Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Tomarse posted:

Why are you worrying about it or chasing it? as a buyer on ebay you can just file a claim and they will almost instantly side with you and give you your money back.

Only way the seller is gonna win is if there is some proof of delivery for your house - but it sounds like its not made it to you?. The seller should know this and they should be the person sitting on hold or just claiming against their shipping insurance.

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'm with Tomarse, file a claim and let eBay deal with it.

Yeah you're right, It's just so frustrating to be given the run around. I don't think the seller has done anything wrong other than the sin of relying on Australia Post

e. To be fair, his/her communications have been pretty dismissive and unhelpful, so maybe gently caress him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So Sunday night I took a hot shower. After I got out, my back started absolutely loving killing me. I could hardly walk. Had to walk stiff as a board, couldn't lean over without pain shooting through my back and right thigh.

Monday I could barely get out of bed. I did, and throughout the day my back loosened up and by the end of the day I was mostly OK. A little stiff but that was about it.

This morning, again, I could barely get out of bed. It feels mostly better now, but I'm still walking funny.

I didn't lift anything over the weekend. I haven't twisted it in any weird way that I can remember. What the gently caress?

How long do I give it before I go see a chiropractor?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

nm posted:

I don't want to go down this road too far, but up in the bike thread we have people in winnipeg riding year round, so.
Minneapolis also has a huge number of year round bike commuters. Takes a dash of htfu though.

It's confirmed, bike nerds love riding in extreme weather, and coincidentally also love slamming their dicks in a door!

CornHolio posted:

Lol don't do this.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CornHolio posted:

So Sunday night I took a hot shower. After I got out, my back started absolutely loving killing me. I could hardly walk. Had to walk stiff as a board, couldn't lean over without pain shooting through my back and right thigh.

Monday I could barely get out of bed. I did, and throughout the day my back loosened up and by the end of the day I was mostly OK. A little stiff but that was about it.

This morning, again, I could barely get out of bed. It feels mostly better now, but I'm still walking funny.

I didn't lift anything over the weekend. I haven't twisted it in any weird way that I can remember. What the gently caress?

see an actual doctor who wont paralyze you further, friend

muscle relaxers will get that fixed for you in three days (or at least make it so you can stretch it out and sort out the pulled muscle)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

CornHolio posted:

See a real doctor instead, maybe? Sounds like you may have slipped a disc and/or pinched a nerve.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If it persists get an MRI done to see whats going on. After my back issues started years ago, an MRI revealed degenerating discs and an X-ray showed minor scoliosis, yay! It's like a surprise but not in a good way :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

That is almost definitely a pulled muscle from sleeping funny, I do it all the time because my goddamn dog likes to sleep on top of me or push me out of bed :argh:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

If it persists get an MRI done to see whats going on. After my back issues started years ago, an MRI revealed degenerating discs and an X-ray showed minor scoliosis, yay! It's like a surprise but not in a good way :(

this also wont hurt

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CornHolio posted:

What did the duck say to the chiropractor?

Quack

But seriously, I had a friend come see me at work today, he had hosed his back doing something silly and went to a chiro. He walked out and said "I feel worse than before I came in", the chiro told him he'd need to "walk it off"

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Commuting on a bike in anything above freezing is just a matter of the right clothes/gear and a dash of HTFU. I biked to work, on average, every other (work) day in November-December-January.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
How long do I wait until I see a real doctor, then? I keep hearing that it'll go away on its own, and I'm only on day two. In the meantime I'm taking ibuprofin and using a heating pad, both of which help quite a bit.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CornHolio posted:

How long do I wait until I see a real doctor, then? I keep hearing that it'll go away on its own, and I'm only on day two. In the meantime I'm taking ibuprofin and using a heating pad, both of which help quite a bit.

its definitely a muscle based on this which means the only thing they'll do is give you stronger ibuprofin and maybe a muscle relaxer and tell you to alternate between ice and heat

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

funny Star Wars parody posted:

That is almost definitely a pulled muscle from sleeping funny, I do it all the time because my goddamn dog likes to sleep on top of me or push me out of bed :argh:

Sunday night after he got out of the shower? Yeah sounds like a "sleeping funny" issue especially with leg pain... See a real doctor and listen to the advice of people with back issues (herniated disc and surgery, here!).

