Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I love the Champion's tunic so much: it's useful, it's sturdy and it's got a great, simple design that goes with just about anything.

shame its upgrade costs though! :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Junpei posted:

Mipha (and, if it wasn't obvious, the other Champions in their Divine Beasts)... I feel conflicted about her. What made Navi, Tatl, and Fi annoying to people was usually how they pointed out obvious things/gave away the solutions for puzzles you were probably supposed to solve for yourself. But Mipha and the others, while they do encourage you, don't give you hints or answers, and I'm not sure if that's a step forward or a step back.

It is an incredible step forward, or at least a huge symbol of the gameplay strides BotW makes: a lot of previous 3D Zelda's had it so that you could get stuck because you simply didn't know that X item could have Y effect (sometimes only in this dungeon!), at least that's about the only time I ever seemed to get stuck as a kid. By giving you all of your tools in the first hour or so and teaching you how to use them, while still having a lot of little tricks that you can use at anytime is amazing. I would have to really look into the older 3D games again, but there is a sort of continuity and simplicity to BotW that older games lack which mostly helps the overworld but makes dungeons neat as well.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Hell, there are goddess statues in the middle of nowhere, finding them rules. If it's a smiling woman with their eyes closed and blocky wings, you can trade in spirit orbs.

• Locked thread