Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Who the gently caress is Tom Waits?

Just when I was thinking there may be some hope for you... smh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yes.

Lol seriously? Im not really a fan of Tom waits but he's really loving famous and destinctive so idk how anyone born before the millennium couldn't have heard of him

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Also everyone read Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders cuz its really good

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

angryrobots posted:

Why can't Brits pronounce "room"? It's not a womb, there is a R at the beginning.
Uhh... Aside fron Jonathan Ross, I don't think I've ever heard that pronunciation? Sounds like it's someone with a speech impediment more than anything.

Also, "chassis" is a "sha", not a hard "cha", whereas "neanderthal" is a hard "t".

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yes.

smdh

Uncultured Sydney person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Waits

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

fridge corn posted:

Lol seriously? Im not really a fan of Tom waits but he's really loving famous and destinctive so idk how anyone born before the millennium couldn't have heard of him

I live in the arse end of the world - how can you not concieve that I've never heard of this person before... or that I would have zero interest outside being incredulous that anyone would think it's possible I've never heard of them before?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Book of the month?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I live in the arse end of the world - how can you not concieve that I've never heard of this person before... or that I would have zero interest outside being incredulous that anyone would think it's possible I've never heard of them before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fju9o8BVJ8

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Moved into the new place Friday. Still probably need to make 6 or 7 trips, mostly for garage poo poo. Moving sucks but spent $1K for a 3 guy crew to move my big poo poo and it was worth every penny.

No internet service until tomorrow (I can finally get better than 25/5 - FTTH at the new place!) but not set up to get installed until tomorrow. It literally just dawned on me 5 minutes ago I could use my phone as a portable hotspot :v:

I'm not that smart. :saddowns:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beverly Cleavage posted:

I am terrible at this game, and it is a blast. What was your discord, ya nerd?

Baby watch: due date was this past Friday. Still waiting for #3.

http://discord.gg/N3875ZB

if you want to get pinged about when we're squadding up type !join-role PUBGoers :3:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

funny Star Wars parody posted:

http://discord.gg/N3875ZB

if you want to get pinged about when we're squadding up type !join-role PUBGoers :3:

My schedule is garbage, but good to know. :) I'm on the R6Siege discord as well, and it's pretty popular, but hard to squad up with others.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I would like PUBG more if there was more incentive to not just camp a bathroom nearish the middle of the circle and wait to get forced out. I've played less than 10 games but I've been one of the last 10 alive a few of those times. If I get good poo poo early then I don't want to explore anymore because theres more chance of dying.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beverly Cleavage posted:

My schedule is garbage, but good to know. :) I'm on the R6Siege discord as well, and it's pretty popular, but hard to squad up with others.

Ya same man, but we manage to figure it out. We even do murderstreams on twitch and I set up my camera pointing at rascal and call it doggo cam, it works out pretty well

Cage posted:

I would like PUBG more if there was more incentive to not just camp a bathroom nearish the middle of the circle and wait to get forced out. I've played less than 10 games but I've been one of the last 10 alive a few of those times. If I get good poo poo early then I don't want to explore anymore because theres more chance of dying.

the way I play is loot up so I have some basics, usually an AR with an SMG/under-over shotty and a helmet and enough rounds to kill a dude who has better loot than me but less situational awareness than me. Pubbies have no idea how to respond to full aggro so I just go in guns/grenades blazing and shoot them in the face with decent results. Yesterday I rolled up on two dudes who had no idea I was behind them and killed them with my micro uzi then got HELLA loot from them after having a lovely spawn.

I think we just got our 8th chicken dinner last night? it was pretty good

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 1, 2017

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Ya same man, but we manage to figure it out. We even do murderstreams on twitch and I set up my camera pointing at rascal and call it doggo cam, it works out pretty well

the way I play is loot up so I have some basics, usually an AR with an SMG/under-over shotty and a helmet and enough rounds to kill a dude who has better loot than me but less situational awareness than me. Pubbies have no idea how to respond to full aggro so I just go in guns/grenades blazing and shoot them in the face with decent results. Yesterday I rolled up on two dudes who had no idea I was behind them and killed them with my micro uzi then got HELLA loot from them after having a lovely spawn.

