick around this point in the draft.

He fell because I hate CJ Anderson. It's purely irrational on my part.

Kelvin Benjamin may be fat, but he's still a good receiver. At the very least, he should get me a few big games. I just felt he had the highest floor and ceiling of the receivers left.

Marcus Mariota is a pick I am unsure about. He was the last guy available in my tier and I was worried about another run at quarterbacks before my next pick. Frankly, I am worried I lost some value here.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Bennett has the potential to be a great value at tight end. But since he's a tight end, he could just be a pile of trash.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

How often do rookie tight ends contribute in their first season? I feel like that number has to be low.

Although I love all three first round rookie tight ends to be exceptions to the rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I debated getting Dak, but went with Feast Mode instead. I will likely regret this decision. For me the biggest concern was a sophomore slump.

Same. I'm just not that high on him. I feel his ceiling is lower than a lot of QBs in that same tier and I worry his floor could drop out from under him.

• Locked thread