Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

eviljelly posted:

The Challenger K1 is rated to 220 lb. The Challenger K2 is rated to 400 lb. They'd probably be able to support a bit more weight but personally I wouldn't want to push the weight limits on something that keeps me afloat.

Im about 275 and got the K2 for just me. It's nice for paddling around the shore of the lake and I can lay down in it and chill (6 foot 2), but I wouldn't want to take it out further than a couple hundred of feet where the real boats are.

I'll definitely want to upgrade for next year, but it's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

eviljelly posted:

Can I ask you why you wouldn't take it more than a couple of hundred feet out? I'm a total noob at kayaking so I'm just wondering what makes this not suitable for going out a bit further. I've seen plenty of $700+ inflatable kayaks advertised at local kayak stores as seaworthy.

I felt it wasnt stable enough with all the weight in the back and the wake from big boats would come over the side.

• Locked thread