Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Osric
Sep 25, 2012
Prometheus was a good film. It was genuinely creepy and unsettling, did some visually cool stuff, had some good performances and was brave and smart enough to leave things unanswered and go for existential dread rather than throwing a bunch of new xenomorphs on the screen. The film gets a lot of unfair hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osric
Sep 25, 2012
I would happily tolerate a great number of minor plot niggles in a film that has a tone, establishes it well, and doesn't feel the need to have something jump out on you every two minutes.

Prometheus genuinely left me feeling unsettled in a way that none of the Alien sequels do, it is a real existential/body horror that made my skin crawl. The scene where Noomi Rapace performs a c-section on herself deservedly gets a lot of attention but I think my favourite moment is when the old guy wakes the Engineer. The thing looks at this grasping, violent, selfish little old man and his android buddy with a mix of love, disappointment, and fear, and then answers their existential questions by murdering the poo poo out of them.

• Locked thread