Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

That's why we decided on mom staying home for awhile, what's the point of working if most or all of your paycheck goes to childcare? Yeah it was tough for awhile and I worked 50 and 60 hour weeks for what seemed like forever, but my son was taken care of by his mother until he was 7yrs old and you can't buy that. Now the wife is making great money and making up for the lost work time :v:

We did that. My wife was only finding part time stuff anyway that would pay less than daycare cost, so yeah, no way we're going to pay for the privilege of working. Daycare got cheaper after my daughter was a year old, so wife went back to work. I still cringed at the yearly cost - I could have bought a car!

On the topic of healthcare, I just looked at the premiums for the company I'm contracting through. Of, my poor rear end in a top hat. Just the healthcare is going to be $277 a *week* for high-deductible we-don't-pay-anything-until-you-spend-$10k bullshit. Over double what I was paying for better insurance with the outsourcers I was with. Blue Cross-Blue Shield. They do have a more basic program that's cheaper AND has no copays, but it does not cover any hospitalization. They offer a separate "pays cash" add on for hospitalization, that brings it back up to just under the other option, but the $0 out of pocket should make up for it. Going to run it by the wife tonight. Jesus, the pay increase over the first outsourcer I was with was just completely negated by the healthcare cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread