Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

King of the Beach is awarded a little extra for successful emotional manipulation, making his final score for this round 7.75/10.

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

King of the Beach is awarded a little extra for successful emotional manipulation, making his final score for this round 7.75/10.

no fair, I AM SO HOT I AM LITERALLY A TIRE FIRE IN COMPARISON

EVEN DUCKIE SAYS I'M SUPER HOT OK

FluffieDuckie

Fanky Malloons - 8 (+1 for creative alternative of "evening wear")

Vanisher - 9 (+1 elegance, +1 dress choice)

They might be - 8 (+1 for giving us some pageant drama)

Eugene V Dabs - 8 (+1 hotness)

hockey jockey - 8 (+1 for matching shoes)

munchables - 8 (+1 for rhythm)

king of the beach - 8 (+1 creative use of frames)

hot soapy beard - 9 (+1 concept, + 1 commitment to project)

Posting smiling - 8 (+1 use of weed leaf)

N. Senada - 8 (+1 artistic merit)

alnilam - 10 (+1 commitment to project, +1 pageant appropriateness, +1 tiara)

manifisto - 8 (+1 cumberbund)

lmbo - 8 (+1 creative interpretation of "evening wear")

I want to commend this group of contestants for sticking in there. we've had much less attrition than normal in byob activities

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 19, 2017

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

cda

by Hand Knit

My score: 8.5/10

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit

The photograph was clearly taken in the evening, thus making whatever you're wearing "evening wear." The picture frame is a nice touch because it makes me anticipate that I will be looking at an oil portrait of one of our Founding Fathers, or maybe a hideously old and deformed version of you that you keep in an attic while you commit gay crimes, seemingly blessed by a youth and charm that never fades. Overall, though, it's just not classy. It makes me think of classy things, but then I look at it. I bet that shirt would look cool if I were wearing 3-D glasses, but I'm not wearing 3-D glasses. Next time, include 3-D glasses.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

Your commitment to the pose is commendable and I like the way your shadow looks. The dress is...acceptable. Those string thingies in the front really bring it down, though. You're dressed nicely. You could go to work that way, or to the club, but not somewhere truly fancy. But to return to what makes this entry stand out for me, I truly believe that you are singing into that wooden spoon, and that makes me fear for your sanity, and a frisson of fear is not an inappropriate accompaniment to real style.

My score: 9.8/10

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

I have walked on the beach every evening for twenty years, hoping to see something exactly like this. Now that I've seen it, I don't have to walk on the god drat beach at night anymore. You have set me free but, at the same time, now my life has no purpose. Perhaps true freedom comes not from transcending our limitations, but from embracing them and the struggle they imply? If so, it would be wrong for me to give this entry a perfect score.

My score: 9.9/10

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

N. Senada posted:

A young person looks towards the cosmos, a field of stars hangs above him like so many dancing lights. Crickets chirp nearby, a soft campfire crackles far behind him and friends at the fire chat and laugh. But N. Senada is with them only in presence as his mind turns to the heavens. For a moment, he truly experiences the sublime as he wonders if there's something out there looking up at its own sky, looking up towards a galaxy of potential. He sits transfixed, hoping his eyes lock with the the eyes of something else, a chance meeting of intelligence across unfathomable distances. His bare feet rest on cool grass. He shifts his weight and blue jammies, covered in yellow stars and red rockets, rub against the ground as he turns to look at Orion's Belt. Green and brown earth stains his cotton and polyester apparel, but they are invisible to him in this darkness. His mind is elsewhere, floating through the universe, imagining about worlds he has only ever read about. Ice giants where nothing could live. Dwarfs so hot that the surface is liquid metal. Black Holes which challenge the very laws that govern his reality.

N. Senada, looking charming in his retro pajamas, bare feet, and tussled hair, is torn from this galactic trip as a fellow camper shouts out, "Party Foul." He sees a flaming mass, a terrestrial sort of shooting star, fly towards him. It lands on the grass nearby. A marshmallow drenched in fire, crisp and black, bubbles in front of him. His mind zooms back to this world, his attention on the fiery confection before him. He reflects on a simple truth: 'fire is badass'

This was beautiful. It captures the spirit of an evening in all of its charm and wonder.

My score: 10/10

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

First of all, you're going to get a 10 on this because you're wearing a tiara. But now that we've got that out of the way, what's up with your toes. Why are they pointed inwards like that? I'm not trying to say you're a freak or whatever, but that's not how toes should be pointed.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

I really like your hair in this pic.

