Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snugglebunny
Aug 21, 2004
go to hell
I know it's not a kayak technically but has anyone tried out an Old Town Next Canoe?
https://www.oldtowncanoe.com/canoes/next/

I've got a sit on top kayak right now but just don't like being that, exposed I guess is the right word. As a big guy (285lbs) finding a sit in kayak is hard, most I've tried just are not comfy at all, just too snug on the sides.
I'm not looking to do anything crazy, just some fishing and floating on lakes and rivers.
Of course I can't find anyone selling one used this looks to be selling in stores here for around $850

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snugglebunny
Aug 21, 2004
go to hell

Liquid Communism posted:

Take a look at Ascend's sit-ins. I'm seventy-five pounds heavier than you, and their (now out of production) 12' never had a problem with me.

The D10 maxes out at 300, but will absolutely go another 50lbs beyond that, and is plenty comfortable. 29" wide cockpit and a seat that's pretty much a deck chair.

Thanks for that suggestion. Been looking at them, saw a couple of the D10 selling locally for $350 but I think the 12 would be better for me.

• Locked thread