Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'm rounding 30 myself. Woohoo!

I spent my day building a fake purposefully lovely desktop beverage dispenser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tk6M-qf6jo

I plan to write a web service and make it 100% Internet of Things this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The real question here is should the chiropractor ride a bicycle to work?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

slidebite posted:

Got the dryer up OK with not a ton of fuss (still hard work) but the washer was back breakingly killer and tough to do. About 300lbs, awkward as gently caress to move, and my helper tried so hard he lifted it off my dolly, causing the dolly to crash into the wall causing a huge gash. gently caress me. Oh well.

When the time comes for me to be a homeowner, I'm really tempted to install davits alongside an upper story window for this reason.

funny Star Wars parody posted:

i didnt know what bae systems was but apparently their combat vehicles hq is right near me

British aerospace company. They make my favorite adorable airplane, the BAE 146

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 8, 2017

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I had to pass a convoy of about a zillion of those and those tractor-trailer lookin' things on a two lane highway in Nowhere, Wyoming once. It was neat seeing them, but got that driving sucked.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

In between meetings, phone interviews, and scheduling movers, I don't think I'm going to have a free minute to do any actual work today.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

God dammit! I've had to reschedule babby's first flying lesson three times now, twice due to lovely weather and once because of a job interview. I just want to fly airplane!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Darchangel posted:

Oh holy poo poo I'm being called back for a second interview.
OK, how do I screw this up, because I know it's going to happen, so I want to do it right.
no I don't

Nice! With who / what industry?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

http://masterlist.co is dangerous -- I just added three impulse items to the zip ties I ordered from McMaster.

edit: boo, their cert is hosed.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I need to vent just a moment. This has been the day from heck.

11:30 - Arrive at airport
12:00 - 1:00 - Technical phone screen with a company
1:15 - board airplane
1:15 - 4:30 - sit at the terminal because they somehow managed to break the front gear landing light bracket, then a circuit breaker popped and they determined they should replace part of the flight director while maintenance was in there (I'm happy they fixed the plane, but I wasn't happy about sitting longer than the flight duration)
Time is meaningless to me - land in NY. Prep for interview.
Tomorrow: Interview with social_media_giant

I really need to read up on some neat projects they've done tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The Locator posted:

I suggest a long rant about how social media is ruining interpersonal relationships leading to the breakdown of society.

I'm saving that diatribe for the day I take the beast down from the inside or maybe if I get the job I'll just work there for a couple of years, learn a bunch, and it'll look pretty good on my resume for later when I'm trying to get into technical leadership

• Locked thread