My score: 9.8/10

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kAU3B9Pi_U

----------------

Impkins Patootie

cda posted:

The photograph was clearly taken in the evening, thus making whatever you're wearing "evening wear." The picture frame is a nice touch because it makes me anticipate that I will be looking at an oil portrait of one of our Founding Fathers, or maybe a hideously old and deformed version of you that you keep in an attic while you commit gay crimes, seemingly blessed by a youth and charm that never fades. Overall, though, it's just not classy. It makes me think of classy things, but then I look at it. I bet that shirt would look cool if I were wearing 3-D glasses, but I'm not wearing 3-D glasses. Next time, include 3-D glasses.

tbh i was just trying to be real

didn't think it would be very appropriate to post a pic of me in a suit n tie (but could have if i truly wanted to take down vanisher)

ty again to all the participants and judges for ur warmth & compassion~

also I'm p sure i was on a bit of ecstasy in that pic which was 💯 at the time but those halcyon days are long behind thankfully...

cda

by Hand Knit

King of the Beach posted:

tbh i was just trying to be real

understood, it was tres byob

----------------

Peg Sliderskew
Fluffie, I guess I'm the matching shoes 8?

Amazing really, they cost me £2.50 and have finally made it up to me for all the blisters.

Courtesy of Manifisto

FluffieDuckie

hockey jockey posted:

Fluffie, I guess I'm the matching shoes 8?

Amazing really, they cost me £2.50 and have finally made it up to me for all the blisters.

opps sorry. i did my judging at 6am so if that's the only mistake i made i'm shocked

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Impkins Patootie

cda posted:

understood, it was tres byob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLZ5I29RNHc

cda

by Hand Knit
The SECRET JUDGE proclaims

Fanky Malloons
This is one bad rear end saiyan I would not want to run in to in a dark alley, but at least with evening wear like this you would be easy to spot. As I am legally not permitted to be coerced or intimidated I will not award the 10/10 you demanded.
9/10

vanisher
Handsome. Sex Appeal. IRA. These are things I would think of here if I was older and understood what they meant.
9/10

They Might Be
Children and judges are fickle beings. Simon Cowell has been on TV since I was born. He's basically my dad, I was raised by episodes of American Idol. This contest needs a Simon Cowell and that's me. Simon likes bold choices, like sockless loafers. Great job thinking on your feet.
8/10

Eugene V. Dabs
Are you kidding me is this a real entry. Girl, you look like a tire fire. Go home and put some makeup on, goddrat.
7/10

hockey jockey
A daytime photo of eveningwear, how can I be sure this is really eveningwear? I'd need to see it in the evening to be sure.
8/10

Munchables
The picture you put in my head is so crystal clear, exsactly like me and how I dress when mom puts me to bed. However you lose a point for not performing the song yourself.
8/10

King of the Beach
Evening wear photos work better when we can see the bottom of your gown. I had to use my imagination here, which is not good for you because the imagination of a child is a powerful tool, and I imagined hundreds of slithery tentacles. While that's cool, it's not proper evening wear.
7/10

HotSoapyBeard
You're not getting any bonus points for demonstrating a talent during the eveningwear portion, Mx. However your dress is proper eveningwear. I'm worried from the lighting that this photo was not taken during the evening, however you at least saw fit to build a house around your photoshoot to hide this fact from me, I am young enough to easily forget.
9/10

posting smiling
I am beginning to suspect that this contestant is dead... what at first I thought to be anorexia is starting to worry me by now. As you can see, this contestant has not moved a muscle since the swimsuit portion. I would like to request the medical team interfere immediately. I will however award points to the devoted stagehand who changed the contestant's clothes.
7/10

N. Senada
This was a beautiful piece and I can identify with this form of evening wear.
10/10

alnilam
If you shave you would be my favorite disney princess. However... I am not sure the chosen colors complement one another. I feel that this is more akin to a jesuswear photo... the sandals, the pose, the crown of perhaps thorns.
8/10

Manifisto
The name is Palm. James Palm. Lol, just a funny thing I thought up. I was going to give you a 10/10 in case the bowtie was a weapon and you are prone to revenge but the organizers will not allow a child to be coerced. Or that's what their lawyers say anyway. So I am free to give you a 9/10 because frankly I am creeped out that your bottom 2 hands are a different color from the top.

lmbo calrissian
This is a game changer. I don't know what game it's changing but I bet that's happening somewhere. One thing I like about this picture is how very clear it is that it was taken in the evening. You can even see the moon and 2 stars. The belt buckle is a nice touch and if I was going to wear one costume from this competition it would be yours.
10/10

----------------

vanisher

Are we going to learn the secret judges identity in the crowning ceremony

cda

by Hand Knit
This concludes the EVENING WEAR PORTION of our posting pageant.

