Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I can't even compete with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

alnilam

cda

by Hand Knit

Munchables posted:

I can't even compete with this

Too bad, because you have to.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

They Might Be

I've put on my nicest suit to make this comment. It's navy blue, a light knit for spring, finished with two dull brass buttons. Both are currently undone, exposing a tie the color of a milkweed pod with a shirt as as crisp and blue as the sky tucked in behind. The outfit is sparsely accessorized, featuring a chestnut brown belt complete with similarly dulled hardware, lived-in flat fronted chinos, and a sensible pair of matching leather loafers (sockless).

"This pageant has been fun. Thanks for giving me a 5/10 for trying to record a nice folk cover, and calling a photoshopped speedo on a molted bug exoskeleton unjudgeable in the same breath you rated a lovely bird photoshopped in a bathing suit and a great ms-painted ascii middle finger with no complaints. I love you all"

-the least talented boy in byob

Edit after receiving so many nice PMs: I'm really sorry for confusing you all with my entry. I figured every good pagent needs some drama so I worked it into my entry. I posted right after in the chat thread that it was satire, but in retrospect that wasn't the best solution. I do love you all and my feelings aren't hurt!!

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 16, 2017

joke_explainer

This competition is getting pretty spicy!

joke_explainer fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 16, 2017

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

guys i feel really confident that i finally look my best for this so please don't judge me too harshly okay

it's a big step for me to post a full body picture anywhere on line and so i'm feeling really nervous

here goes

i feel so pretty :3

FluffieDuckie

i said i wasn't going to say anything about anyone's body but you're hot :)

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Peg Sliderskew
I was planning to remodel my artistic golem to even greater beauty, but I've had pleurisy and a recurrent chest infection for two months now and there's no more petrol (gas) in the tank. So here is me in the closest thing I have to an evening gown.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Munchables

This is my contest entry
With a little rhyme for pantry
No need to keep you waiting
(nahnahnahnah)
(Ba-ba-ba-ba-bap)
Be intimidated
By what we have created
Kiss underneath the radar
(nahnahnahnah)
(Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba)

I got myself a pair of shorts
Dressed up in evening wear
I dress myself in a t shirt
I don't care
Make-up won't help me oblige too much
It's not fair
To be compared to you
To be compared to you
To be compared to
(You-ou-ou bap-bap-bada-bap)
(Be-be-be ba-ba-bada-ba)
(Be-be-be bap-ba-ba-ba-da-da-da)

Just call me "Mr. Modest"
I got it and I flaunt it
You can applaud if you wanna
(nahnahnahnah)
(Ba-ba-ba-ba-bap)
Wearing simple jammies
Eating breakfast slammies
I'm not much of a hammy
(nahnahnahnah)
(Ba-ba-ba-ba-bap)

I got myself some underpants
I dress myself in boring clothes
I don't care
It's not fair
To be compared to you
To be compared to you
To be compared to
(Be-be-be ba-ba-bada-ba)
(Be-be-be bap-ba-ba-ba-da-da-da)

Everybody wants to get some sleep
Once you get some sleep, your styled hair is gone
Everybody wants to take a nap
But once you take a nap, the day is almost gone
Everybody wants a big old slice
Of the big old pie, and I wish I had a pie
Everybody wants in
Everybody wants in
Everybody wants

I got myself a comfy bed
I dress myself in b-ball shorts
Guess what?
I don't care
It's not fair
Dressed down until I disappear
But I won't do it alone
No I won't do it alone
Oh I won't do it alone
Bap-bap-bada-da-bap
Be-be-be ba-ba-bada-ba
(Be-be-be bap-bap-bada-da-bap)
(Yay-hey-hey)

(OOH)

To the tune of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-djYrXYhZY

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

They Might Be posted:

I figured every good pagent needs some drama so I worked it into my entry.

I like the sky blue shirt with dark blue coat combo!

Also do you think we can sabotage the winning hot guy by throwing marbles under his feet or steel spikes

Robot Made of Meat

hockey jockey posted:

I was planning to remodel my artistic golem to even greater beauty, but I've had pleurisy and a recurrent chest infection for two months now and there's no more petrol (gas) in the tank. So here is me in the closest thing I have to an evening gown.

You're so lucky to have those high cheekbones.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Impkins Patootie

hockey jockey posted:

thats bogus and i hope u get well soon and stay that way

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

King of the Beach posted:

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
I wanted to be the first bearded lady in the Eurovision Song Contest but Conchita beat me to it, I didn't have a chance.

Impkins Patootie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hphwfq1wLJs

thank you to all the judges and fellow participants! :love:

Peg Sliderskew
I love all of these (and am hugely relieved that the stylish TheyMightBe isn't really upset). Vanisher gorgeous as ever and Eugene is a babe (and smells amazing too). HSB has an actual dress, arguing the existence of a real life girlfriend (or very forgiving mother). Fanky Mallons, graceful and deadly. And King of the Beach has a cute picture and was nice to me, so he should probably win. And Munchables- funny lyrics and introduced me to a new song!

