Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So I just spent an hour and half melting a screen and plastic into a sizable hole in one of my canoes with a plastic welder.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Can I take this thing out in my backyard pond today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

bongwizzard posted:

If you use a plastic welder, it shouldn't require any cure time unless you used some kind of adhesive somewhere in the process. Maybe tie a rope around one of the grab handles for the first little bit while you test the patch?

Nice. I'm going to drink 'sparkling water' and troll around my little pond. It's only 4 ft deep and gonna be like 40 feet offshore so I should survive with a life jacket on

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I can confirm that you can make a water tight seal with the plastic welding kit from Harbor Freight. So if you've got a little crack maybe look into one of those. I had a hole that was up to 3/4" at some points.

Also make sure you drill into the ends of the crack to prevent it from fracturing further in the future.

• Locked thread