The scores for this round included a THREE WAY TIE for first place and a TWO WAY TIE for second place and a ONE WAY TIE for every other place:

1. alnilam - 9.5
1. lmbo calrissian - 9.5
1. vanisher - 9.5
2. HotSoapyBeard - 9.2
2. Manifisto - 9.2
3. N. Senada - 9.125
4. They Might Be - 9
5. hockey jockey - 8.625
6. fanky malloons - 8.375
7. munchables - 8.3
8. posting smiling - 8.225
9. eugene v. dabs - 8.175
10. King of the Beach - 7.815

~~~~~~~~ the zone of non-compliance :spooky: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
pig slut lisa - 0
Mr Willsauce - 0
City of Glompton - 0
farg - 0
Hogge Wild - 0
Android Blues - 0

The overall scores at the end of this round are mysterious and will remain so :iiam:

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
And finally, the QUESTION ANSWERING PORTION of our fabulous pageant. They've sung and danced for you. They've flaunted their bodies and dazzled with their style. But we all know that in the end, what really matters is what's inside: wit, poise, knowledge, intelligence, eloquence, passion, and skeleton. That's what our proud contestants will be displaying as they endure their interrogat---errr, I mean, answer the questions we put to them.

The rules for this portion of the contest are simple: each contestant will get one question, which they may give one answer to, in any way that they wish.

But before we ask the questions, we need to have questions, and that's where you come in. Anyone has until MONDAY, MAY 22, MIDNIGHT EST to PM me a question, or questions, that you think we should ask the contestants. Contestants may submit questions, but they will not be asked a question which they themselves have submitted. Judges may submit questions, of course.

Do NOT post questions here. Questions posted here will be DISQUALIFIED.

----------------

Impkins Patootie

cda posted:

This concludes the EVENING WEAR PORTION of our posting pageant.

The scores for this round included a THREE WAY TIE for first place and a TWO WAY TIE for second place and a ONE WAY TIE for every other place:

1. alnilam - 9.5
1. lmbo calrissian - 9.5
1. vanisher - 9.5
2. HotSoapyBeard - 9.2
2. Manifisto - 9.2
3. N. Senada - 9.125
4. They Might Be - 9
5. hockey jockey - 8.625
6. fanky malloons - 8.375
7. munchables - 8.3
8. posting smiling - 8.225
9. eugene v. dabs - 8.175
10. King of the Beach - 7.815

~~~~~~~~ the zone of non-compliance :spooky: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
pig slut lisa - 0
Mr Willsauce - 0
City of Glompton - 0
farg - 0
Hogge Wild - 0
Android Blues - 0

The overall scores at the end of this round are mysterious and will remain so :iiam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq9IjkTBDrU

Twenty Four

cda posted:

Do NOT post questions here. Questions posted here will be DISQUALIFIED.

I want to post so many questions now.

Peg Sliderskew

Twenty Four posted:

I want to post so many questions now.

Do you? Really? How come? Is that a bear on your avatar sign? Is it a joke or are there really signs like that in bear-ridden places?

Courtesy of Manifisto

Twenty Four

I do. Yes. So many reasons. It is. It is not a joke, yes, that is a real thing, ask Baron who made my AV if you like!

Also I am pulling for you on the Mx pagent HoJo now but you have some hard competition! I mean everyone else too, but, well, it is all in good fun!

Twenty Four fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 20, 2017

alnilam

Twenty Four posted:

I do. Yes. So many reasons. It is. It is not a joke, yes, that is a real thing, ask Baron who made my AV if you like!

Also I am pulling for you on the Mx pagent HoJo now but you have some hard competition! I mean everyone else too, but, well, it is all in good fun!

For someone who said they were gonna posts tons of questions you sure do post a lot of answers!!

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

For someone who said they were gonna posts tons of questions you sure do post a lot of answers!!

I'm sorrry :( It is in my honest nature. :( I am just trying to enjoy and encourage the pageant!

I would post an answer, but I guess I hit my limit!

cda

by Hand Knit
The questions are starting to roll in. Please don't be shy. No question is too stupid, or too intelligent

----------------

alnilam

Dearest judges, I'm going to be camping all of memorial day weekend, please find it in your loving hearts to not end the questions round until at least Tuesday

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

Dearest judges, I'm going to be camping all of memorial day weekend, please find it in your loving hearts to not end the questions round until at least Tuesday

wehre are you camping?

alnilam

rear end a teague

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

rear end a teague

good name, powerful park

9.76/10

Impkins Patootie

yea im going off into the hinterlands on a vision quest this weekend so if u want me to post my meat and potatoes or whatev i have to do next prior to then just give me the werd, k? tyvm

pig slut lisa

irl is good

I'm going to be out of the country for three weeks so just place my trophy in my mailbox and I'll pick it up when I get back :grin:

Manifisto

pig slut lisa posted:

I'm going to be out of the country for three weeks so just place my trophy in my mailbox and I'll pick it up when I get back :grin:

we're going to need proof that your destination lacked internet

a doctor's note or some such

ty nesamdoom!

Impkins Patootie

Manifisto posted:

we're going to need proof that your destination lacked internet

a doctor's note or some such

i might be able to get some sort of prior authorization from a medicine man

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

not my intention but im gonna use it cause im in it 2 wn it bae :hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Hy7uAb_eU

Impkins Patootie fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 26, 2017

Macnult

alnilam posted:

rear end a teague

don't let the horses bully you

Piso Mojado

pig slut lisa posted:

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Wow, how did you manage to screenshot a turned-off monitor?

Piso Mojado

pig slut lisa posted:

Wow, how did you manage to screenshot a turned-off monitor?

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

My nipples oscillate in anticipation of the next portion