Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/Picketer/status/858803205915856896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Blonde Australian girl accepts Columbian 6kg package of headphones no questions asked and gets on plane.

https://fundrazr.com/51EP39

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

turning up to centrelink appointments just to get paid, presumably as opposed to turning up to centrelink appointments due to the cheery atmosphere and enjoyable conversations you have at the centrelink offices

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
gently caress. Its May already.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

BBJoey posted:

turning up to centrelink appointments just to get paid, presumably as opposed to turning up to centrelink appointments due to the cheery atmosphere and enjoyable conversations you have at the centrelink offices

Doing the minimum required to get the pittance from the system designed to dehumanise and oppress you? Say it ain't so. I'm surprised it's as low as 2.5%. It's almost like nearly all of these people desperately want to work and lovely economic circumstances are driving their unemployment.

EDIT: Dehumanise yourself and face to centrelink.

hooman fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 1, 2017

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
2.5% seems like a really low number

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I have no idea what to think of this one. If she has been framed how would the guy who planted it on her know where to get the stuff at the other end?

If she did do it, she must be monumentally stupid. At least she wasn't trying to smuggle drugs out of a country with a death sentence for it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

She did it.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I really can't understand why the libs thought good debt/bad debt would help them. Theyre the only ones who bring it up. And they're not going to win the next election anyway. Basically just gave away their ability to whinge about debt.

I was listening to an interview with Scott Morrison this morning, and basically describing the standard economics theory of variable costs versus fixed costs, but for some reason is using good debt / bad debt.

I mean the logic is sound in that there's a certain level of fixed costs that can't be changed easily / at all, and so you want to make sure that your revenue covers off these costs at a minimum. variable costs are much more controllable (i.e. embarking on infrastructure projects) and so it's taking on debt to cover these more controllable costs is understandable.

However, trying to call them bad debt and good debt though is purely an exercise in spin, and is pretty dumb as a whole.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Follow minimum rules to get Centrelink benefits: bad

Follow tax rules to avoid paying billions: nothing can be done

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

starkebn posted:

This guy gets it.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

starkebn posted:

No what needs to be done is for the tax rate to be lowered so that these companies decide to stop minimising tax out of the goodness of their heart because they need to minimise less of it now.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

No what needs to be done is for the tax rate to be lowered so that these companies decide to stop minimising tax out of the goodness of their heart because they need to minimise less of it now.

So, zero tax. Right?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

So, zero tax. Right?

Too obvious, some tax with enough write downs, public funding, grants and loopholes that it is effectively zero.

Now how do we solve this problem with bad debt? Better cut welfare again.

EDIT: Obligatory "WHY DOES OUR ECONOMY KEEP SHRINKING AND WAGES KEEP STAGNATING? I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE."

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/rharris334/status/858904375216951296

:munch:

edit: looks like tweet got deleted so here is a screenshot

Bogan King fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 1, 2017

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

EDIT: Obligatory "WHY DOES OUR ECONOMY KEEP SHRINKING AND WAGES KEEP STAGNATING? I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE."

but we have to shrink the economy to attract businesses to Australia!!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I have no idea what to think of this one. If she has been framed how would the guy who planted it on her know where to get the stuff at the other end?

If she did do it, she must be monumentally stupid. At least she wasn't trying to smuggle drugs out of a country with a death sentence for it.

Lets leave it at that her story is she went to Colombia to pick up headphones.

Yeah she just got caught.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Lid posted:

Lets leave it at that her story is she went to Colombia to pick up headphones.

Yeah she just got caught.

That was the working part of her 'working holiday' they keep calling it? So guilty.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Bogan King posted:

That was the working part of her 'working holiday' they keep calling it? So guilty.

Shes a personal trainer. The working was a solo marketing trip to promote personal training, but not by her as she was leaving to go back to Australia. There are other issues with this being the work.

Edit here

“Although Cassie is a PT, she is not currently personal training and hasn’t been for six months. I don’t know why that was mentioned at all,” Mr Broadbridge wrote on the fundraising page.

