Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Random job chat: I'm sitting down to a 7 hour upgrade on one of our systems. I'm just remote hands for worst case, but it's got my workstation tied up. So, I can either work (haha!), drink, or list junk I've been wanting to sell on eBay. So far eBay is winning so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

everdave posted:

Will a 2 stroke auger be alright not running it out of gas every night after use? Because I am not going to do that. Started building my fence today I got two posts out of 45 set I am halfway there (I am using 8-12 foot 6x6 and having to do it myself)

Are you talking 1 post a week or one post a month? Either way, it should be fine. I never run equipment completely out until I'm getting ready to store it longer then ~3 months.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

everdave posted:

I have no idea how you did it. Last fence I built was when I was 15 or so and helped my dad with a post hole digger and I can still feel that special sort of chest muscle pain. I am thoroughly exhausted enough after just this initial try. But do remember I am having to dig down 18-36 inches and setting 6x6 posts sondont think too bad of me!

I'm going to be doing the same thing- except 48" down. Renting a Toro Dingo with a 16" bit for $150 and banging them out. Post hole diggers can suck it in clay soil.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I bought the comfiest loving stool for the shop today. It's literally the best piece of shop furniture I've ever found. I can't wait to rack up hours of rear end-to-cushing mileage on this thing.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

everdave posted:

What is It? I got a Gibson guitar stool for my little shop it's pretty nice.

I have no idea. Here's the only picture I have- I will check tonight for branding. The chrome ring on the base allows you to adjust the height with your heal.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
The micro tornado over in Olympia (Lacey) area of Washington dropped two out of three trees on my parents house. They just had their roof redone last year using the single piece of membrane. Nasty bit over weather everywhere lately it seems.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Any good remedy for a sore/scratchy throat? I've got no voice today and a hell of a headache. Whiskey did not help last night, probably because I forgot the honey and lemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Powershift posted:

No, i'm just gonna use it for solitare.

It has redundant 1000w hot plug power supplies so i'll never have any solitare downtime, and an E200i raid controller with 128mb cache, so it should make the cards fall real fast at the end.

It feels like whoever configured this thing was just trying to destroy money while not actually making it so quick that they couldn't sell them a new one in 3 years.

Why would you even want to power that tank? I just e-cylced it's brother with dual e5420's and 48GB ram. My $250 Dell T110 II with a modern xeon/32GB/SSD runs twice as fast.

• Locked thread