Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Just caught up to the LP. I'm surprised how well an SSLP of this game works but it totally does. There's enough downtime and movement from place to place that a VLP would get a little tiring but here we get a what's essentially a highlight reel of your adventure. Enjoying it so far; definitely keeping this one bookmarked.

That giant horse...I thought the same as you guys about it being Ganondorf's old horse, or at least inspired by it. So I named it Ganondorf. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That merchant mentioned a place called Lurelin Village. We should see if we can find it after exploring those ruins.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Oh boy private island!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'd have more for my Switch if I was in a better place financially but I bought it knowing I wanted to play Zelda and other eventual 1st party titles but that I wouldn't be able to splurge on tons of games for it right away.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

As far as I know, the multiple Blood Moons occurring mid-day is a result of a bug with the game. The only way to consistently fix it that I found was to close the game and restart it. Apparently it was the result of the game being kept on for too long, which with the Switch's sleep mode functions was exactly what was happening to me.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Well don't worry because if you keep reading you'll find that that changes shortly.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Had you been there before on your first save?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'd say go to Kakariko first and do some plot.

Another suggestion: We've seen the southeastern-most point, let's to go the northwestern-most.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Man I love how you can some puzzles in this game.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I vote Hateno just so we can get rid of earlygame plot obligations and then really have the world completely open to us.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Glad to see we're going to Hateno but can I make a request? Even if we're going to go to Hateno, let's not use the roads. Let's cross country our way there! It'll be more interesting! Maybe.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Now the gameselfies can truly begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The journey up to Zora's Domain was probably one of the most memorable parts of the game for me when I played for the first time. There was just something about following the path through the rain, fighting tons of enemies, gearing up and receiving encouragement from Sidon the whole way that really stuck with me. I think I was on that path for somewhere around an hour just making my way there, exploring as I went. And then to come into Zora's Domain and see how cool the place looked was just the cherry on top.

Cythereal posted:

Maybe it's just me, but somewhere along the line seemingly every woman in Zelda games having the hots for link (whether or not they're mammals, or in one case from my childhood, even an animal) went from an amusing joke to downright creepy.

At least in this case, the feelings between Mipha and Link appear to be mutual, unlike Ruto's shotgun wedding idea in Ocarina.

• Locked thread