This is her fiance.

Lid fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 1, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

If anyone has anything more on that Lyinghat b&e / murder threat feel free to share it. Can't find anything else floating around as yet.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bogan King posted:

If anyone has anything more on that Lyinghat b&e / murder threat feel free to share it. Can't find anything else floating around as yet.

Nobody watches Sky

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Nobody watches Sky

The only person who watched sky in the replies before it got deleted said 'I saw it was leyonhjelm and muted the tv because gently caress that guy' or something to that effect.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bogan King posted:

The only person who watched sky in the replies before it got deleted said 'I saw it was leyonhjelm and muted the tv because gently caress that guy' or something to that effect.

:lol:

E: Just checked twitter to see if there's any more mentions and :
https://twitter.com/DavidLeyonhjelm/status/858880916353015808

MysticalMachineGun fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 1, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Seeing as Lyinhat looks like a fizzer we return to our regular bullshit.

The SMH posted:

Resources Minister Matt Canavan banks with Westpac, the company he has labelled "wimps" and encouraged Queenslanders to think about boycotting over its refusal to finance the giant Adani coal mine.

And Finance Minister Mathias Cormann and Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, who have both backed Senator Canavan's combative approach to Westpac, are also customers of Australia's second largest bank.

Senator Canavan, who blasted Westpac as spineless for refusing to fund Adani's proposed Carmichael mine in the face of climate change protests, has a Westpac savings account, according to the parliamentary register of interests, along with accounts with Commonwealth Bank, ING and HSBC.

"May I suggest those Queenslanders who are seeking a home loan or a long-term bank deposit or some such in the next few months might want to back a bank that is backing the interests of Queenslanders," he said over the weekend.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Bogan King posted:

Seeing as Lyinhat looks like a fizzer we return to our regular bullshit.

Me Bank is a good choice

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
QUEENSLANDERS would purge at least seven Federal Coalition MPs from office – including senior Cabinet minister Peter Dutton – to deliver Bill Shorten a decisive and devastating election win, a shock new poll reveals.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/hughriminton/status/858924877448749056

RIP higher education

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
How many years will this be without actually passing a budget?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I don't drink or drive but this makes me want to start both

https://twitter.com/VictoriaPolice/status/858909920866861056

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

starkebn posted:

So what exactly are the maximum rules for Centrelink? Just so I'm clear on how much of a dredge to humanity I am.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bogan King posted:

They jacked up the entire Calder Freeway for about three hours after Bruce Springsteen and had four people out of whatever thousands blow over .05. Then they made a press release stating the behaviour of people was disappointing and it saddened officers to see so many people "didn't get the message still" and had a drink then drove a car. Presumably this was referring to people like me that had two cans before 7pm, then drove a vehicle at 11pm because they didn't catch a massive payload of drink drivers and were pissed off.

JBP fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 1, 2017

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Spudd posted:

So what exactly are the maximum rules for Centrelink? Just so I'm clear on how much of a dredge to humanity I am.

getting a job and stopping payments, ya bum

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

To put this into perspective 6KG of headphones is roughly 24 Sennheiser HD600s or 12 Audeze LCD2s.

Maybe if she was walking onto the plane with a whole cargo pallet I might believe her story. But a box that would fit into luggage? Yeah, nah.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Tokamak posted:

getting a job and stopping payments, ya bum

So it should be instead

Be on welfare in any way at all: bad

Although welfare for the rich: good

?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJlmZLHNFAE

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
The May Day march was really good in Brisbane. If you were there, I was part of the abortion rights crew.

Made sure to shout extra loud at the SDA peeps before joining the march

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Bogan King posted:

I like how Sober self is sweaty and jittery while drunk self is steady and calm

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The ABC are keeping it loving classy by calling the Shahada hand sign an 'Islamic State salute'

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Here’s What’s Going On With Those Ridiculous Young Property Stories

• Locked thread