Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Next month chat thread theme song: Final Countdown. I'm 32 and our third kid will be joining us. My own little pit crew :3:

The Jazz beat the Clippers. All is good in this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

slothrop posted:

It'll be interesting to see what sort of tricks you can turn with a car like that..

e: Is LTHDDY not available?

These are both excellent suggestions, perhaps BYCURIS, or FTHRBTM.

Tobias Funke is one of the best characters ever. How and why did David Cross take those drat awful Chipmunk movie roles?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

June chat thread: all my friends are having babies

Congrats on the new addition! We are currently at 33+ weeks with our third, so next month is go time. I have so much to do and not enough time to do it. Our sister in law just delivered their fourth about a week ago. Babies everywhere man.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Tomarse posted:

Whatever newb :dong:

Sixteen years? I'd expect your e-peen to be bigger than that.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I'm in the adult toy industry.

The specific segment being radio controlled cars. Large scale radio controlled cars.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Biodome posted:

I'm paid to tell people they're using their phone wrong.

I thought Steve Jobs died though :confused:

Tide posted:

Divorce finalized. I may have a date tonight. Weird feeling, man...

Go find your happiness old man.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

GOTG volume 2 is very good and you should all watch. I lost it at the cameo.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

The more I think about it, the only thing missing from volume 2 is that "holy poo poo this is new and different" feeling from the first one. I went into the first one completely blind to everything about it, so everything was just one glorious surprise after another. Kinda hard to do with a sequel.

I was curious if they would pull back a little from the first or if they would swing for the fences. They definitely went for it and I think it went well. You could see they increased the budget a lot. The facial adjustment for young Ego was unbelievably good when compared to what they did with Tron. More lines for Drax and Dave Bautista being hilarious gives me hope that he can become another Dwayne Johnson.

Last note; Zardu Hasselfrau lmao

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Bring a Trailer is one of my routine stops to break up the day. Some of the prices just never make any sense to me for some cars. I wonder how much ego bidding takes in account some things. I get the quirky weird things are cool, but the premiums of some are a bit :popeye:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

FREE T CRUISER

Please get the license plate PTLOSER as being self aware is the best way to take it.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

This is Rhyno with his sweet airbrushed PT Flamer

This is also Rhyno:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

It snowed last night in Salt Lake. :lol: to summer :smith: It looks like they teased a new season of Arrested Development and at first glance it sounds like they will go back to the old format. This pleases me immensely.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

http://masterlist.co is dangerous -- I just added three impulse items to the zip ties I ordered from McMaster.

edit: boo, their cert is hosed.

This is the most confusing thing I have seen on the internet today, and that includes this article:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

before or after?

regardless I bet it's a pain in the rear end.

You think it was bad for him? His doctor had a real butthole case he had to take care of that day. No fun for anyone involved. My guess is the dude engraved the name Lemmiwinks on the spinner.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

funny Star Wars parody posted:

i fuckin love this

robo hole makes the image 10/10

I noticed that Adam Carollas 24 Hour War was now streaming with Amazon Prime so I sat down and watched it the other day. As expected the cinematography and story was pretty riveting. Definitely an AI movie and good to know historical context and back ground of racing history and heritage. It gave me a greater appreciation for Shelby, dude was living the dream.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I don't drink alcohol at all. For a non water beverage I love bundaberg ginger beer or Mexican Coca Cola. Or a chocolate ice cream shake to satisfy my inner :btroll:

Only drink a regular size fuzzy drink once every two or three weeks.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

beep-beep car is go posted:

Wait, aren't you LDS? I thought you didn't have caffeine either? My (great) Aunt and Uncle were LDS and they drank water, juice and Sanka, and that was it.

Yes I am, and caffeine is not prohibited, but in the past it was advised against because people can become addicted. I believe it can be addictive for some, all things in moderation etc. Re: your auntie & uncle some people like to interpret a suggestion how they may but it is not a commandment. Tea/Coffee and alcohol are against what is colloquially referred to as the "Word of Wisdom" which is a guideline for a code of health. It is a list of things to do as well as things to abstain from. I personally do live by those tenets and in my 32 years of life have actually never touched alcohol, tobacco or any illegal drugs. Doesn't mean I get all judgey towards those that do either, the way I would hope they don't judge me for choosing to not.

CommieGIR posted:

As an ex-LDS: There are plenty of hypocrites.

This is true, hypocrisy is found inside the LDS faith as well as outside. I think that is one of the great challenges of life is truly learning to love and sincerely care about people regardless of their choices and lifestyle. I actually feel I have learned so much and have grown a lot in that regard over the last few years. Specifically since becoming a father.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Previa_fun posted:

I'm curious how a member of the LDS church finds himself signing up for an account on the something awful dot com forums. :v:

BigPaddy posted:

They like driving internet memes into the ground as well.

did I do it right?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

ilkhan posted:

I refuse to go to cinamark XD or equivalent movies because the volume is so loving loud. It ain't just you.

Agreed, too loud is too loud. Unfortunately when I saw GOTG vol 2 it was turned down super quiet. Beauty and the beast earlier this year was so obnoxious I could hear the steps in autotuned Emma Watson.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

spog posted:

I watched Suicide Squad last night.

I knew the reviews weren't good, but there's usually some moments of enjoyments in these kind of films,

...I honestly wished I had watched Ghostbusters 2017 again

Was it that bad? BvS was only alright for me. Was it better or worse than that? Wonder Woman looks awesome. My almost 5 year old daughter even gets pumped up when she sees the trailers for it.

Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. Mrs Heroic and I still like each other so that's nice.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

blk posted:

So, who here would give up beef for sports cars? I know I would.

As someone that finally bought a pellet smoker/grill just one year ago the answer is no.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

It sounds more like ignorance than anything else. At least it's not malicious.

My wife bought herself a new car "because she deserved it, and doesn't want anyone elses hand-me-downs" (meanwhile I have never owned a new ~anything~)."
She then proceeded to hit 2 gas station bollards, a parked car, a not parked car, a wall, a shelf, another wall, and god only knows what but I hope it was already dead.
The next day someone scratched her door and she LOST HER loving MIND.
A few weeks ago she rear ended someone and totaled it. We didn't even wait for the insurance money, we just went out and bought her ANOTHER brand new Rav4 :shrug:
It's not like she wants to hurt her car. It's just that she's incapable of being a good car owner. Some people are just bad people, but we love them anyway.
At least now her car will slam on the brakes for her when she fucks up.

:thunk:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

The Locator posted:

The On (Optimal Nutrition) Gold Standard brand from Costco is pretty tasty IMO. Of course I make them with whole milk, not water, so YMMV if you are anti cow-juice.

Muscle Milk on the other hand is loving nasty.

:hf: This is all good and true. I've actually transitioned from the Gold Standard to the Gold Standard natural one. I feel better with it. The only flavor worth having on the regular gold standard is Double Rich chocolate.

I think Dom from BroScience Life had a video about ON Gold Standard that was pretty bang on.

Edit: here's the link. It's worth the watch. https://youtu.be/RBc9wZkto1I

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 25, 2017

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

SF's whole process is hosed up

They are the worst. After my car was rear ended and totaled ten years ago I had such an awful experience with them as soon as I got my payout I bailed. I have been with Allstate since. They are more expensive but their service (when needed) has been outstanding. I have had something like 4 or 5 different agents (insurance biz is rough y'all). I have heard horrible experiences with Geico, Progressive, etc. I think we have a megathread on Insurance here in AI usually hovering around the first few pages.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Seminal Flu posted:

Also Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood is a pro pick.

This is a troll. No way you can be serious. Next you're going to suggest Caillou

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Drove an Evo X this morning and it definitely checks almost every box for me.

Sooooo let's see where we are in April.

*Call your insurance company and ask for a quote.
*Curl up in fetal position trying not to cry
*Cry a lot.

Went to Walmart today to find they had new Cars 3 diecasts. My wife and the kids were with me. We spent $35 on them and would have spent more if we stayed any longer. :homebrew:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

I like to think of it as being "either I can have kids or have a house with a garage and a nice car AND not want to kill myself".

You can have all though, no promises for the last part.
Trying not to humblebrag appreciation station. It's a lot of work and has taken a lot of work to get where we are, and I've caught some good breaks in life and it looks like more work is in the future but I've got the house and garage and the car(s) and two kids with our third coming in ~2-3 weeks. Wife stays home and does the mom thing full time. That's without a formal education as well. It can be done friends :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

#dadwinning

• Locked thread