Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Here is a picture of me:

I like that your chin is a ballsac

(you should probably see a doctor)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Goons make the worst doctors. Lol at the quacks itt.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Larrymer posted:

This guy is actually a chiropractor

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

:colbert:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm trying to work out where the majority of replies being "gently caress Chiropractors, see a real goddamn doctor" makes for bad advice?

Actually it's pretty drat good to see a bunch of people say that.

Yeah, it was more directed towards the folks actually trying to dispense medical advice other than go to a doctor, but keep going. You're adding an additional interesting twist.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 2, 2017

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

quote:

muscle relaxers will get that fixed for you in three days (or at least make it so you can stretch it out and sort out the pulled muscle)

its definitely a muscle based on this which means the only thing they'll do is give you stronger ibuprofin and maybe a muscle relaxer and tell you to alternate between ice and heat

That is almost definitely a pulled muscle from sleeping funny,

It would have to be a constant issue, like if it kept happening over a month or something.

Shall I continue?

(i'm ribbing these guys and op a little. Dude needs to go to a trusted doctor for medical advice and not forums.somethingawful.com where everyone's credentials are dubious at best)

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 2, 2017

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Safety Dance posted:

The real question here is should the chiropractor ride a bicycle to work?

Only in a clown costume. Preferably with a red nose that honks.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Also don't ask you doctor to change your oil. He may stick his dipstick in the wrong reservoir.

#freeinternetforumadvice

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Grunt more. That's what the hot jocks at the gym do.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Health chat:

A guy just passed me in the hallway at work. He weighed about 400lbs. You literally could smell the diabeetus. Like, he had a strong odor of sugar. No kidding.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I just did the solar roof estimate on the Tesla site. My house will *lose* $21000 over 30 years with the recommended 50% solar roof.

Seems like a viable plan to me

:colbert:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Lovely. A coworker just parked his Sequoia on the hood of my car. He was trying fit it into a compact only spot while on the phone.

Edit: he wants to pay out of pocket instead of going through insurance.

Hahaha no.

:fuckoff:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Olympic Mathlete posted:

How is that even possible?

Steering wheel fully locked in one direction trying to pull into a space, his tire climbed right up the front passenger side of my car (I had backed into my space). Little contact with his bumper.

Taking it by my buddy's body shop after lunch.

Just got a confirmed claim with his insurance agent, they're taking full responsibility. Damage is easily $3k. He has State Fart (I have 3 SF agents in my family - I'm in good hands? lol)

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 25, 2017

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Goober Peas posted:

Steering wheel fully locked in one direction trying to pull into a space, his tire climbed right up the front passenger side of my car (I had backed into my space). Little contact with his bumper.

Taking it by my buddy's body shop after lunch.

Just got a confirmed claim with his insurance agent, they're taking full responsibility. Damage is easily $3k. He has State Fart (I have 3 SF agents in my family - I'm in good hands? lol)

Body shop initial estimate of $4400 - new HID headlight, bumper, grille, pax outer fender, hood, wheel/tire, paint. No apparent damage to the structure, all cosmetic.

Also, dude was an early-30s investment banker. I wish I could share his name because it is about the most early-30s investment banker name anyone could ever come up with.

I'm with you guys -- I don't know how you could be so daft to drive your truck up a car and/or try to fit your barge into a tugboat slot.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You know, car insurance companies suck.

Here's the scoop on State Fart:

1) They won't authorize repairs until they write a preliminary estimate. They give 3 options:
Opt 1) Take pictures with a Mobile App which is reviewed by a desk jockey in 2 business days
Opt 2) Take car to drive-in location for review by an estimator. Next appointment is 1 week out
Opt 3) Send estimator to body shop of choice. Next appointment is 2 weeks out.

They have officially told me that the body shop's documentation (pictures, estimate, etc) has no bearing in their preliminary estimate in any of the 3 options.

3a) Once preliminary estimate is complete I can:
Opt 1) Take it to one of 'their' shops (they all suck) and everything is handled by State Fart
Opt 2) Take it to my shop. They pay me directly - not the shop (see 3b/c below)

3b) If I take it to my shop I can get paid via
Opt 1) a check by mail in 2-4 weeks
Opt 2) a direct deposit in 2-4 business days

3c) If I take it to my shop I am responsible for negotiating any differences in cost for the approved damage

4) Supplements are handled by State Farm if I chose their shop, otherwise they pay me for any approved supplements and I get to negotiate any differences. See 3b for payment options.

The good news is my shop is awesome and willing to handle the negotiating with SF if SF will talk to them.

SF's whole process is hosed up

The sucky part is I'm insured with State Fart as well. I'm ditching these fuckers after this experience.

Any suggestions on car insurance in the US that doesn't suck?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Need a PC version ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Meow meow meow Mr Rogers

• Locked thread