Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hello AI May chat thread. I am fairly new to AI having discovered this lovely place through the saga of 14 INCH and you all seem like cool and good people.

I kind of passed on PUBG when it first launched but if you guys do semi-regular pubstomps then I might pick it up. Looks like a good way to blow off some steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Looks interesting. I'll join the discord, thanks :)

e: oh poo poo you guys are in serious overchill, cool, I'm already in that one.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I would love an AW11 if I had both a garage to work on it in (I live in an apartment, so nope on that front) and could find one mostly rust-free.

There was an SW20 turbo for sale near me recently but I am nowhere near a good enough driver to even look at that car.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I drive a 99 Accord V6 coupe and it is the closest thing I will ever own to an NSX

Maybe one day... :unsmith:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Blew my college savings on college years ago. It was a good choice, but now I really can't afford an NSX!

They're still hovering around 60-70k in Canada (and that's in Canadjan Pesos, so that's about 44-51k in internationally accepted freedom bucks) so perhaps one day my unrecognized talent for convincing people I know more than I actually do will get me the kind of raise I need to make a horrible car purchasing decision.

But right now, I am at work, and I am going to keep rereading Requiem for a Jeep because it's the first day for Cisco Live session scheduling and that means the session scheduler is broken as gently caress.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yeah for anything muscle, go to an RMT. Anything you think might be spine/nerve, go to a doc. I went to a chiropractor once at the suggestion of my (usually sane) mother and walked out feeling less of my original pain but only because there were new pains that were harder to ignore.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Get someone in another country with free international talk and text to rack that kid's bill the gently caress up.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

That's the hard part.

Hmm. Does Skype still let you search for people by phone number? I remember once upon a time a forum I was on had a problem with some kid who got banned DDoSing us. We looked him up on skype, got a location and name, and called his mom.

The DDoS stopped.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Call pretending to be competition that's been won, but say you need an adult's permission to sort out the XBox or whatever he's won, hopefully get his mother on the phone or to call you back, and give her the list of poo poo.

gently caress, that's good.

For bonus marks, see if you can get a 1-800 number to show up on caller ID using Google Voice.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

scuz posted:

:siren: Roadmaster tiiiiiime :siren:

Taking pictures while working on cars is something at which I am VERY BAD so I wish I had more snaps. Here goes:

Hooooooly poo poo.

You know what you have to do.

Build a Cammaster.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

scuz posted:

What's a Cammaster?

A Cammaster is when you bolt a manual transmission onto an LT1 Roadmaster.

Behold.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Is it legal to have flashing lights and sirens on a private vehicle on public roads in TN? I know in a lot of places it's not.

I dunno, dude. I live in Canada so I don't know what the customs are for dealing with idiots like that down there but all I can say is file a police report and hope the local southern sheriff or whatever doesn't decide to make an example out of you for somehow slandering the good God-fearing name of the deceased in that procession and his/her family.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Dang. Is that Telus 150/150 fibre? They haven't introduced it where I am in Victoria but they have about a kilometre away from me... :(

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

It depends. Give up beef for an MX-5? Nah. Give up beef for a mint condition mid-90s Acura NSX? Pass me the magical fruit.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Maksimus54 posted:

Sour beer recommendations? PNW and Westcoast specific please. I'm big on most other beer styles but just haven't dug into the sour scene yet

Trading Post Brewery has some good sour stuff if you can get weird suburban Vancouver beers.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

spog posted:

All okay on the home front, mate?

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol what. I hope you make her put *a thing she likes* away because you don't like it.

Yeah I mean happy wife happy life etc but at the risk of sounding like e/n, have you considered getting some therapy or marriage counselling or :sever:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Dammit I'm trying to lose some weight but y'all are talking about tasty beers and deep fried potato skins :(

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Rhyno, import a first gen NSX from Canada. They're much less expensive here than they are in the US. (You can find well-maintained ones with 200,000 km or about 120k miles on them for $60k CAD or less).

THAT'S how you look good to the higher ups. Trade in your "that guy has a lot of variously working cars everywhere in our parking lot" for "whoa, that guy has an NSX". And let me live vicariously through you.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sup bored at work buddy? :hfive:

Company founder retired at noon today so the whole office is pretty somber. I'm sure there's stuff I could be doing but none of my customers seem to be interested in returning my emails or phone calls today so instead I'm posting on SA and looking at cars on autotrader.ca.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

nm posted:

What does the snip cost?

A thousand bucks out of pocket with no insurance in the US. But even in that case I'm fairly certain you can call up Planned Parenthood and they'll sort you and your vas deferens out.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ether Frenzy posted:

At about 14 I began to recognize that if you remove

$20k a year in childcare costs from age 0-3
$40k a year in childcare costs from age 3-18
$100k a year in college fund from age 18-23
$5k a year in "My kid needs to buy an Evo X but ended up having his own kids so now he wants me to dip into my retirement" fund from age 23-42

Then all the funds for yourself get real full, you can buy those crazy presents for your nieces and nephews that their MEAN parents won't buy them, eventually your mattress also fills up with $100 bills with no kids stealing them and you end up having to find dumb things to spend money on, like $40k cars.

No Ragrats.

I like to think of it as being "either I can have kids or have a house with a garage and a nice car AND not want to kill myself".

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

What the gently caress is wrong with your country? I paid 4000 canadian pesos per semester for tuition :psyduck:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

loving go for it then. It's your wedding, and if your extended family is terrible, gently caress 'em, don't let them drag your and your wife-to-be's day down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

oh boy BRZs/FR-Ss are now getting to the real cheap price range

They're going to get cheaper soon since rumours are floating around that Toyota's going to announce a second gen BRZ/whatever86 for the 2019 model year.

Seriously considering picking one up when that happens.

• Locked thread