Also sleeping with animals I find a bit gross. I like pets as much as the next guy but GTFO of my bed you dirty animal. :getout:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

funny Star Wars parody posted:

its definitely a muscle based on this which means the only thing they'll do is give you stronger ibuprofin and maybe a muscle relaxer and tell you to alternate between ice and heat

Stop spouting this poo poo off like you're a doctor. If you can't move, I'd go now and at least get it looked at.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

bolind posted:

Commuting on a bike in anything above freezing is just a matter of the right clothes/gear and a dash of HTFU. I biked to work, on average, every other (work) day in November-December-January.

It's made harder when it rains, rain is fairly miserable to ride in over any sort of distance. Last year was surprisingly dry, the year before that seemed like rain every other day. I've not ridden to work in about two weeks due to holiday aaaaaand I feel like it's going to suck getting my legs back.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

idk how i glossed over the shower and leg stuff so ya im gay

Larrymer posted:

Stop spouting this poo poo off like you're a doctor. If you can't move, I'd go now and at least get it looked at.

You do realize that 1) i have back problems and 2) while I did drop out of pharmacy school i sure didnt forget everything :3:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 2, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CornHolio posted:

It would have to be a constant issue, like if it kept happening over a month or something. For me it started getting worse over time because of the job I was doing, had it checked out and subsequently quit my job. Any sort of physical labor aggravates it, and the longer I do it the worse it gets. I think SWP is right, you just slept on it funny and it's sore now, but if it persists for over a few weeks and is not getting any better or worse you should see a doctor.

[e] oh it happened in the shower. Either way, if it persists, doctor.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 2, 2017

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It would have to be a constant issue, like if it kept happening over a month or something. For me it started getting worse over time because of the job I was doing, had it checked out and subsequently quit my job. Any sort of physical labor aggravates it, and the longer I do it the worse it gets. I think SWP is right, you just slept on it funny and it's sore now, but if it persists for over a few weeks and is not getting any better or worse you should see a doctor.

[e] oh it happened in the shower. Either way, if it persists, doctor.

I'm kind of assuming the hot shower relaxed a muscle and it uh, unrelaxed funny or something. It was perfectly fine before the shower. And my whole life before that.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

If you choose not to go, I'd recommend ibuprofen and ice. Should help if it's inflammation.

Mine was a classic herniated disc (like a golf swing twisting injury, pretty common cause), was still misdiagnosed as back spasms, so they gave me drugs and sent me on my way. Years later it would flare up and pinch my sciatic nerve which would down me for a few days like this. Eventually it became constant and I got surgery. 5 years since then and I've had some minor flare ups but nothing too bad and no nerve pain anymore. I know my other discs above it are bulging post surgery (and they also start degenerating with age) so it's probably a matter of time. :v:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

nm posted:

I don't want to go down this road too far, but up in the bike thread we have people in winnipeg riding year round, so.
Minneapolis also has a huge number of year round bike commuters. Takes a dash of htfu though.

Albeit horribly maintained, at least the streets in Winnipeg are maintained (I'm a Manitoban originally, now in NE Ontario). Its more that the 12 foot snowbanks on the side of the road leave it as single-lane and guys with plows are flying past at 60mph. Its loving dangerous enough in the summer when I have room to swerve.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

gimpsuitjones posted:

Cheap RWD 1980s Japanese car (my white whale is a good, mostly stock AE86 Levin or Nissan S12 hatch) to eventually repaint, find missing trim and chuck an SR20DET into for daily driving and straight up enjoying. I like poo poo old cars way more than anything modern.

Gotcha. I wanted an ae86 for a while and then they had their tofu renaissance so I feel your pain. I could have bought a Corolla SR5 but it would have needed literally every part upgraded to be happy with it. I would have been better off saving my money for a couple years and buying what I wanted in the first place (assuming values don't triple in 12 episodes.) I ended up buying an AW11 instead. The moral of the story is you want a Japanese 80s RWD car, buy an MR2. They rule.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If anything it made me realise I don't have to join in with the general rush that we call life. Tootling through the countryside at 3mph in the sunshine means you have to adjust your expectations for travel. I think we went 70 miles in 10 days, we weren't travelling for hours and hours per day but just enough to get places. Locks take forever too and there were a couple of places that had runs of 20 or so in a row... On a boat you just chill the gently caress out and say hello to everyone you see. It did snow though which was weird, log fires on boats are also a cool thing to have. I also read a book for the first time in forever. Recommend it.

