Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
after Alien:Covenant comes out???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
It never was, so no, I guess

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Prometheus was not good, bad even, terrible

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
Prometheus is literally just 4 gross-out scenes connected loosely by a plot that happens to involves characters mentioned in movies the Alien franchise

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
this is the worst robocop prequel

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
eat poo poo OP

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Prometheus is literally just 4 gross-out scenes connected loosely by a plot that happens to involves characters mentioned in movies the Alien franchise

And cuz I'm sure some goon will be like "actually there's only 2.5 gross scenes"

1. Opening scene, engineer getting plagued to death

2. Fifield getting hosed up

3. Foreigner lady cutting the facehugger out of her

4. Fifield's mutated body attacking

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
OK it get's some mixed review's but it's a classic scifi movie and the consensus here seems to be the A:C is going to be even better

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
hollywood really has no new ideas

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Sintax posted:

OK it get's some mixed review's but it's a classic scifi movie and the consensus here seems to be the A:C is going to be even better

no it sucks.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Sintax posted:

Well its definitely a classic if you remove the letters C L I and C

Because it's just rear end

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Actually this movie was ridley's idea, he just gave up on it when the production company decided that aliens vs predator was a good idea because he thought it would ruin the integrity of the franchise

So think about that. This dude finished up alien4 and was cool with that pile of garbage, and alien3 was no problemo. But AVP? No sir, that's a bridge too far, I will not work with these charlatans!

Oh, wait, more money, you say? Well... okay

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
remember like 20 years ago, when they made a stupid movie about some assholes hand being evil. That was pretty fun

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

You answered without saying anything. That's politics.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
I just tried to rewatch prometheus last week and made it 25 minutes in. And I'm the kind of guy that watched alien3 and 4 and told my friends "well, yeah, it's awful, but I mean it could be worse, and it is an Alien movie..."

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I just tried to rewatch prometheus last week and made it 25 minutes in. And I'm the kind of guy that watched alien3 and 4 and told my friends "well, yeah, it's awful, but I mean it could be worse, and it is an Alien movie..."

Alien Resurrection is always watchable.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Alien Resurrection is always watchable.

Imo both the lovely ones are watchable as long as you have the right expectations going in. Prometheus... not so much

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how the re-using the plot of the first movie.

Find the Engineer ship and then someone gets attacked by a facehugger.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Gonna need the Current Releases guys to weigh in here

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Imo both the lovely ones are watchable as long as you have the right expectations going in. Prometheus... not so much

this is spot on

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Gonna need the Current Releases guys to weigh in here

I can only climax when I have electrodes attached to my balls, does that count as being a Current Release Guy?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
if prometheius was so bad why did another studio just release a knock-off of it? explain

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

agreed

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Care Bear Stairs posted:

this is spot on

I have really good opinions about mediocre sci-fi movies. Ask me about Pitch Black

Gazpacho posted:

if prometheius was so bad why did another studio just release a knock-off of it? explain

Movies don't have to be any good to make money hth

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gazpacho posted:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The best part of Prometheus was like the last 15 minutes

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

vyst posted:

The best part of Prometheus was like the last 15 minutes

If you include the credits I agree

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yea I was

Osric
Sep 25, 2012
Prometheus was a good film. It was genuinely creepy and unsettling, did some visually cool stuff, had some good performances and was brave and smart enough to leave things unanswered and go for existential dread rather than throwing a bunch of new xenomorphs on the screen. The film gets a lot of unfair hate.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
havent seen prometheus but still i bet the alien prequels will all be better than the star wars prequels

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

'metheus rules

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Osric posted:

Prometheus was a good film. It was genuinely creepy and unsettling, did some visually cool stuff, had some good performances and was brave and smart enough to leave things unanswered and go for existential dread rather than throwing a bunch of new xenomorphs on the screen. The film gets a lot of unfair hate.

This is a pretty good troll nice job

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

havent seen prometheus but still i bet the alien prequels will all be better than the star wars prequels

"Huh, there's a solid log of poop on the ground. Well, it's better than if it was diarrhea!"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gazpacho posted:

hear me out here, what if ripley was a time traveller who laid the egg that they found on the nostromo

F hole
May 13, 2008

Dune is a better scifi movie

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

F hole posted:

Dune is a scifi movie

Ftfy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the short David infomercial that got released as promotional material was the best part of the whole thing.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

F hole posted:

Dune is a better scifi movie

dune wasn't even that good of a book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

the short David infomercial that got released as promotional material was the best part of the whole thing.

David is definitely the most compelling character, though it isn't saying much. They actually attempted to make him a real character, at least

• Locked thread