Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
should they rename their company 21st century FOX? seems kind of outdated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Rutibex posted:

drat that's actually a good point I can't believe no one has ever brought this up before

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

they don't want people to confuse them with a defunct realtor company

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
i remember hating this movie cause all the characters were just complete dipshits. unknown alien lifeform? better take off my helmet to get a closer look.....

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Do they even bother explaining:

1. How they can travel across the galaxy all willy nilly
2. How they have 1g gravity on the ship

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I liked the intro to the movie Prometheus, that's pretty much it.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Dr. Carwash posted:

i remember hating this movie cause all the characters were just complete dipshits. unknown alien lifeform? better take off my helmet to get a closer look.....

yeah everyone acts like a huge dumbass the moment they arrive on the planet

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

wide stance posted:

NEERRRRRRRRRRRRRD

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Charlize Theron's demise was the most memorable death scene in film history, narrowly beating the Austin Powers steamroller kill.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Prometheus is a great send up of the golden age of science fiction. The film is filled with an overwhelming sense of dread as these characters delve deeper into the secrets of an ancient civilization of gods alien in their relation to us but which the film alludes to as being the equivalent of a great mother cat freaking out and eating her young only in this scenario the mom feline hates her offspring and everything they represent. The scale of the world the story inhabits can only be described as cyclopean and the scenery recalls the painted covers of pulp space novels. The most striking image in the movie, an astronaut bursting into flames, is heavy with allusion to a type of storytelling which looked up at the heavens and found in the expanse of the cosmos a disturbing madness

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

wide stance posted:

1. stasis sleep and robots driving you there in a slow spaceship, have you ever seen the original Alien?

2. It's a scifi movie

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
imo it helps if you divorce it from the rest of the Alien franchise as its a much different movie

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

The main difference is that the alien movies kick rear end and prometheus sucked dicks

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I bet you also thought alien 2 was better than alien

naem
May 29, 2011

I like Charlize theinrmd's butt

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

wide stance posted:

1: it's set in the future, a time when the technology exists to do so.
2: It's established all the way back in the first Alien movie that humans have artificial gravity technology.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
even the junky Nostromo had artificial gravity, don't worry about it too much.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
alien is overrated

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Les Os posted:

Prometheus is a great send up of the golden age of science fiction. The film is filled with an overwhelming sense of dread as these characters delve deeper into the secrets of an ancient civilization of gods alien in their relation to us but which the film alludes to as being the equivalent of a great mother cat freaking out and eating her young only in this scenario the mom feline hates her offspring and everything they represent. The scale of the world the story inhabits can only be described as cyclopean and the scenery recalls the painted covers of pulp space novels. The most striking image in the movie, an astronaut bursting into flames, is heavy with allusion to a type of storytelling which looked up at the heavens and found in the expanse of the cosmos a disturbing madness
exactly

its not a perfect movie by a long shot buts its not the poo poo that people say it is, not even close

this new alien movie looks like its firing on all cylinders though (thats a car analogy :madmax:)

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The story is good, but the inevitable sequence when a group of people go into an unknown location and die one by one is boring by now.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i think i mostly like it cause KENNY loving POWERS is in it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

qkkl posted:

The story is good, but the inevitable sequence when a group of people go into an unknown location and die one by one is boring by now.

Not rly

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

naem posted:

I like Charlize theinrmd's butt

she has a rl mass effect rear end

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Prometheus is literally just 4 gross-out scenes connected loosely by a plot that happens to involves characters mentioned in movies the Alien franchise

Still the best sci-fi movie. Really tells you the quality of the genre imo

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Prometheus is a really well made bad movie

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You pilot the ship by playing a flute jfc

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

numberoneposter posted:

this new alien movie looks like its firing on all cylinders though (thats a car analogy :madmax:)

I always thought it was an analogy for battleships firing from their cylinder shaped cannons..

I saw Prometheus when it came out, I don't really remember much about it except the rapidly growing slug/starfish thing?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Remember when the guy with the map on his wrist turned back along with the guy who was afraid of aliens? And then remember how map guy got lost, despite being the one with the map? And then the guy who was afraid of aliens met an alien and reacted like it was an adorable kitten, even though it looked like a cobra and was actively threatening him?

What a great movie.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I fell asleep in the theater when I watched this movie, I think my gf at the time did too so we ended up paying $11 for a 2 hour nap

SonofRock
Sep 27, 2006

So divine.
College Slice
Wow we made it to the secret space people planet, good job team! Alright let's head on down there and in no way think about or plan for any surprise glass storms. Old crypt keeper Guy Pearce is really crackin' the whip on us, I tell ya hwhat.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
The plot of Prometheus was unmitigated garbage. Nothing about it made sense and the characters acted idiotically the whole time. It ended up being both stupid and boring.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

fuckin triiggggggered

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i liked the movie

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Dachshundofdoom posted:

And then remember how map guy got lost, despite being the one with the map?

I haven't seen the movie in a while, but the map was being uploaded to the ship and I think the map guy got lost because of interference from the storm outside or something. Still dumb that he wouldn't have a copy of the map on the device he had with him.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

i watch the movie once and think i enjoyed it. Too scared to try watching it again in-case i was wrong.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

TheMostFrench posted:

I always thought it was an analogy for battleships firing from their cylinder shaped cannons..

Did you really

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Damon Lindelof co wrote it so it was shitted up with basic bitch christian mythology like everything that hack writes.
Lost, the Leftovers feature the same non-mysteries and stupid characters and shallow overblown bullshit.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I never saw Prometheus and probably won't see the covenant thing but I'd just like to say Equilibrium is the best science fiction movie of all time and always will be.

e: starship troopers is close though

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Watson stop MBI, me!

*sheesh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I never saw Prometheus and probably won't see the covenant thing but I'd just like to say Equilibrium is the best science fiction movie of all time and always will be.

e: starship troopers is close though

look at this idiot who never saw total recall

• Locked thread