Awesome. I'm working on getting a sailboat ready for summer. I'm really excited to have the end result of my project be a place to drink beer, BBQ, read books and nap on the lake. And if I feel like going fast (5kts, baby!), there's racing around.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Goons make the worst doctors. Lol at the quacks itt.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

Goober Peas posted:

Nobody's recommended homeopathy so maybe second worst?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

This guy is actually a chiropractor

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

To be fair, most doctors are poo poo anyway especially when it comes to back pain.

And don't even get me started on the VA. So many quacks you'd think it's a duck resort.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

monsterzero posted:

Gotcha. I wanted an ae86 for a while and then they had their tofu renaissance so I feel your pain. I could have bought a Corolla SR5 but it would have needed literally every part upgraded to be happy with it. I would have been better off saving my money for a couple years and buying what I wanted in the first place (assuming values don't triple in 12 episodes.) I ended up buying an AW11 instead. The moral of the story is you want a Japanese 80s RWD car, buy an MR2. They rule.
Pretty much this. Also "drift scene" cargo-cult mods are as annoying as the "rat look" poo poo.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I would love an AW11 if I had both a garage to work on it in (I live in an apartment, so nope on that front) and could find one mostly rust-free.

There was an SW20 turbo for sale near me recently but I am nowhere near a good enough driver to even look at that car.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I really want any kind of late nineties/early aughties rhd weeaboo dream machine that goes fast

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Larrymer posted:

This guy is actually a chiropractor

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

:colbert:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I drive a 99 Accord V6 coupe and it is the closest thing I will ever own to an NSX

Maybe one day... :unsmith:

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

Kazinsal posted:

I drive a 99 Accord V6 coupe and it is the closest thing I will ever own to an NSX

Maybe one day... :unsmith:

As I get older and my income increases all the cars I wanted when I was younger are either gone or the prices have gone up enough to keep them out of reach. My advice to my 18yo self would be to blow your college savings and take out as much credit as you can and buy that FD/NSX cause yolo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

18yo self would also total them within a month or less :v:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Blew my college savings on college years ago. It was a good choice, but now I really can't afford an NSX!

They're still hovering around 60-70k in Canada (and that's in Canadjan Pesos, so that's about 44-51k in internationally accepted freedom bucks) so perhaps one day my unrecognized talent for convincing people I know more than I actually do will get me the kind of raise I need to make a horrible car purchasing decision.

But right now, I am at work, and I am going to keep rereading Requiem for a Jeep because it's the first day for Cisco Live session scheduling and that means the session scheduler is broken as gently caress.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

bolind posted:

I would love to bike to work but there aren't any showers there or nearby. Even when the weather is nice I would definitely need a shower after a ride.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Played hooky from work this morning. Went to the gym for the first time in two months (fuuuuck) and all my progress is just gone. Feels bad, but it'll feel better later.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Feeling sore is great. Means you did something worth while.

Henry Rollins posted:

When the Iron doesn't want to come off the mat, it's the kindest thing it can do for you. If it flew up and went through the ceiling, it wouldn't teach you anything. That's the way the Iron talks to you. It tells you that the material you work with is that which you will come to resemble.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Maybe see an RMT?

Bonus: Massage.

e: To be clear, if you are in agony go see a real legit doc, but definitely see an RMT before you go to a chiropractor.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 2, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Chiropractors are scammers

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yeah for anything muscle, go to an RMT. Anything you think might be spine/nerve, go to a doc. I went to a chiropractor once at the suggestion of my (usually sane) mother and walked out feeling less of my original pain but only because there were new pains that were harder to ignore.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Re: back pain. Going to a DO worked better for me than an MD. DO sent me to a PT, which did a lot of good v. The MD who just wanted to give me pills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Oh, hello May thread. May everyone have sex. Lots and lots of sex.

• Locked thread