Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, Naked Link is a pretty hard mode to run with. He takes an extra half-heart of damage even from most of these lovely Bokoblin weapons, which is kind of a bad thing when you've got exactly three hearts.

Good old closed-box cooking, though. That's a Hylian classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That's some nice animation work. Well done!

Can't wait to see where else you gently caress off to on this plateau.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hmm. If you're looking for a food challenge, how about this? This is a beautiful world and we're going to taste as much of it as possible. Link will only eat foods made up of all different ingredients.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the idea of Link the tourist. All visiting strange lands, donning their exotic garb with little concern for its intended purpose, and never color-coordinating anything.

Because even before we left the plateau, we found, what, three weapons that could one-shot Naked Three Hearts Link?

But for a general direction? Well, facing down Ganon knowing jack dick about his real power didn't work out too well last time, it would seem. I think we need to at least get our memory back. ...somehow.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Mega64 posted:

Otherwise, nothing else here besides a dog.

Are these the first dogs in Zelda? ...that aren't Yorkies or Chain Chomps, I mean?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Mega64 posted:

https://my.mixtape.moe/hfqgpq.mp4

Giant Horse is the hardest boss in the game.

reary into stompy = TOO GOOD?!

I wonder how many other damage sources do that.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Bruceski posted:

Sue, Sport-Utility Equine

This has my vote!

I like how you can't make the giant horse sprint. Perhaps your body could not withstand it?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Are Kass's little riddle jingles references to prior series music? I could swear the one he played for the dragon river sounded familiar.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm surprised there are still roads out here. I vote to follow a road or road-like substance into this new area and see if it leads to another stable.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"5 stars! Wait, I can't shoot it. 1 star!"

Bless you, Traysi.

Blaysi.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do Bokoblins deal more damage based on what kind of weapon they're holding when they get tossed at you, or is it more of a fixed value based perhaps on skull impact?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Bless you for keeping track of those deaths.

Cherry-tapped by an unattended physics object was my favorite.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can you actually get Brokka's entire song if you listen intently at a casual and non-creepy distance?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A goddamn ninja clan rivalry is not the thing I thought Zelda was missing, but it fits in there pretty well.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Saturnine Aberrance posted:

My jaw was just hanging open throughout that whole dragon experience. I had heard a lot about the game, and watched several hours of it on streams closer to release, but I had never heard anything about that scene. Absolutely amazing.

Yeah, I like how they kept a lid on the dragons through marketing.

It makes them seem like they're... not supposed to be there? If that makes sense?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how the drunken traveler just tells you how he failed to get to any of those places.

One of those pictures does look kind of obviously desert-y, though, with the oasis town and the palm trees. See if you can get there, and if you can, go whichever direction your shadow is pointing when you get there.

...unless it's night, then I dunno.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
In Calamity Hyrule, goats herd you!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Killed when your own flaming weapon sets the grass on fire.

I like how stupid/deserved death by physics engine happens to the players and enemies alike.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, the Zora make some big bridges. That they don't need. At all.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Mzbundifund posted:

It was a neat idea to make the various Zoras have different fish-shaped heads. Muzu's a manta ray, Sidon's a hammerhead shark, the king of course is a great white. They do a good job integrating the various fishes to make that particular zora's facial expression have certain tone to it. Muzu looks droopy and sad while Sidon looks aggressive and heroic.

It's a neat idea but it also makes a lot of sense? The human-readable parts of most of your aquarium all-stars are basically just a face and a haircut.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that they put in a guy to tutorialize the diving and waterfall climbing and the excuse they gave him is that he's basically trying to cook off all the adrenaline after he dove off a tower into the river.

...I wonder if there's a place on the tower you'd be able to do that from, or if you'd need to have a little Zora air control.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Sidon looks a little too dark for red and a little too light for crimson. His style is impetuous.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Bruceski posted:

At which point everyone who has played this game stops paying attention to the cutscene and starts trying to remember where that shrine is so they can hit it.

Also what the hell, did the elephant turn into water and flow through the dam or something?

Because that'd be amazing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, nice, those are some pretty nice directions if you can read a map and get creative. A single diamond is probably the best thing anybody can drop on you, but I agree that finding ten things is probably a little more than even a diamond is worth.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do the guardians shoot at the Bokoblins too, or will they only target you? Seems like they'd be really good at raising a ruckus when you were trying to sneak around a Guardian.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Quick, find some way to stick an octo balloon to yourself!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Bolson Construction feels like kind of a weird transplant in some respects, but then again, it's been generations since Calamity Ganon. People haven't really been living in fear of him all this time. Sometimes you can just grow up and have normal construction-man concerns.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Being a skull whose body went for a swim and never came back must really suck.

Isn't that right, Murray?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Look, man, his name is Beedle. He carries around a giant backpack shaped like a beetle. I don't know what you were expecting when you caught a beetle and ran up to him, but you probably should have been expecting that.

(Also, baby needs his arrow fix and Beedle's the only supplier. What's that, Linky? You can quit any time? Sure you can, dear.)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wait, the shrines work like Goddess Statues too?

...well, I mean, yeah, there's one there. It just seemed more important than a heart container dispenser.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how there's an ocean breeze to discourage you from ballooning over to the center of the spiral.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So when did Robbie make his pose-activated power chord? Honestly I could believe he did it at any given point in his life.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The spring was a Kass quest, right? Does he have anything to say once it's done, or has he moved on?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, I guess to Gorons lava rain is actually kind of preferable to the other kind.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So if you cook together sugar, spice, and the local equivalents of "everything nice" and "Chemical X", what do you get?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh, that's right. Gorons are usually the guys who get you acquainted with bombs in these games.

I wonder what Boss was using to fire the cannon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh thank heaven you finally got a heart container. There's only so much armor can do.

• Locked thread