Courtesy of Manifisto

posting smiling
oh sorry was this thing right after the other thing?

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
A young person looks towards the cosmos, a field of stars hangs above him like so many dancing lights. Crickets chirp nearby, a soft campfire crackles far behind him and friends at the fire chat and laugh. But N. Senada is with them only in presence as his mind turns to the heavens. For a moment, he truly experiences the sublime as he wonders if there's something out there looking up at its own sky, looking up towards a galaxy of potential. He sits transfixed, hoping his eyes lock with the the eyes of something else, a chance meeting of intelligence across unfathomable distances. His bare feet rest on cool grass. He shifts his weight and blue jammies, covered in yellow stars and red rockets, rub against the ground as he turns to look at Orion's Belt. Green and brown earth stains his cotton and polyester apparel, but they are invisible to him in this darkness. His mind is elsewhere, floating through the universe, imagining about worlds he has only ever read about. Ice giants where nothing could live. Dwarfs so hot that the surface is liquid metal. Black Holes which challenge the very laws that govern his reality.

N. Senada, looking charming in his retro pajamas, bare feet, and tussled hair, is torn from this galactic trip as a fellow camper shouts out, "Party Foul." He sees a flaming mass, a terrestrial sort of shooting star, fly towards him. It lands on the grass nearby. A marshmallow drenched in fire, crisp and black, bubbles in front of him. His mind zooms back to this world, his attention on the fiery confection before him. He reflects on a simple truth: 'fire is badass'

:ghost: Happy halloween :ghost:

They Might Be

10/10

Impkins Patootie

N. Senada posted:

A young person looks towards the cosmos, a field of stars hangs above him like so many dancing lights. Crickets chirp nearby, a soft campfire crackles far behind him and friends at the fire chat and laugh. But N. Senada is with them only in presence as his mind turns to the heavens. For a moment, he truly experiences the sublime as he wonders if there's something out there looking up at its own sky, looking up towards a galaxy of potential. He sits transfixed, hoping his eyes lock with the the eyes of something else, a chance meeting of intelligence across unfathomable distances. His bare feet rest on cool grass. He shifts his weight and blue jammies, covered in yellow stars and red rockets, rub against the ground as he turns to look at Orion's Belt. Green and brown earth stains his cotton and polyester apparel, but they are invisible to him in this darkness. His mind is elsewhere, floating through the universe, imagining about worlds he has only ever read about. Ice giants where nothing could live. Dwarfs so hot that the surface is liquid metal. Black Holes which challenge the very laws that govern his reality.

N. Senada, looking charming in his retro pajamas, bare feet, and tussled hair, is torn from this galactic trip as a fellow camper shouts out, "Party Foul." He sees a flaming mass, a terrestrial sort of shooting star, fly towards him. It lands on the grass nearby. A marshmallow drenched in fire, crisp and black, bubbles in front of him. His mind zooms back to this world, his attention on the fiery confection before him. He reflects on a simple truth: 'fire is badass'

A+++ wovld read again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEDDK0XLGfw

alnilam

vanisher

Some ridiculous competition for the evening wear portion

Manifisto

relaxed, unclenched, ready for whatever the night may bring

the other talent here is ridiculous, however

you may all call me when this is over :wink:

ty nesamdoom!

Robot Made of Meat

Manifisto posted:

relaxed, unclenched, ready for whatever the night may bring

the other talent here is ridiculous, however

you may all call me when this is over :wink:

I've never seen you so casual, yet so formal! Lookin' good!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

this is a full alligator bodysuit, I like to wear it with the hat to cocktail evenings

As promised here is my complete suit , people are advised from taking photos of it waist down, so i filled in the blanks for yah

lmbo calrissian fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 18, 2017

Impkins Patootie

lmbo calrissian posted:

this is a full alligator bodysuit, I like to wear it with the hat to cocktail evenings, I had a really long work day and I promise I'm going to draw the rest in when I'm home

tripsie threds m8 :hai:

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Breathtaking

Truly a great read

Pageant perfect

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

King of the Beach posted:

Cute! I can see that you are indeed dressed in the evening, and i like the "framing" of the photo ;)

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

lmbo calrissian posted:

this is a full alligator bodysuit, I like to wear it with the hat to cocktail evenings

Pro tier evening wear my friend.

Although this is my favourite so far, I have to say that all my fellow participants look wonderful and are beautiful :3:

alnilam

Fanky Malloons posted:

all my fellow participants look wonderful and are beautiful :3:

cda

by Hand Knit

Flawlessly elegant. Elegantly flawless. I hate it. Or do I? Maybe I love it. Maybe I'm being sarcastic. Maybe I meant to type a 0 and I made a typo. Maybe I'm scoring this entry a 2 in binary. You'll never know. Welcome to the irony zone.

My score: 10/10

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

The irony of the punk aesthetic is that it became, in the end, so stylized and meticulous that it betrayed its own roots in underachievement and nihilistic grotesquerie. If punk works, it needs to shock both with the deliberate affront of a raised middle finger, and the carelessness with which the offense is offered. It is a careful balancing act: you have to care about not giving a gently caress. I think this entry, which combines an offensively bland visual presentation with a molten core of barely deflected anger, manages to be more punk than a thousand perfectly coiffed mohawks.

