Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sea kayaking is grand, whale watching heightened by the possibility of getting mega owned by a casual bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I couldn't tell you, though I wouldn't be surprised. I can tell you, as a flatland canoer myself, that at every marine mammal encounter several members of our party would beat a hasty retreat, while others of us would linger briefly in awe before following suit.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Kayaks, while not quite hang gliders, are kinda being abandoned. Packrafts, so hot right now. Four-figure pool toys :getin:

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

bongwizzard posted:

Also I bought a pair of packrafts last spring and have still never used them.

How much do you want for them?

I understand the thing where you buy the gear for the idea. I was married and on track to buy a pair of sea kayaks and have them collect dust. Instead I bought a single packraft off craigslist, and the next day learned first hand what swiftwater is. The story I tell is that I then sold it because I got spooked by that experience. However my buddy is probably correct that my selling it was more to do with marriage. I kept the proceeds from the boat sale in a box, thinking if the relationship went south that's my bug out bag. It was not nearly so dramatic but I am now divorced. Last season I borrowed half a dozen people's boats. I'm still not super enthralled by the activity itself, but it is for sure the social scene right now. Last week I bought my own again, and hit the same river I first tried. This weekend we are talking about a 4am trailhead start to ski to a river that might still be ice choked. Thank you for reading my boat story.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

bongwizzard posted:

Are you stoned in the woods right now?

Also I really want to use the things, but my hiking buddy and I have never remembered to mess round with them when he's at the house, and I really don't want to try to inflate these things for the first time at the side of the river.

Eternally, forever and amen

Dude, hit that poo poo. Blowing is easy, bring some tyvek if you're worried about a leak. Shred the gnar bra

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This ones a good cheap boat too
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01C...8PcL&ref=plSrch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Two people in a canoe be like- Watch out for that rock! Paddle left! No right! Quick- oofgh. Woah, sweet.

Two people in a kayak be like- Why aren't you paddling? I'm doing all the work. Why are you taking us over here? I should have the rudder. Hmmf.

• Locked thread