Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, almost exactly how catching the Giant Horse went for me. Although I didn't do or even have the quest, and I beelined straight for a stable to register him. Got chased by horse monsters too. Let's hope he manages to not think of ants.

Also I hope Link didn't forget anything in the Shrine of Resurrection when he woke up. :ohdear:

Oh also all your screenshots with Link on quarter of a heart make me very apprehensive. It's a neat way of making screenshots of actiony bits exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ah, durians. The magical fruit.

Also I really like the Wizrobe designs in this. And the way they sort of skip through the air. And from some angles they look a bit like that cool cryptid Japanese games seem to like so much.

Also also I've been using this LP a bit to explore some of the areas you've shown in my own game so thanks for the inspiration

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well there's something I need to do next Zelda session, that hat rules.

Something I really like about this game is that you can always do everything in a shrine. As far as I can tell anyway. It's never come back when you have thing X, but sometimes thing Y makes things easier. Well, I guess there's a few that technically you'd need supplies for if you didn't want to make yourself miserable.

Also my first Blood Moon came just after I'd beaten up some bad guys in a cramped den and they all respawned around me so I bravely ran away. The effect is still really cool even later on though. Every so often I'll miss the embers and I'll wonder what the big ominous light is and then I suddenly remember. Also also I always feel pleased with myself when a Blood Moon triggers. It makes me think "good, I did enough things that the game had to do something about it".

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like Taluses exploding in purple fireballs like they do. Especially when combined with something you can do later.

Eventide is cool. Especially when you're just about ready to stop and you go "hey, I'll just go land on that island and call it a day". It was great though, I'd even heard of Eventide and what it was like but I hadn't looked at the map and thought it was way up north so it still managed to surprise me. Which is probably good, if I was prepared for it I probably would have done some of the cheese things to it and it was good fun even if very tense at times.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I was convinced something horrible would happen in that shrine. The voice just sounded shady to me.

Bruceski posted:

Shoot an arrow into a wild animal and go the direction it runs

This but hit in the head with a rock.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Bruceski posted:

For people keeping track of music references, Hestu dances to Manbo's Mambo.

Oh, that's why I like his dance so much. And Hestu in general, he's the best.

Also for that chest in the shrine with the bandana I just aggressively glided at it and eventually the game took pity on me and let me up.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like how Great Fairies in this series are always really different. I mean, sure, they're usually giant women but there's a lot of variety between them. WW ones are still the best I think. These Clown Box ones are very good though.

Also I spent a lot of time goofing off before going to Kakariko the first time, so the combat was rough as hell for quite a while.

Also also I will definitely be voting Hateno but not just for the rune. For fashion.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think the Zora armor was the first set I completed. I dyed it red to match Sidon of course. So I'll just vote for that for now. Oh, and maybe go poke around Zora's Domain and see if you can find a nice sword and shield to go with it?

Also I started a quest to have Hylian Hoods in every colour. They seem to get restocked quite often so that's handy.

I can't really decide what I think about Lynels. They're fun to fight but take a bit too long I think.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The dyeing process is just wonderful. Well, probably less so for the froggos

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, this bit is cool. Also where I learned about the arrow slowdown thingamajig. I was far too pleased with myself for recognizing the symbol on the ice and trying Cryonis though. Game is good at making you feel clever for working stuff like that out.

Also I really like the idea of the water monster being an elephant. It's something I don't remember seeing much and it was cool when I found out the plesiosaur thing I was expecting was actually an elephant

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, that was my experience. This one was the least interesting but only because the other ones were just more interesting. I managed to do them in the order of interestingness to me completely by accident, which was nice.

I like that it does the elephant noise every time you move the trunk. It's especially good when you are moving it one bit at a time to make sure you get the right target.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

My first try doing that spear shrine quest went a little awry. Let's just say good thing Mipha's Grace was charged.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Running around the field early on was tremendous fun, if a little frustrating. I went on a big stubborn tower deathmarch before doing much else and that is the bit that sticks with me the most. And a lot of lasery death.

And it's still kind of tricky later, I've got all but one piece of the DLC clothing and it has involved dodging a lot of lasers. And eating a lot of lasers, come to think of it. Guardians are really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Something black but with Peach trousers. Also yes, do something North. As North as possible and then jump into the sea, assuming there's one up there.

Also your lawn could do with a trim before you go gallivanting off.

• Locked thread