I think we just got our 8th chicken dinner last night? it was pretty good

I have not had my own chicken dinner yet. got close once or twice, but I'm still fairly new. It definitely starts slow, but once you get into the action, drat.

Also, joined. :3:

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Boringcar chat, the lease is up on my Corolla so I'm exchanging it for a Civic - Base model on both! Only thing more anonymous would be if they were silver.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Dawn of War 3 is awesome cuz you can play as Orkz which is about as close as you'll get to playing as Warboys in an RTS. I'm bad at RTS stuff, but I've been practicing a bit and trying to get better at games that engage my whole brain, not just the twitch-y-shoot-y bits.

fridge corn posted:

Just finished The Engines of God by Jack McDevitt so I'll be picking up ghost-talkin' Lincoln.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stellaris satisfies my thinky brainy bits when I'm feeling like using them. I use them all day at work and by the time I get home I just wanna feel the warm splatter of another man's brains across virtual my face

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Hi May chat thread. I've been on a canal boat for a bunch of time and had absolutely minimal access to any forms of communication. I kinda liked being insulated to the nonsense going on in my country for a change.

It was however cold most of the time and snowed on me a bunch which was not cool considering it was blazing sunshine the first few days and I hadn't bought much warm clothing. Log fires are a good thing though.

I've been away from any form of gym equipment outside of working locks for too long so this evening is going to hurt.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
And why the gently caress is Guy Ritchie making a King Arthur movie when he could be making "RocknRolla 2?"

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Hi May chat thread. I've been on a canal boat for a bunch of time and had absolutely minimal access to any forms of communication. I kinda liked being insulated to the nonsense going on in my country for a change.

It was however cold most of the time and snowed on me a bunch which was not cool considering it was blazing sunshine the first few days and I hadn't bought much warm clothing. Log fires are a good thing though.

I've been away from any form of gym equipment outside of working locks for too long so this evening is going to hurt.

Canal boating sounds pretty cool. I'd like to do a Californian interpretation in the next few years and spend a week or so sailing around the Sacramento-San Jaoquin Delta. A little less green than the European countryside, but more meth and dive bars.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's been raining for 6 days straight and the temperature all over the place. And riding a bike in winter is also not ever gonna happen. I'm also not going to invest $500 in a bike and gear when I can keep on doing what I have been with great success.

Agreed, don't listen to the bike nerds, I have a spin bike (stationary) because it gives me the kind of leg workout I like and I don't have to worry about getting killed by a car or heat exhaustion. To each his own :)

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

InitialDave posted:

Uhh... Aside fron Jonathan Ross, I don't think I've ever heard that pronunciation? Sounds like it's someone with a speech impediment more than anything.

Also, "chassis" is a "sha", not a hard "cha", whereas "neanderthal" is a hard "t".

I like both of those personally.

And I dunno, we watch UK programming a good bit, at some point I noticed the R=W thing, and now it drives me nuts.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hello AI May chat thread. I am fairly new to AI having discovered this lovely place through the saga of 14 INCH and you all seem like cool and good people.

I kind of passed on PUBG when it first launched but if you guys do semi-regular pubstomps then I might pick it up. Looks like a good way to blow off some steam.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

Hello AI May chat thread. I am fairly new to AI having discovered this lovely place through the saga of 14 INCH and you all seem like cool and good people.

I kind of passed on PUBG when it first launched but if you guys do semi-regular pubstomps then I might pick it up. Looks like a good way to blow off some steam.

Hey welcome! If you arent sold, watch Sacriel play with his mates in a squad. They're super tactical and Sac is very good at explaining things
https://www.twitch.tv/sacriel

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Looks interesting. I'll join the discord, thanks :)

e: oh poo poo you guys are in serious overchill, cool, I'm already in that one.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Watched some streams of that game. Looks fun but I'm terrible at shooters so I'll stick to watching it.

Biking is fun, do it on trails. I know that probably isn't much of an option in flat rear end Indiana but goddamn you seem really close minded about the whole thing, Rhinoceros.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
An activity that is fun (like cycling, but other work) is more sustainable long term than just getting on a machine and exercising in one place.
Also doing 6 hours on a machine would make me suicidal, while I'm literally going on a vacation where I will ride my bike plus 50lbs of poo poo 6+ hours a day. For fun.
The reason weight loss doesn't stick is because people don't keep the lifestyle change after they lose the weight. Having something you enjoy doing really helps, whether that is cycling, playing a sport, or even running.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

nm posted:

The reason weight loss doesn't stick is because people don't keep the lifestyle change after they lose the weight. Having something you enjoy doing really helps, whether that is cycling, playing a sport, or even running.

"I lost 60lbs so I can stop dieting now"

*6 months later*

"Hey why am I as fat as I was?!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I moved a tv into the spare room and watch that while on the bike. I have also effected a massive life change in my activities and diet as well as the exercising.

And us mere mortals don't have 6 hours to ride a bike per day. Bke goons get defensive as hell.

Edit: Oh yeah, went and test drove that cheap Yaris today. The exhaust was incredibly loud and it had a CEL but the deal breaker was it being a smokers car. There was ash in every crevice and a dozen burn holes in each seat.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 1, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Forgive us for suggesting being less goony and going outside. I get the not wanting to ride on the road part, at least, but there are other options. To each their own.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Larrymer posted:

Forgive us for suggesting being less goony and going outside. I get the not wanting to ride on the road part, at least, but there are other options. To each their own.

Not all of us live in parts of the country / world that are nice most of the time

I would never bike here in Detroit because the weather, roads, and drivers all suck rear end and I will die to one or a combination of them

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I moved a tv into the spare room and watch that while on the bike. I have also effected a massive life change in my activities and diet as well as the exercising.

And us mere mortals don't have 6 hours to ride a bike per day. Bike goons get defensive as hell.

Why do you think I get up at 4am and I'm in the office at 6? Cause I like the early shift?

It's not being defensive to correctly point out that successful and continuous weight loss and continued exercise is about lifestyle and continued success isnt usually done with machines.

As many cycling goons have found out, you get a bike and you will in a few months find out mere mortals quite regularly and easily find 6 hours to ride a bike. Married with kids, long work hours, prefer to stay in bed wanking, doesnt matter. Endorpins are awesome even in winter

quote:

Not all of us live in parts of the country / world that are nice most of the time

I would never bike here in Detroit because the weather, roads, and drivers all suck rear end and I will die to one or a combination of them

Actually that's just excuse making.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 1, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Why do you think I get up at 4am and I'm in the office at 6? Cause I like the early shift?

It's not being defensive to correctly point out that successful and continuous weight loss and continued exercise is about lifestyle and continued success isnt usually done with machines.

As many cycling goons have found out, you get a bike and you will in a few months find out mere mortals quite regularly and easily find 6 hours to ride a bike. Married with kids, long work hours, prefer to stay in bed wanking, doesnt matter. Endorpins are awesome even in winter

Ok but a winter in Melbourne is pretty different from a winter in Indiana

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ok but a winter in Melbourne is pretty different from a winter in Indiana

Excuses. GG when I was in Indiana 11 years ago in winter there were cyclists out there. Hell I would have had no hesitation in throwing a leg over a bike.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

lol I live in the Detroit area, pussy. :colbert:

Because of this thread, I just went and did a short bike ride through the neighborhood before it storms. :feelsgood:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Biking is enjoyable but I have a car so if there's inclement weather of any kind I'm taking my car.

Unless it's 80F out and raining, then I'll just put on my swim trunks and go biking because that's good, wholesome fun.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Lift all the things!

The past two weeks have been busy as gently caress and I've not gone to the gym as much as I want. This week is shaping up to be busy as hell too. Cannot wait until I'm out for summer to spend a couple hours in the gym slinging iron or swimming.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Excuses. GG when I was in Indiana 11 years ago in winter there were cyclists out there. Hell I would have had no hesitation in throwing a leg over a bike.

LoL, nobody rides a bike in NE Indiana in the winter. They can barely plow the roads for cars.

I know plenty of people who's only outlet for fitness is the gym and 90% of them look better than I do.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

The majority idea is a Might Car Mods style build over a two month time period. We're looking for a car, I'm pushing for a budget hit hatch.
Bringing this here from the April chat thread cuz this is something about which we should all know more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Larrymer posted:

lol I live in the Detroit area, pussy. :colbert:

Because of this thread, I just went and did a short bike ride through the neighborhood before it storms. :feelsgood:

Here is a picture of me:

• Locked thread