My score: 10/10

ps - nice try, but we know you were really upset

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

When I imagine this ensemble stepping out of a polished limousine, it is a thing of beauty and of terror.

My score: 9.7/10

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

All the things match, a feat I have never once managed in my entire life. I am both impressed and jealous. I know I should score this higher, but I am petty, and wearing black pants with a brown belt. What am I doing with my existence.

My score: 9.5/10

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

If we had a casualwear competition, this would be a slam dunk (pun intended as you will see) but I do not believe you wear basketball shorts at night. I do not even believe it is possible to wear basketball shorts at night. I do not even know what basketball shorts are, and doubt they exist, because the basketball material would severely limit your mobility. In short, cutting holes in a basketball and wearing it like a diaper, while ingenious, is also forbidden, and a crime.

My score: 9.2/10

----------------

Munchables

Please do not accuse me of lying about my jim jams

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?
While I generally enjoy not being judged in my daily life, cda pls do not forget about me :ohdear:
(just making sure, since vanisher's entry was so incredible that it was probably easy to overlook any that came before it, i.e. mine)

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Evening wear, eh? In honor of this portion of the pageant, and all the beautiful goons, goonettes, birds, and disembodied hands that have made it this far, I've put on my own favorite gown as I look over these entries. It's a lovely black sheath that is really stunning and in no way just a comfy extra-long t-shirt that I like to wear to bed. On with the show!

Fanky Malloons: Looks like you're first up this time around! While I'm impressed by your obvious deadliness and the inclusion of a matched set of weaponry, I'm not sure I'd qualify your outfit as evening wear. I guess that it is, technically, if this photo was taken in the evening while you wore it, but as much as I love technicalities they aren't the best way to win pageants. 8/10

vanisher: Grace, mystique, and a flair of drama. I hope I'm not going to be called a racist for awarding my fellow bird a 10/10. Work it girl!

They Might Be: Wow, what a beautiful ensemble! As an avid fan of nature and the outdoors, I appreciated the rich hues you called to mind with comparisons to milkweed pods, the summer sky, and the rich brown of a freshly fallen chestnut. The slight ironic bitterness lies beneath the gorgeous outfit like a surprise zest in the sweetest meringue you've ever tasted. 10/10

Eugene V. Dabs: The carefree swinging as your entire body blazes is a startling, poignant statement on the societal demands for effortless perfection despite any and all circumstances. I don't think it's evening wear, though. 8/10

hockey jockey: Wow! I can really see the resemblance now. A fun, floral dress and scarf combo for a summer evening out earns a 9/10. I docked a point because missing out on your scary little golem in a scary little dress is kind of a shame.

Munchables: I love the idea of this musical entry, but the lyric reconstruction was lazy -- mostly it was just the original lyrics with a word or two swapped out here and there. MSI was the first band I'd ever seen in concert though, as an angsty 16 year old goth kid, so you get the "unintentional pandering" bonus point of this round. 7/10 8/10

King of the Beach: Instead of an entry, you have submitted a photograph of a portrait of a handsome young man?? :confused: Very Basil Hallward of you, but the young man's attire does not call sopisticated evening wear to mind. 7/10

HotSoapyBeard: A lovely dress, and you are clearly singing your heart out. If only we could hear the clear, high, arrestingly beautiful note I am sure you are producing. For such a heart-stopping voice, however, I feel a slightly more formal gown is called for. 9/10

posting smiling: The same pose as last time? Scandalous! You need to expand your repertoire. However I do like the marijuana leaf in your tuxedo pocket. 8/10

N. Senada: It seems to me as though one should not wear one's best evening wear on a camping trip, even if one's evening wear is the sort closer to "pajama" than "Golden Globes." I'm thus left to assume you are not actually wearing your best or most flattering evening wear, and must judge accordingly. 8.5/10

alnilam: Wow! Look at that poise, that gown, that tiara, those tights! You've clearly brought your A-game. The eyes lifted heavenward remind me of Jesus, and the motionless grace reminds me of Kate Winslet in that scene in Titanic. 10/10

Manifisto: The magnificent getup says "I'm a hand to be taken seriously," but the hand in your pocket (is it still called a hand when it is an appendage sprouting off of another, larger, sentient hand? I'm sorry if I say anything offensive to you or about your anatomy) reminds us you're also cool, casual, and the sort of guy that might buy you a beer after work to celebrate your purchase of a new home or the arrival of your first baby. 10/10

lmbo calrissian: I've never seen an outfit like this before! It's a good thing this alligator suit and Ms. Malloons' tiger suit aren't in the same round, I don't know if we'd all be able to handle that much raw animal appeal. The stars were really beautiful the night you took this picture, but the incredible spangling on your suit gives them a run for their drat money. 10/10

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie

*erupts into tears and dashes off the set mortified and inconsolable*