Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeisureSuit Canary
Dec 27, 2012

I'm pretty fat and haven't had any issues with my zydeco 11. It's weight limit is 325lbs If I remember right. My buddy's sit on top has a weight limit of 325 as well.

Getting out of it is a bit awkward but at worst I end up getting wet. It might also be inexperience and clumsiness that's causing that issue.

I haven't had any issues with paddling. My arms were sore after the first few times out but stopped pretty quickly. Last time out I covered 3 miles throughout the day and had no issues. That was split up by a few hours of fishing though.

My kayak is rigged for fishing and I can reach and access its storage without issue even with the poles and lines. It was awkward accessing things behind me at first but I got past that once I became more comfortable in it.

I'd say main thing is don't let nervousness about your size hold you back. My kayak was an impulse buy because it was more than half off at EMS due to a ripped seat cover. My buddy held it for me and helped get me set up. It sat for over a year because a mix of nervousness and work sucking. I wish I started using it sooner.

Your best bet might be looking for a rental spot and just try some out. I'm rather inexperienced though so you'd have better luck asking others how to get started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread