Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
HOLY poo poo THE MAY THREAD POSTED IN MAY

For those that are late;

This is a chat thread for anyone who reads AI. We talk about computers, life, how much alcohol we drink, how much weight Rhyno has lost, where it's finally getting loving cold in Australia and STR dodges tornados, Mad Max fan fiction and shipping Furiosa and one of the Wives, LITERALLY A FISH occasionally slam truth bombs while CAT INTERCEPTOR infects our minds and sends us all to the cycle asylum - leading an army of AI cyclists to slaughter hipsters on fixies, WE DONT TALK ABOUT GUNS, cry over the Trumpocopypse, wonder how the gently caress *insert idiot here* hasnt been reprogrammed with a baseball bat, we post cat pics, whatever! Just imagine this as one large garage and we are all pretending to work on some broken rear end Falcon Coupe or Subaru while talking poo poo about anything that comes up. Anyone who is just wandering by, stop and say hello! We don't bite and we're a pretty chilled out bunch of normal people. Except apparently when [list of topics you already know to avoid] comes up. anyway.

Either that or get engaged or get married. Seems to be a lot of that going round.

NOW STEP INTO MY GARAGE AND HELP ME FIX A BROKEN rear end SUBARU. OR CHAT. OR SINK PISS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
I've never posted in here but I think adiabatic told me a few weeks ago if he did I might get probated

It's all kind of hazy he may not have said that at all

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Happy International Workers' Day!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
gently caress the Russian GP.

That is all.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery
Saw a dudebro in a lifted Tacoma cutting in and out of traffic on the freeway today. Made contact with another car and then took off to the next exit. I called it in to highway patrol.

He had a vanity plate, and out of curiosity, I googled it. It's his username on the Tacoma World forums. Hmmm.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:firstpost:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Ground Floor. Weather still poo poo in MN. Spring would be nice.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Thread's theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59r1KFPmT9U

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

redgubbinz posted:

Happy International Workers' Day!

Da comrade it is good day.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

still single and will be 40 next year.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'm rounding 30 myself. Woohoo!

I spent my day building a fake purposefully lovely desktop beverage dispenser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tk6M-qf6jo

I plan to write a web service and make it 100% Internet of Things this week.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Next month chat thread theme song: Final Countdown. I'm 32 and our third kid will be joining us. My own little pit crew :3:

The Jazz beat the Clippers. All is good in this world.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I will be 33 and am not responsible enough to own a cat.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Oldsmobile posted:

Hey, back on the subject of run flat tires. What's that system called, where they put a plastic thing inside the tire on top of the rim. And you can presumably use regular tires with it.

Is that still even a thing?

Tire bands? Tyron bands? Something like that, I've only ever seen them on trailers/caravans

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

What the hell is this why are my ears bleeding

No THIS is our theme by Queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pqn8PLJLtQ

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

aioli is just mayo posted:

I've never posted in here but I think adiabatic told me a few weeks ago if he did I might get probated

It's all kind of hazy he may not have said that at all

Hi hello who are you

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Also I just found this Russian 4x4 travel blog website thing. It's pretty great:

http://travel.drom.ru

Anyone know Russian?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

White wedding is the only song we need.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

Oldsmobile posted:

Hey, back on the subject of run flat tires. What's that system called, where they put a plastic thing inside the tire on top of the rim. And you can presumably use regular tires with it.

Is that still even a thing?
Michelin PAX? They gave up on it 10 years ago.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Presumably everyone has seen

http://www.12-gaugegarage.com

Are underfloor car lifts a common thing? Because that seems like an awesome idea.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

gimpsuitjones posted:

Are underfloor car lifts a common thing? Because that seems like an awesome idea.

This guy made his own website? Good for him. I remember reading about that on GarageJournal.

I really like that lift too

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Your a bad person and you should feel bad.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Why can't Brits pronounce "room"? It's not a womb, there is a R at the beginning.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Wait, you just didn't go and disrespect Tom Waits now did you?

Sadi posted:

Your a bad person and you should feel bad.
Agreed.

angryrobots posted:

Why can't Brits pronounce "room"? It's not a womb, there is a R at the beginning.

Why can't Americans pronounce Aluminium properly? :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You Am I posted:

Why can't Americans pronounce Aluminium properly? :v:

Aluminium is a fake material for fiction writers. Aluminum, though, we can pronounce exactly as it's spelled.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

You Am I posted:

Wait, you just didn't go and disrespect Tom Waits now did you?

Yes.

Who the gently caress is Tom Waits?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I found a RadioShack brand cig lighter adapter in my gti trunk's spare tire compartment today with 3 outlets, a USB port, and an internal fan!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm working the elliptical so hard I broke the welds again. Did some reading and this seems to be an issue with the model but I'm not the original owner A) can't get it replaced and B) already had it welded once. But my buddy says he can weld it back up tomorrow and he has access to some hardcore strong poo poo that we are going to use to add some strength and hopefully keep this from happening again because I don't have the scratch to replace the whole thing right now and I don't want to pay for a gym membership.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

I'm working the elliptical so hard I broke the welds again. Did some reading and this seems to be an issue with the model but I'm not the original owner A) can't get it replaced and B) already had it welded once. But my buddy says he can weld it back up tomorrow and he has access to some hardcore strong poo poo that we are going to use to add some strength and hopefully keep this from happening again because I don't have the scratch to replace the whole thing right now and I don't want to pay for a gym membership.

Buy a bike. Only I break those that much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't want to go biking. With the elliptical I don't have to save anything for a return trip, I can run exactly as long as I am capable or want to. I can do 15 minute workouts, cool down for a minute and jump right into the weights. The convenience of it is part of my success thus far.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

STR dodges tornados

NBC DFW posted:

A Canton car dealership took a direct hit when a twister roared through town Saturday evening.
Interstate 20 Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Canton received widespread damage to a new showroom and maintenance facility.

Irony?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I don't want to go biking. With the elliptical I don't have to save anything for a return trip, I can run exactly as long as I am capable or want to. I can do 15 minute workouts, cool down for a minute and jump right into the weights. The convenience of it is part of my success thus far.

Simple - you take it easy going on the outbound / warmup then you give it hell coming back. I only did 16.2 kms but the last 10 minutes was progressively harder until I go 5 minutes at close to or over max effort. Fall off bike at front door.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Simple - you take it easy going on the outbound / warmup then you give it hell coming back. I only did 16.2 kms but the last 10 minutes was progressively harder until I go 5 minutes at close to or over max effort. Fall off bike at front door.

I've tried, I am incapable of pacing myself on a bike. The elliptical is ideal for me. Nothing is going to change my mind about this. Also going outside loving sucks and it is illegal to ride bikes on sidewalks here so you have to contend with cars which is not something I am willing to do.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I either ride up a hill or into a headwind on the way out (mostly the latter because it is flat as gently caress here). That way you can kill yourself on the way out and get home.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Rhyno posted:

Also going outside loving sucks and it is illegal to ride bikes on sidewalks here so you have to contend with cars which is not something I am willing to do.

No it doesn't. And riding on the sidewalk faster than about 7 mph is a great way to get hit by a car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jamal posted:

No it doesn't. And riding on the sidewalk faster than about 7 mph is a great way to get hit by a car.

It's been raining for 6 days straight and the temperature all over the place. And riding a bike in winter is also not ever gonna happen. I'm also not going to invest $500 in a bike and gear when I can keep on doing what I have been with great success.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

you should do like me and spend all of your free time parked in front of your computer shooting people in PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds (PUBG)

it's extremely loving good, i somehow have 200hrs in it already :v:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I am terrible at this game, and it is a blast. What was your discord, ya nerd?

Baby watch: due date was this past Friday. Still waiting for #3.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

nm posted:

I will be 33 and am not responsible enough to own a cat.

Don't doxx me please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

The Locator posted:

IMO that's as 'real' as sailing gets. Just you, the wind, the water on your little boat. Good stuff.
Loved that little thing. Flipped it over so many times, eventually got pretty good at righting it in the middle of the lake.

Quoting so I can go back later and try this. Should do a test one this week then make them on vacation.

gimpsuitjones posted:

Underfloor like that isn't as common for residential because install cost can be high and you don't get the ability to stack cars.

Count down to May chaos begins this week. Music festival Fri-Sun, vacation Tues-Sun, maybe go the 'The Vintage' then the E30 Brodeo the weekend after that.

• Locked thread