Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

numberoneposter posted:

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Upvotes from redditors? Another glorious day on the Forums! A day on the Awful Forums is like a day on the farm. Every mod knew! Every probation a lifetime! Every post an empty quote! I *love* the Forums!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hakimashou posted:

Any of you play Aliens Online long long ago?

Yep.

Marines don't use the smart gun if the Aliens don't use that drat tail.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

bushisms.txt posted:

Ridley is such a hack. Got jealous of blokamp's project and now he's scrambling to put together another terrible prequel. Maybe he'll go full Lucas and make a third to cap off this nonsensical arc he started.

He's apparently planning two more. The third is greenlit and is scheduled to begin filming in 2018. The two additional films are supposed to explain who made the Xenomorphs and why, and will set up the events leading to Alien. That's what I heard anyway.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Reminder that the Engineers got real mad at us because we killed The Jesus, that is why they were going to drop black goop on us 2000 years ago.

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/aliens-prometheus-angry-killed-space-jesus.html

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The trailer blows, it's ANOTHER ship with eggs and morons touching them. And the incredibly obvious CGI alien at the end was distracting to look at.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
FOUND FOOTAGE IS SO COOL GUYS OMG

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
I saw prometheus in theaters and I'm going to see this stupid bullshit in theaters too. I'm a goddamn idiot and can't help myself

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Angela Lansburial posted:

I saw prometheus in theaters and I'm going to see this stupid bullshit in theaters too. I'm a goddamn idiot and can't help myself

I think this next one is going to be much better than Prometheus was.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Why

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Lindelof isn't involved in it, so I'm tentatively hopeful.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Lindelof isn't involved in it, so I'm tentatively hopeful.

how is he involved in anything

how does he still get work

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

You are not alone.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Now I want to see it too. This thread is pumping me up.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

how is he involved in anything

how does he still get work

Don't know. Lot's of ideas I guess?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 4, 2017

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't think Ridley Scott is a hack. I like him as a matter of fact. :shrug:

naem
May 29, 2011

There better be hot laidies

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
There's going to be some space babes and killer genital aliens that's for sure

god bless ridley scott or should i just say ridley scott bless himself haha

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

haha yeah i hope a strong female lead defeats the patriarchal penis monster once and for all

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't think Ridley Scott is a hack. I like him as a matter of fact. :shrug:

i dont think he was the problem with prometheus, it's just a dumb script with dumb characters

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Maya Fey posted:

i dont think he was the problem with prometheus, it's just a dumb script with dumb characters

Yeah, it was just that someone said he was a hack. Assumingly because Prometheus was made, therefore everything he's ever done is now bad.

Hey, someone make a Starship Troopers thread. I'm watching it now and it's just so brilliant. I'm too lazy.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Remember when somehow they managed to get Ridley preggers with an alien hybrid babby lmao

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

vyst posted:

Remember when somehow they managed to get Ridley preggers with an alien hybrid babby lmao

Alien Resurrection was my least favorite. Alien 3 was Citizen Kane in comparison in my opinion.

Actually I like Alien 3 now. After watching the directors cut a few times I began to like it. There is no redemption for what they did to Hicks and Newt but I can't change that as much as I want to. The rest of the movie isn't so bad though. Ripley is one badass motherfucker.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 5, 2017

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

vyst posted:

iirc rippley is a hybrid herself in that one because they reconstructed her from her dna + the one from the alien inside her, which also makes no sense

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Alien Resurrection was my least favorite. Alien 3 was Citizen Kane in comparison in my opinion.

Actually I like Alien 3 now. After watching the directors cut a few times I began to like it. There is no redemption for what they did to Hicks and Newt but I can't change that as much as I want to. The rest of the movie isn't so bad though. Ripley is one badass motherfucker.

it's not as bad as people make it out to be but it doesn't feel like an alien movie. it's like they used a script they had lying around and put an alien in it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Maya Fey posted:

it's not as bad as people make it out to be but it doesn't feel like an alien movie. it's like they used a script they had lying around and put an alien in it

Yeah I get that. It was very... bizarre. Also it didn't help that they had some sort of sepia filter glued to the camera.

Woah, didn't realize David Fincher directed it. That explains a little.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Prometheus was pretty good

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I saw a lot of super patronising comments in CD about Prometheus, such as "people expected an Alien movie, that's why they were disappointed"

Whereas I think infact people expected a movie as good as Alien.

I don't much like Ridleys comment that he's going to crank out Alien movies now, I'd prefer it if he said he was going to crank out really good movies. I have no problem at all with Prometheus "not being an Alien movie".

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I saw a lot of super patronising comments in CD about Prometheus, such as "people expected an Alien movie, that's why they were disappointed"

Whereas I think infact people expected a movie as good as Alien.

I don't much like Ridleys comment that he's going to crank out Alien movies now, I'd prefer it if he said he was going to crank out really good movies. I have no problem at all with Prometheus "not being an Alien movie".

I permanently gave up on CD years ago when I realized that criticizing SMG's posts in any way was a quick way to lose ten bucks.

Prometheus was a disappointment because the involvement of Ridley Scott and the visuals of the ads set expectations sky high. When it delivered characters acting as though they were in a Friday the Thirteenth movie, people were rightly disappointed.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
"As good as Alien" is about the only Alien series-based metric Prometheus doesn't live up to.

Repo Man posted:

I permanently gave up on CD years ago when I realized that criticizing SMG's posts in any way was a quick way to lose ten bucks.

lol no it isn't

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
They're filming this thing right now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Predator_(film)

whoo boy can't wait

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Boyd Holbrook as Quinn McKenna,

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Hey Jake Busey is Jake Busey though, could easily have another Starship Troopers on our hands for all we know.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

lets remake alien and predator 4ever because apparently we are so creatively bankrupt these days we can't even come up with some new monster action movies

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

as much as i love the 'metheus this is all true and an acute observation the movie is simultaneously lovely and makes no sense and also not great pulp big budget scifi

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 5, 2017

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Maldoror posted:

whoo boy can't wait

Fun fact! The director of this, Shane Black, was murdered and disemboweled by the original Predator!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Fartbox posted:

lets remake alien and predator 4ever because apparently we are so creatively bankrupt these days we can't even come up with some new monster action movies

I'm ok with this.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Maldoror posted:

whoo boy can't wait

wikipedia posted:

.Jacob Tremblay as Quinn's troubled son, who has a form of autism and is bullied in school but becomes a key player in the fight against the Predators due to his preternatural ability to learn languages.

uh...this is wiki vandalism right?

right?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
hahah nope, its all true.
at some point during pre production shane black saw 'arrival' and was like "YESSS" *inhales deeply from bag of farts* "YESSSSSSSS" /derail

so how bout them aliens huh?

Jose Mengelez fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Jose Mengelez posted:

uh...this is wiki vandalism right?

right?

i didnt know stephen king was involved

• Locked thread